Contribute
Register

Low cost Mac Compatible BT mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people want macOS-exclusive functions, I would recommend Magic Trackpad (1 & 2). For other usages, get one gaming mouse. I use Magic Trackpad 2 and it is absolutely much better than Magic Mouse 2.

I have a Magic Trackpad 1 but I do things much faster with the Magic Mouse.

I mostly have the Magic Trackpad around in case I need to do any handwriting.

I have a Magic Trackpad 1 but I do things much faster with the Magic Mouse.
I have 1 and 2. Magic Trackpad 2 has some significant improvements.

Regardless of Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad, these are the only devices that does inertia scrolling correctly in macOS and it's a completely different experience when using other HID devices. IMO, you are just doing macOS an injustice when using a 3rd party input device.

Yeah. I still have my Magic Mouse 1 too and I also use rechargeable (Sanyo Eneloops). But the battery on the Magic Mouse 2 lasts much longer.
I would imagine it does, but the OP was looking for cheap and these things are everywhere and essentially valueless.

Btw, a little known fact is that the Magic Mouse has an Arm SoC in it...

Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 1.21.40 AM.png

Btw, a little known fact is that the Magic Mouse has an Arm SoC in it...
About the time the MM 2 came out (2015) Apple had already decided to go with ARM processors in Macs too. They looked at the Skylake microcode and knew it was time to ditch Intel. The only Intel made chip in Macs in the future will be the Wifi cards that Intel produces.

Personally, the Magic Mouse and Trackpad have been products I tried to use as my daily drivers but I could never fully get comfortable with using them all day long. I also don't really like Mac keyboards either. I guess that's part of the reason I'm highly invested in hackintoshing too.

About the time the MM 2 came out (2015) Apple had already decided to go with ARM processors in Macs too. They looked at the Skylake microcode and knew it was time to ditch Intel. The only Intel made chip in Macs in the future will be the Wifi cards that Intel produces.

Personally, the Magic Mouse and Trackpad have been products I tried to use as my daily drivers but I could never fully get comfortable with using them all day long. I also don't really like Mac keyboards either. I guess that's part of the reason I'm highly invested in hackintoshing too.

I believe Apple already started using their own Wi-Fi chips.

I'm not a fan of their current keyboards but I lust over the old Apple Extended Keyboard II.

I believe Apple already started using their own Wi-Fi chips
I think they'll be making their own iPhone modems eventually but I haven't heard about them making their own Wifi or BT chipsets yet. Maybe they're working on Wifi 7 already ? That's still at least 3 years off from public release.

I think they'll be making their own iPhone modems eventually but I haven't heard about them making their own Wifi or BT chipsets yet. Maybe they're working on Wifi 7 already ? That's still at least 3 years off from public release.

Yeah, their own cellular modems is a given after their acquisition of the Intel unit.

Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 7.12.42 AM.png

Source:https://www.ifixit.com/News/46884/m1-macbook-teardowns-something-old-something-new

Too bad for the hackintosh community that they didn't use Intel Wifi, especially laptop hackintosh owners.

USI is the company that manufactures these for Apple. I'm assuming that Apple has done all of the design work in Israel where their ASi chip engineers reside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back