Lost Sleep After 10.10.2 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hm77
CPU
Graphics
hd4000
On Mavericks, and using 10.10 and 10.10.1, I didn't have to do anything to enable sleep, it worked out of the box. Since the upgrade to 10.10.2, the computer will sleep, but it will reboot on attempting to wake. Otherwise, power management seems fully functional (processor speed stepping, etc). I've been trying various fixes I've found with Google for days, but as of yet nothing has changed my symptoms. The only variable I notice is if I have AsusAICPUPM unchecked in Clover Configurator, the system will sleep and wake immediately and reboot.

My laptop is an Acer V5-171-6675, Intel Core i3-2377M, HD3000. This laptop is a mixed system, a sandy processor on an Intel Series 7 board.

I'm using the latest version of Clover, to boot in UEFI mode.

Attached you'll find my DSDT, clover config, and the output of kextstat -l

pmset -g

Code:
Active Profiles:
Battery Power        -1*
AC Power        -1
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        3
 halfdim              1
 displaysleep         2
 standbydelay         4200
 ttyskeepawake        1
 sleep                0
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 disksleep            10
 standby              0

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• kextstat.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 257
  • DSDT.aml
    48 KB · Views: 194
  • config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 155
On Mavericks, and using 10.10 and 10.10.1, I didn't have to do anything to enable sleep, it worked out of the box. Since the upgrade to 10.10.2, the computer will sleep, but it will reboot on attempting to wake. Otherwise, power management seems fully functional (processor speed stepping, etc). I've been trying various fixes I've found with Google for days, but as of yet nothing has changed my symptoms. The only variable I notice is if I have AsusAICPUPM unchecked in Clover Configurator, the system will sleep and wake immediately and reboot.

My laptop is an Acer V5-171-6675, Intel Core i3-2377M, HD3000. This laptop is a mixed system, a sandy processor on an Intel Series 7 board.

I'm using the latest version of Clover, to boot in UEFI mode.

Attached you'll find my DSDT, clover config, and the output of kextstat -l

pmset -g

Code:
Active Profiles:
Battery Power        -1*
AC Power        -1
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        3
 halfdim              1
 displaysleep         2
 standbydelay         4200
 ttyskeepawake        1
 sleep                0
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 disksleep            10
 standby              0

Any suggestions?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Thanks for the reply, RehabMan. Attached you'll find the files you requested. I used IORegisteryExplorer from that post, and installed your patchmatic to /usr/bin/ as directed.

Code:
   13    2 0xffffff7f82302000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Code:
   21    0 0xffffff7f821ab000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   29    0 0xffffff7f821a6000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    608.1 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for the reply, RehabMan. Attached you'll find the files you requested. I used IORegisteryExplorer from that post, and installed your patchmatic to /usr/bin/ as directed.

Code:
   13    2 0xffffff7f82302000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Code:
   21    0 0xffffff7f821ab000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   29    0 0xffffff7f821a6000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

Hibernate should be disabled (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0).

You might have an issue with instant wake (no AAPL,clock-id injection on EHC1/EHC2). See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

It is likely the GenericUSBXHCI.kext you're using is not built for Yosemite. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

You should eliminate 3rd party system software: LittleSnitch, SoundFlower, DaemonTools.

Hibernate should be disabled (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0).

You might have an issue with instant wake (no AAPL,clock-id injection on EHC1/EHC2). See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

It is likely the GenericUSBXHCI.kext you're using is not built for Yosemite. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

You should eliminate 3rd party system software: LittleSnitch, SoundFlower, DaemonTools.

I'm using your latest version of GenericUSBHCI, injected via clover's kexts folder, but I've already tried removing all of my injected kexts expect FakeSMC (fakesmc was taken from the latest Multibeast) and the problem persists.

I uninstalled little snitch, sound flower, and daemontools, and the problem persists.

I set the hibernatemode mode to 0 and the problem persists.

I selected the Add ClockID option in Clover, as well as the other USB options, and the problem persists. Is this the same as adding clock-id manually to the DSDT? If not, I'll look into making the patch.

Thanks you very much for you help. Do you have any other ideas?

Edit:

A list of patches I've applied to my DSDT that I extracted with Ubuntu.

I got most of these patches from your repo:

Rename GFX0to IGPU
graphics_MEI_sandy
graphics_HD3K_low
graphics_PNLF_ivy_sandy
audio_HDEF-layout3 (from toleda)

Ha! You're right, I was looking at your Google Code site, not Bitbucket. Still, I updated to the latest version of your driver (built in October of '14), but it had no effect on my problem.

Greatly appreciate the help so far. Would you have any other suggestions?

Ha! You're right, I was looking at your Google Code site, not Bitbucket. Still, I updated to the latest version of your driver (built in October of '14), but it had no effect on my problem.

Greatly appreciate the help so far. Would you have any other suggestions?

Post updated files. See post #2.

Updated files are attached.

Power management is not implemented correctly.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Don't forget to fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back