Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from MBP 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

It just so happens that I got my new card today just as these new drivers became available. I'm trying to replace my 9500GT with a GB "Batmobile" HD5770.

Tried the new kext method and with all the settings specified plus a number of other bootloader/settings combinations when that didn't work. All I get is a black screen instead of the desktop after the gray apple boot screen. The os is loaded because keyboard commands will eject the drive and such. I just can see it.

I've also tried going back and using the old method with the ATI bootloader and original kext with no dice. Same result.

Any ideas?

TNX @NotShy, works!!!, i have a ASUS EAH5770 CUcore, works great, i ready have two monitors working great!!!

only have a 24.73fps with cinebench, how i get more fps?

and i delete arch=i386 from boot.plist and works!!! ufff!!!

spects:
GA-EP35C-DSL3R
6BG Ram
EAH5770 CUcore
DSDT.aml (unpached)

I've restored my system to using GraphicsEnabler and the original ATI kexts. Now I'm able to launch these games again. Can anyone else confirm this problem, or is it just me?

Thanks, NotShy. :)

Working with the XFX 6850 that I've just purchased (to replace the freezing Gigabyte GTX 460) :

MacOSX1067-XFX6850.png

Only qualm is that the fan (of the 6850) seems to be spinning at full blast once I'm in the desktop.

Burninator said:
I've restored my system to using GraphicsEnabler and the original ATI kexts. Now I'm able to launch these games again. Can anyone else confirm this problem, or is it just me?

First post ... :)
I don't have these games, but I can confirm that Geekbench is broken (doesn't laucnh at all).

(Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB)

All I can say is that somehow my Mini-DP port now no-longer works. When I attach a DVI screen I do see that OSX has detected it it just does not turn it on. I was already in the process of replacing my Video card with a ASUS 5870 since I ordered a DVI-to-MiniDP converter so I will post later today (once I picked it up) if my 27" ACD will work with this solution.

Burninator said:

I don't go gaming in OSX but I'll do some testing tonight.

Hi :)
I tried on my system, running XFX 5770.
It works, but no display on the screen running over DP (not mini, regular DP to DP)
I really need all 3 monitors, so I hope I can get the drivers back now :)

Edit:
I got it back working :D
At least I got updated chameleon from r700 to r748

Burninator said:

Ditto with Half-Life, Left for Dead and Team Fortress 2 :(

Time to go back to GraphicsEnabler with previous ATI kexts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back