Contribute
Register

Lost sleep after update - Acer 5755G (10.10.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer 5755G (1.21 Akbar)- 10.11.2/W7Pro/Mint17.2
CPU
i5 2430M/HM65
Graphics
Intel HD3000/ GT540m (1366x768)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys! It's been a while..

The problem:
After updating to 10.10.2 i've lost sleep.

The situation:
When i close the lid or try to manually sleep laptop goes to sleep but just for 1 sec. It wakes up immediately.

The facts:
I had no problem before the update.
I did not change BIOS settings.
Windows Sleeps well.

Files attached: View attachment problem_files.zip
IOReg, config.plist, DSDT,SSDT

Could You please take a look?

Hello guys! It's been a while..

The problem:
After updating to 10.10.2 i've lost sleep.

The situation:
When i close the lid or try to manually sleep laptop goes to sleep but just for 1 sec. It wakes up immediately.

The facts:
I had no problem before the update.
I did not change BIOS settings.
Windows Sleeps well.

Files attached: View attachment 131353
IOReg, config.plist, DSDT,SSDT

Could You please take a look?

No idea why it would change, but your configuration is certainly atypical.

I would avoid all Clover DSDT "Fixes" except for FixRegions and NewWay (FixRegions requires NewWay).

You might look here for example config.plist files: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

See this guide for DSDT patching: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

There is a specific section in there for "instant wake". Strange that you're injecting AAPL,clock-id only on EHC1 and not EHC2.

Also, is it only a problem when using the lid? What happens with Apple->Sleep?

Depending on your USB3 device, you should consider using AppleUSBXHCI instead of GenericUSBXHCI.

No idea why it would change, but your configuration is certainly atypical.

I would avoid all Clover DSDT "Fixes" except for FixRegions and NewWay (FixRegions requires NewWay).
the fixes, i don't use it at all..

i was trying to fix the problem by myself using lucky shoot fixes, forgot to uncheck them later.

i will look there , and i will try to build config.plist all over
i know this guide, i'll get more familiar with it

There is a specific section in there for "instant wake". Strange that you're injecting AAPL,clock-id only on EHC1 and not EHC2.
kill me, i don't know why. my config.plist is very old, from mavericks times i think. I updated Clover/Clover Configurator a few times since that. Maybe that is some old garbage.. i'll consider creating a new one as i mentioned a few lines above
Also, is it only a problem when using the lid? What happens with Apple->Sleep?
Yes, all sleep ways works like this: LID, Apple -> Sleep, Energy save sleep

i forgot, it might be important.

when the LID is closed the laptop remains in a sleep/wake loop.
1.sleep
2. after 2 sec wake
3. then sleep again
and all over

Depending on your USB3 device, you should consider using AppleUSBXHCI instead of GenericUSBXHCI.
well, i never heard about this. To be honest i don't use USB3 speed at all, i could use it as 2.0. Anyway i'll try Your advice.

the fixes, i don't use it at all..

Not true. If that's your intention, you should review your config.plist...

Yes, all sleep ways works like this: LID, Apple -> Sleep, Energy save sleep

Answer is not conclusive/understandable. Does sleep work fine with Apple->Sleep or does it behave the same as with the lid?

Not true. If that's your intention, you should review your config.plist...
what i meant is i usually don't use them. i need to uncheck them.

Answer is not conclusive/understandable. Does sleep work fine with Apple->Sleep or does it behave the same as with the lid?

Apple->Sleep doesn't work. it wakes up after a second and returns to desktop

LID: wakes after a second, and after another second goes sleep again (because the LID remains closed), then wakes again and again. let me say this in international way ;)

Code:
while (LID.Closed==true)
{
sleep()
wait(1)
wake()
wait(1)
}
;)

what i meant is i usually don't use them. i need to uncheck them.

Apple->Sleep doesn't work. it wakes up after a second and returns to desktop

LID: wakes after a second, and after another second goes sleep again (because the LID remains closed), then wakes again and again. let me say this in international way ;)

Code:
while (LID.Closed==true)
{
sleep()
wait(1)
wake()
wait(1)
}
;)

Check for "Wake reason" in system.log. Seems like classic "instant wake" (lack of AAPL,clock-id inject) to me...

Check for "Wake reason" in system.log. Seems like classic "instant wake" (lack of AAPL,clock-id inject) to me...

i see something like this
Code:
23 mar 2015, 00:31:51 kernel[0]: Wake reason: PWRB EHC1 (User)

UPDATE:

i decided to use Your config.plist (but change it a little to suit my needs - Mostly GUI part). Guess what? Laptop now sleeps like a baby :)

there is something more. i saw in Your config.plist: inject INTEL = true. I decided to leave it as it is (it never worked for me before, after apple logo i saw only black screen so i always used "false").

now it works (inject INTEL = true), and my screen flickering (on dark backgrounds) problem is gone.. i can't belive it.

i need to study this config.plist very carefully!

Thanks RehabMan!

i see something like this
Code:
23 mar 2015, 00:31:51 kernel[0]: Wake reason: PWRB EHC1 (User)

Is that one of the "instant wake" scenarios or a normal wake up via power button (or USB)?

Did you figure out why AAPL,clock-id is not injected on EHC2 yet?

Is that one of the "instant wake" scenarios or a normal wake up via power button (or USB)?

Did you figure out why AAPL,clock-id is not injected on EHC2 yet?

it looks like my config.plist was missing some stuff. please look for my update in #7

there is something more. i saw in Your config.plist: inject INTEL = true. I decided to leave it as it is (it never worked for me before, after apple logo i saw only black screen).

now it works, and my screen flickering (on dark backgrounds) problem is gone.. i can't belive it.

i need to study this config.plist very carefully!

The keys to understanding the HD3000 config.plist files:
- Clover's Inject/Intel=true has no proper support for HD3000 (it injects the wrong properties, only supports HD4000+)
- Devices/AddProperties is used to inject the correct properties (AAPL,snb-platform-id)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back