Graphics
N Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I've been searching for a new mac computer for some time now and have found the hackintosh world. IVe researched and looked for cheaper builds and found the customac mini 2011. Is that a good build or does it have to be updated? Im still a kid with a low paying job and i have a budget of about $400.00 not including monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. Anyone have any suggested builds or ideas? Thanks for the help :)

If you don't mind a compromise and a couple of hoops, there's this:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/deals-day/69288-complete-h77-kit-398-frys.html

Keep in mind that $400 is not just low, but particularly low. So I would expect most solutions to involve compromises unless you can bring at least a few existing parts to the table like hard drives, cases, PSU's, etc. I do feel for you, though. I remember what it was like to be young and broke (as opposed to now that I'm older and not quite as broke).

The CustoMac Mini 2011 Builds are still good builds. DON'T Skimp on the PSU though.

If you don't mind a compromise and a couple of hoops, there's this:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/deals-day/69288-complete-h77-kit-398-frys.html

Keep in mind that $400 is not just low, but particularly low. So I would expect most solutions to involve compromises unless you can bring at least a few existing parts to the table like hard drives, cases, PSU's, etc. I do feel for you, though. I remember what it was like to be young and broke (as opposed to now that I'm older and not quite as broke).

Yes I know $400 is extremely though and ive seen the frys barebone set before so i'll check it out :) thanks :) Im still keeping the customac mini 2011 in mind too though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back