Contribute
Register

Loginfailed's Build - P8Z77-M / 3770K / 650 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an entire subsection of this forum dedicated to DSDT. I would suggest a bit of reading to become more familiar with what benefits come with use of a DSDT.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/

Just a small quote for some examples taken from this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/98375-asus-dsdt-patch-repository-maciasl.html
These patches resolve issues like the following:
  • USB/FW broken or wake problems
  • USB2 drives not working in USB3 ports
  • USB devices showing as 'unknown'
  • USB devices not working in Apple Keyboards
  • iPads and iPhones not charging
  • Fix the SMBUS device
  • Add the missing MCHC device
  • Proper device renames
  • Fix the Ethernet to fix AppStore issues
  • Fix Intel SATA for use with OS X ML 10.8.2 or below
  • Device injection for ASMedia SATA/USB3, Atheros LAN/WiFi, Broadcom LAN/WiFi and Marvell SATA
  • Long Wake Fix (If this patch was not included for your board and is required please let me know)

I have used a DSDT on my last 4 builds. It has become part of my standard process. I cannot live with the audio popping each time the ALC887 hardware wakes from sleep. Since enabling HDMI audio requires the use of a DSDT, that is one additional benefit in my case.

Today I did a fresh install of Mavericks. Everything is working perfectly as far as I can tell. I will append the original post soon to reflect the process.

No MAC address or other network issues thus far.

Thanks for your update.

Glad to know everything works fine!

Updated guide in original post to reflect a clean install of OS X Mavericks and the latest versions of Unibeast and Multibeast. Added iMessage fix. Updated hardware information. Fixed some spelling errors. Updated some of the pictures.

Thanks for looking!

Yes, PJALM's repository is out of commission as of right now. The creator of MaciASL, SJ_UnderWater is looking into getting the repo back up. In the mean time, you may want to post in the DSDT forum for help with your specific build.

Hello,
I was thinking about mirroring a build from golden builds forum until I saw this. It is almost perfect for my needs:clap: except that I will do some Changes due to availability in my country and price. DO you Think it is any problem or that I do need to change any seettings if I use OCZ fatal1ty 750w instead of ax750w corsair, and if I use sandisk 240 gb -g26 (newer model) rather than g25? It is my first time building a pc let alone a mac so I wonder do you think it is managable and should I think about something , any advice about this build? I amalso gonna skip the optical drive, the 4tb hdd and use a 2 tb external hdd instead via usb and i will skip the vantec ez swap.
Loginfailed, I have to tell you how absolutely delighted I am about your detailed description!!!! :)

I also wonder if you would be able to help a Little with advice if I do manage to **** it up and get stuck despite your description?

I will make my order for parts as soon as you answer :thumbup:, really looking forward to it.

Sorry for my imperfect english! aNd thank you for your help:wave:

Or maybe I will use corsair CX 750W instead of ocz or AX750w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back