[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from MBP 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

NurkJon said:
jpa said:
NurkJon said:
So 6950 does not work?

I'm planning on building a new system using P67 and i7 2600K, my original plan were to use 6950 for it's performance and support of 4 monitors but right now 6870 seems like a wiser choice.

Have anyone used 6870 with 4 monitors under OS X, did it work and if so did it work well?

Does it matter which 6870 I use or will anyone be fine? I was thinking of Sapphire Radeon HD6870 (11179-00) http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentatio ... 01&pid=981 since it is the cheapest 6870 in Sweden and it also fits best in my build (blue PCB and the theme for my build is supposed to be blue and black).

I'm asking here since the people reading this thread are likely to have experience with the GPU I want to use.

the Sapphire Radeon 6870 in cinebech is 37 fps ;)
Have you tried using it with 4 monitors? That's really important for me.
Edit: Stupid me somehow missed your photo. So did you just use 2 dvi monitors and two displayport monitors or did you use vga/active dvi adapters?

I've also been considering trying to buy a used 6950 and flash it to a 6970, will probably avoid buying a new one since some newer ones have had problems with memory frying when flashing it (due to the higher voltage), I don't if I maybe could lower the voltage and use it with a newer 6950. But I want everything to work flawlessly.

varios monitors works in:

XFX HD-687A-ZNBC Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814150507

QE/CI All Monitors should now be working, MiniDP to DVI garbled. Unplug and Replug any adapters to resolve at this boot.

User post
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... &p=1655539

enjoy

Based on the captured image, this looks system profiler will now see as generic ATI Radeon 5000 and device ID will determine the specific 5770, 5730 model?

Is it also possible to install it on 10.6.6?

timy-t said:
Is it also possible to install it on 10.6.6?

Why not update to 10.6.7?

I follow your guide in a clean install for my notebook n61jq with ati5730 hd and don´t work
:banghead:

In a moment of serendipity, my 6850 showed up today. However, I've followed the instructions and I can boot cleanly at various resolutions but not 1920x1200.. and I get no QE/CI. Any suggestions?

Can somebody please explain why I get a frog image with the text : "domain unregistered bit.ly imageshack-domain" under it?

Thanks!

Hiya,

Followed the instructions, and it worked.

Thank you Notshy :clap: :headbang: :clap:

so why does this break geekbench and iDVD? and is there any way to sort it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back