Contribute
Register

Luxmark OpenCL Benchmark Updated to 2.1 for OS X 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Abberracus,

I saw some of your posts about the r9 280x.
I've been thinking of getting one (eventually maybe two)
I do a lot of FCPX.

Will two cards make a difference?
I've read about crossfire not working, but some posts are really old.

Also I've read that you changed the smbios to a macpro 5,1, and deleted the AppleTyMCEDriver kext.
Is there anything else I should consider before buying?

I am currently using them on a Gigabyte ga-x79s e-atx motherboard with an I7-3930k
I am using a mac pro 6.1 smbios and they work flawlessly. 2 cards make difference for rendering on FCPX 10.1 +
They have worked OOB w/o problems so far since 10.9.1 (currently on 10.9.2).
One of them runs a little hotter but I guess it's normal since monitors are only connected to one and the one that is higher will get warmer air.
I think they are very good cards and would recommend them - I am using the XFX double D.

Good luck and let me know if I can help you with anything.

I saw some of your posts about the r9 280x.
I've been thinking of getting one (eventually maybe two)
I do a lot of FCPX.

Will two cards make a difference?
I've read about crossfire not working, but some posts are really old.

Also I've read that you changed the smbios to a macpro 5,1, and deleted the AppleTyMCEDriver kext.
Is there anything else I should consider before buying?

I used 2x 280x in my build, MSI Radeon 280X Gaming. They worked great out of the box - just installed them and booted up and everything worked flawlessly.

Crossfire does currently _not_ work (ie, games only use one card), but for OpenCL stuff like FCPX you should get the full benefit of both cards. I would recommend 280x for any hackintosh build, as it's currently the best card available that works without issues in OS X.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies!
You guys are awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, thanks for the quick replies!
You guys are awesome!

But is only one card in my Hackintosh, a GTX 780 OC.

2014-03-11_20-44-40.png

Mari0, test only GTX 780 without Intel Hd checked.

EVGA 660 ti sc
Nvidia web driver: 331.01.01f02
CUDA driver: 5.5.47

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 3.57.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 3.57.35 PM.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 252
I used 2x 280x in my build, MSI Radeon 280X Gaming. They worked great out of the box - just installed them and booted up and everything worked flawlessly.

Crossfire does currently _not_ work (ie, games only use one card), but for OpenCL stuff like FCPX you should get the full benefit of both cards. I would recommend 280x for any hackintosh build, as it's currently the best card available that works without issues in OS X.

Are you running these under 10.9.2? I sold my dual 270x cards. Couldn't get them to work with 10.9.2 after working great for 2 months using 10.9.1. I sold them just before the price drop since scrypt mining is dying out. I'd be willing to pick up dual 280x cards on ebay but I'd like to trust they will work, unlike the 270x cards. Tough call because I use mac os 100% of the time so they must work if I'm going to invest the money. ;-)

Hi,

How did you get these 280x cards working on the Gigabyte X79 board? I have tried via 10.9.2 and have had no success.

Thanks.

I am currently using them on a Gigabyte ga-x79s e-atx motherboard with an I7-3930k
I am using a mac pro 6.1 smbios and they work flawlessly. 2 cards make difference for rendering on FCPX 10.1 +
They have worked OOB w/o problems so far since 10.9.1 (currently on 10.9.2).
One of them runs a little hotter but I guess it's normal since monitors are only connected to one and the one that is higher will get warmer air.
I think they are very good cards and would recommend them - I am using the XFX double D.

Good luck and let me know if I can help you with anything.

I'm also looking to go with dual 280x with my Gigabyte X79. How did you get them working with 10.9.2? mac pro 6.1 smbios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back