Contribute
Register

Logitech C910 web cam: Picture Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMacRo said:
The upgrade went smoothly and everything that worked in 10.6.8 appears to be working in Lion with the exception of my Logitech C910 webcam. The video preview window appears in iChat but the picture is solid black. The camera worked in 10.6.8 and works when I boot into Windows on this machine. Any suggestions?

I had the same solid black preview issue with my C910 on a fresh install in Lion, it only worked with the logitech software for mac until i tried moving it to a different USB port.
For some reason Lion did not like it on any of the two first USB ports on the top of the back of the mobo. The ones that are used for keyboard and mouse usually .
Now if works beautifully with everything i have tried it, skype, yahoo messenger, facetime, photo both, icam and the logitech software V 2.2 (latest).

I fought this problem for 3 days, sometimes it is just the simplest things we just try first.

Hope it helps.

C910 arrived and worked straight away :clap:

I am chatting to my mum on Skype atm and have also tested FaceTime and Photo Booth.

The only thing I can't get to work is the FaceTime registration but Google shows I am not alone on that one :crazy:

I got FaceTime registered, oddly had to use Chameleon RC5 r755 (Mentioned here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 1423&st=60 ), I already have my Ethernet added to my DSDT.aml so could access the App Store just fine, but FaceTime wasn't playing :beachball: until I "downgraded" Chameleon. Once registration in FaceTime is complete you can revert back to your current Chameleon.

freituk said:
jpa said:
freituk said:
side note:
Logitech C510 works perfect - FaceTime, Ichat, Skype, etc...
Very nice picture (i think all this programs support 720p of this webcam)

how to install cam?? my 510 not works :(

drivers??
Work out of the box with my 2 hacks. No drivers. Just plug and play.
First tested with app "photo booth"

GL jpa

not works my cam :(

Don't know what you guys are talking about.

C910 HD works fine on mine.

Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 6.48.21 PM.png

FaceTime registration is a different issue though.

Kris

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 6.48.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 6.48.21 PM.png
    494.2 KB · Views: 250
Facetime works but as soon as I connect with someone, my p8p67 m pro hackintosh with c910 hd kernel panics. anyone else have this issue?

My C510 worked right OOB. I even tried the C910 software, the 510 don't have the "Mac compatible" badge hence no soft, it worked great and could configure all settings just like in windows.
Sometimes the webcam won't give any signal (black screen), but I just need to re-plug it and it's running again.

NeoGeo71 said:
Facetime works but as soon as I connect with someone, my p8p67 m pro hackintosh with c910 hd kernel panics. anyone else have this issue?

resolved. used the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver instead of the official one from Realtek and now facetime works!

I was having random kernel panic with transmission too and I am confident this will resolve that issue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back