Contribute
Register

Loginfailed's Build - P8Z77-M / 3770K / 650 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I was thinking about mirroring a build from golden builds forum until I saw this. It is almost perfect for my needs:clap: except that I will do some Changes due to availability in my country and price. DO you Think it is any problem or that I do need to change any seettings if I use OCZ fatal1ty 750w instead of ax750w corsair, and if I use sandisk 240 gb -g26 (newer model) rather than g25? It is my first time building a pc let alone a mac so I wonder do you think it is managable and should I think about something , any advice about this build? I amalso gonna skip the optical drive, the 4tb hdd and use a 2 tb external hdd instead via usb and i will skip the vantec ez swap.
Loginfailed, I have to tell you how absolutely delighted I am about your detailed description!!!! :)

I also wonder if you would be able to help a Little with advice if I do manage to **** it up and get stuck despite your description?

I will make my order for parts as soon as you answer :thumbup:, really looking forward to it.

Sorry for my imperfect English! aNd thank you for your help:wave:
Loginfailed's build is an Ivy Bridge based system. So, if you can still find the 7 series motherboard and an Ivy Bridge processor to buy in your country, go for it. I do recommend that you look at the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guides as tonymacx86 has listed components that contribute a successful installation of OS X. The newer Buyer's Guides have the latest components, but you can go "back in time" and look at earlier Buyer's Guides that dealt with Ivy Bridge motherboards and processors. However, I'd use the current Buyer's Guide for the other components.

Of all the components to consider "critical" for a successful build, the motherboard/processor combination are the most demanding which is why tonymacx86 recommends the Gigabyte motherboards as they are the easiest to have a successful installation of OS X.

The next critical component is the graphics card. Apple currently supports nVidia 600 series graphics cards out of the box, like Loginfailed's 650 Ti. Apple also supports the Intel Integrated Graphics with the appropriate processor and motherboard; HD3000/4000/4600 is supported in Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

Finally, today, if you buy a new power supply, make sure it is Haswell compatible. Haswell processors have a low idle voltage which will cause the power supply to think the motherboard/process have shut down, and the power supply with stop supply power to the components.

All the other components do not affect your successful installation of OS X. Just make sure you use one of the better SSDs to ensure the SSD's controller performs good "garbage" collection. Most of us use TRIM on our SSDs.

Good luck! ...and have fun!

Thank you for the reply Stork!! My main problem is that I need the step by step guide for each step just like loginfailed have given. If not, I will have a hard time to figure out the settings by myself, and it is really scary for me. I would prefer Haswell but he have given the steps and guide for Sandy Bridge, and i really like his guide because it is so detailed and that is my bad reason for choosing exactly this build. And thank you for the other tips as well!!! I am having a hard time deciding :( I want to mirror an exact build maybe choosing a different ssd and such things that do not affect any settings or process.

Emily.Mac,
Take your time and read all you can so the process seems to become familiar. As I use to tell the players that I coached, "don't rush to fail." :thumbup: So, in that vain, I'd like to recommend you do the following.

There is a forum section here call the Basics. I'd start with this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104542-im-new-everything-where-do-i-start.html

then read tonymacx86's Mavericks Installation Guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Look at the build descriptions in the Golden Builds forum section and the forum section Mavericks Desktop Guides, too (although there are a lot of "me, too" so called guide in that section). I write my guides and build descriptions for the new person to hackintoshing, so don't be afraid to read mine build descriptions or guides, too.

Just for the record, I'm not trying to dissuade you from following Loginfailed's build description because it is very good. :thumbup: I just want you to get more knowledge before you "dive into the pool."

Stork,
Thank you very much for your help and ideas.I will read the guides and read the threads you posted. I am not feeling as overwhelmed as before thanks to your support <3 thank you!

I will do some Changes due to availability in my country and price.

Thank you for the kind words. I tried to make my guide as clear as possible in hopes someone could benefit from it.

The changes you mentioned will not really have any effect on the success of the build. If you plan to build an Ivybridge system, everything should be about the same as mine.

If you don't already own any of the components and will be buying everything new, I would suggest going with a Haswell processor and motherboard. They are the latest components, will be the easiest to find and you will find more active users on the forum to seek advice from if you need help.

If I had to build a new machine today with similar specs to my current build, I would start with a Haswell processor and Gigabyte motherboard. Using a Gigabyte motherboard will offer the advantages of no need for UEFI patching and less need for a DSDT. With that in mind these are what I would pick:

Intel Core i7-4770K Processor
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CO8TBQ0

Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H motherboard
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CU4L4XG

As Stork mentioned, be sure your chosen power supply is Haswell compatible due to the reasons he explained.

Thank you very much!!! I will use a haswell processor an motherboard and compatible psu . Really thankful that you guys are helping me out! Loginfailed can I still follow your istructions with an haswell build? Thank you once again:p

The process will be similar. If you use a Gigabyte motherboard you will skip step #2 and if you aren't using HDMI audio you may not need step #5. Options in step #6 will be different. Steps 8 through 14, I'm not really sure on since I haven't built a haswell machine yet but I'm sure its easy enough.

If you run into any trouble just search on the forum because most of the questions that come up have already been answered in most cases. If you're still stuck, start a thread for help. Be sure to fill in your profile completely with all of you're components used in the build so that people answering your questions know what you're working with.

Good luck and happy building!

PS: I suggest taking a look at Tonymacx86's build. He is not using an external graphics card but you could follow that build and just add a supported card if you wanted:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...ell-matx-ga-z87mx-d3h-i7-4770k-hd-4600-a.html

Hello! I have a problem ...

I follow the tutorial and everything works fine, however, when I restart the computer nothing works anymore and have to re-run MultiBeast to get it working again.

Any solution?

thank you very much

My computer:

Intel Core i5-3550
Asus P8Z77-m
Geforce GTX650 2GB

Thanks!

This goes to boot in verbose mode

Attached Image

Attachments

• WP_20140331_004.jpg
    WP_20140331_004.jpg
    992.2 KB · Views: 125
@Loginfailed

Thanks for great guide.

Are you still on Maverick?
When I tried to edit IOPlatform and AGPM for my card, and smbios, it will cause panic with edited kext on Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back