Contribute
Register

Loginfailed's Build - i7-3770k / GA-Z77-DS3H / 16GB RAM / 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just a few questions about this build. Do the green audio ports work on this motherboard or do you have to use the black and orange ports like the UD5H model? Also are you able to watch iTunes movies in HD or do you see a scrambled image? Thanks.

Green port works. iTunes plays in HD no problem.

Thank you for the guide Loginfailed. One question though? which board version and revision are you using? Are you using Rev. 1 or 1.1? Thank you!

Rev 1.0

Hi there. I also own this board and just recently (last weekend) finally found time to assemble and get to work. Only thing that does work is the USB 3.0 support. Are you using any special kext for this or just the ML 10.8.2 installation support for that (if there is, which I dont know) ?

regards
Manfredo

My USB 3.0 only works in Windows. I don't own any USB 3.0 devices though. I borrowed a drive from a friend to test it.

There may be a kext that makes USB 3.0 work in ML, but have haven't looked into it much since I don't have any devices that require it.

having almost the same rig i run into some problems during install.
i guess it is connected to the 10.8.2 install files i´m using (bought the ml update just recently).

so one should check posts about the 10.8.2 update, especially about smc and VT-d.

system is running fine now ;)

Hello Loginfailed,

What is (was) the version of the Bios?

I had a lot of problem with the F9, so i downgrade to F6 to try to have good results.

I have built two machines with the board in this guide. Both have issues with USB 2.0 transfer speed. Speed is okay when copying from, for example, a flash drive to the machine. However, speed is very slow when copy from the machine to flash drive. Anyone else have this issue? Or, does anyone have a suggestion for a fix?

Hello Loginfailed,

What is (was) the version of the Bios?

I had a lot of problem with the F9, so i downgrade to F6 to try to have good results.

I'm building a new machine right now using some parts from this build. Since it is not currently assembled, I can't check what bios version it is. If my memory serves me correctly, it is version F8.

I have built two machines with the board in this guide. Both have issues with USB 2.0 transfer speed. Speed is okay when copying from, for example, a flash drive to the machine. However, speed is very slow when copy from the machine to flash drive. Anyone else have this issue? Or, does anyone have a suggestion for a fix?

I don't do a lot of copying to USB storage devices. I would offer to test it, but right now I've disassembled the machine because I'm rebuilding into a smaller case with an ITX motherboard.

Hi Loginfailed.

I am currently in process of collecting components for my build, but I have big doubts about motherboard.

This is my current list of components:
- Intel i5 3570k
- 1x 4GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz
- Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
- 600W Corsair
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB, SATA 3, 64Mb Cache

I dont know all Gigabyte mb available, so I always get in thinking that I could take better mb for similar money amount. Please let me know am I taking good mb, or should I get something else. I am building Hackintosh for 1st time, so every advice is precious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back