Contribute
Register

Logitech Control Center not finding devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Anyone else having issues recently with Logitech Control Center?

I recently updated to 10.8.3 and changed my system definition from MacPro3,1 to MacMini6,1 and back (I'm back to using MacPro3,1 -- had sleep issues with MacMini). Seemingly since these changes, my Logitech Control Center in System Preferences can no longer find any devices. This is despite the fact that the Logitech Unifying Software finds by my MX performance mouse and K750 keyboard. Basically, I've lost all but the most basic functionality because of this, and my wonderful mouse is essentially crippled.

Anyone have any thoughts on actions I could take for troubleshooting? I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of the logitech software multiple times (with reboots), and have even tried a different unifying receiver (usb dongle). The mouse and keyboard are recognized by my 10.8.3 MBP without any issues.

Thanks.

Solved my own problem.

For some reason, the Logitech Control Center Daemon was not running (/Library/Application Support/Logitech/Logitech Control Center/Logitech Control Center Daemon.app). I added this to my login items (System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items) once, rebooted at it works. Strangely, the application is no longer listed in my login items, but it's running after rebooting -- can be verified in the terminal via a "ps aux|grep Logitech".

All is well now.

Unfortunately it's more complicated. Adding the Launch Daemon to my login items only survives one reboot. The problem for me appears to be that everything in /Library/LaunchDaemons (plists that call launch daemons including the Logitech Control Center) is not being loaded by launchctl upon startup. Not sure what the problem is at this point.

I've had this issue as well in the past, and unfortunately, can't give you a good answer of how I fixed it. To be honest, I really have a love/hate relationship with my logitech stuff and my hack.

I would attempt the normal stuff like repair permissions.

This is one of those problems for me that manages to fix itself on it's own for some reason.

The problem can be solved this way

My Logitech mouse loses its mind after a sleep cycle. Does not wake properly... BUT it works even though LGS won't find it.

If I re-sleep the computer and then wake it up a second time... the LGS software finds my mouse. Go figure.

I have same problem, I tried to follow the instruction from video, but it seems I can't even execute "Logitech Control Center Daemon.app"

I have tried everything on this page and I only came up with this page in a search that was actually useful, so I thought I would post my fix to this.
Nothing on this page fixed it for me, BUT all was great advice.

What I did was remove (using appcleaner.app) all logitech programs and deleting the Logitech folder, location stated in post 2 (/Library/Application Support/Logitech/) I tried to use appcleaner for all apps in that folder first, then deleted the folder itself.

Now I rebooted and did a PRAM reset 3 times (holding "Option""CMD""P""R"), downloaded "Logitech Control Center Installer" again and installed, rebooted when asked and now all is working SO FAR.
I have OSX 10.12.1 MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2010.

Thank You all for posting great advice, I am sure it helps someone.

I have same problem, I tried to follow the instruction from video, but it seems I can't even execute "Logitech Control Center Daemon.app"

Same here. CleanMyMac3 says the daemon is running, but LCC still doesn't detect my keyboard. This means: scrambled keys, no numpad, no extra keys...

tnx for support!

Same problem here.. Would be awesome if someone a bit more tech-savvy than me has any ideas. Have tried everything above without luck :/ Have a logitech K740 illuminated keyboard that I´m really happy with, but it sucks not being able to customize anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back