Contribute
Register

Looking GPU for Sierra Hackintosh ( i7-4790K - GA-Z97X-UD7 TH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z97X UD7 TH
CPU
Intel i7 4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Windforce
Hi!

I had a hackintosh working on El Capitan with this:

SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
Monitor
Samsung 28-Inch Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (U28D590D)
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3
Graphics (now dead)
Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4 GB GDDR5

But as my graphics card just died, I need to replace it and don't know exactly what could be the best option.

I want my hackintosh mostly to edit video on 10bits 4K max but generally Full HD at 10 or 8 bits.
Also want to use After Effects with fast rendering.

I know this could not be part of this forum but I tried to get this work with internal graphics and could not make it. But that's another story.

So, what graphics could be perfect for replace the GTX 960 with a budget of max $300? Would be necessary to spend that much? Could I make it with $150 or $200?

Thanks in advanced!

Try a 1050 Ti 4GB which works well at a lower cost. The 1060s have gone way up in price due to cryptocurrency mining. Hard to get one under $300 these days.

Try a 1050 Ti 4GB which works well at a lower cost. The 1060s have gone way up in price due to cryptocurrency mining. Hard to get one under $300 these days.

Ok thanks for your advice.

Already bought Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4GB GDDR5 128-bit .
I will let you know how it goes in case anyone else has a similar build.

Great card, built one using it in my secondary i3 system. Great and fast!

I see that your using El Capitan. I thought that the GTX 1000 series cards work only for Sierra? Ive read that somewhere. Im still looking myself in this website.

Yes only 10.12.4 and on for Pascal cards.

I see that your using El Capitan. I thought that the GTX 1000 series cards work only for Sierra? Ive read that somewhere. Im still looking myself in this website.

Dear friends,

my rig is: GA-Z97X-UD7-TH | i7 4790K.

Previously I used GT 210 graphics card without any issue. This one died and plan to buy 1050TI windforce card.

In some threads, threatening me that, 1050 TI pascal cards are not much compatible as stated in tonymac gpu guideline.

could you kindly confirm 1050ti performance... Is this valuable for fcpx and editing purpose...

Thanks in advance...

Is this valuable for fcpx and editing purpose...
If you can find the RX560 by Gigabyte at a similar price to the 1050 Ti that is the better choice for FCP X. I use a GTX 1050 with 10.13.3 and the web driver without any problems but don't use it for FCPro.

Curious to know if it was a success. Are you still running Sierra or High Sierra with the 1050?

I ask because I'm looking to jump to the 1070 very soon.

ALSO

Was it as simple as swapping out Graphic Cards and updating the Drivers?

If anyone else has an answer, please share. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back