i7-950
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a smoothly running system now with no issues. I was landing into lot of trouble with my initial ASUS P6T SE motherboard which I swapped for the better supported Gigabyte board and no issues since.

I bought this HD webcam to improve web chat experience. This logitech webcam is supported for OSX and I downloaded the software for same. I have noted that the webcam and integrated microphone work great but many times after reboot the camera is not picked up by system, if I unplug from usb and plug it back in then it works fine. I am using the USB kext rollback in multi beast, any suggestions for why it might happen

jemmyuk said:
I have a smoothly running system now with no issues. I was landing into lot of trouble with my initial ASUS P6T SE motherboard which I swapped for the better supported Gigabyte board and no issues since.

I bought this HD webcam to improve web chat experience. This logitech webcam is supported for OSX and I downloaded the software for same. I have noted that the webcam and integrated microphone work great but many times after reboot the camera is not picked up by system, if I unplug from usb and plug it back in then it works fine. I am using the USB kext rollback in multi beast, any suggestions for why it might happen
You might ask DoctorWho. He has the same camera and stated on the thread below that it works great in both OS X and Windows 7.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8638

You might ask DoctorWho. He has the same camera and stated on the thread below that it works great in both OS X and Windows 7.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8638[/quote]

Thanks, have sent a PM to him as well if he responds.

I bought a Logitech C270 webcam just for Win7 - knowing that it would have never worked with OSX.
Yesterday I installed Skype ver. 5 for OSX and I realized that the aforementioned C270 webcam is recognized as a generic webcam under 10.6.6 and it works flawlessly.

C270 in Italy costs 30 euros that equals 40 USD.

wavesequence said:
I bought a Logitech C270 webcam just for Win7 - knowing that it would have never worked with OSX.
Yesterday I installed Skype ver. 5 for OSX and I realized that the aforementioned C270 webcam is recognized as a generic webcam under 10.6.6 and it works flawlessly.

C270 in Italy costs 30 euros that equals 40 USD.

yes I am aware of this but was looking for a HD webcam and usb mic. the C910 works beautifully when it does but seems like the usb port goes to sleep or something at times
I found this link very useful to find compatible softwares for hackintosh
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.6

jemmyuk said:
yes I am aware of this but was looking for a HD webcam and usb mic. the C910 works beautifully when it does but seems like the usb port goes to sleep or something at times
I found this link very useful to find compatible softwares for hackintosh
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.6
jemmyuk
Thanks for the link and it's quite somewhat curious because I didn't know that page in full, i.e. I never read out it completely and I bought a working oob webcam unbeknown to me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back