[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from MBP 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

tworems said:
notshy said:
You should MATCH the DSDT you use your your bios version

So FF DSDT with FF BIOS etc.

Sure. Sorry I didn't express myself correctly.

What I meant was I was using FE DSDT and FE BIOS and was getting benchmarks penalty. I verified it by removing the FE DSDT, living my machine without any DSDT and I got a good bump on benchmarks. Then I upgraded to FF BIOS and installed FF DSDT, my benchmarks where the same as when no DSDT with FE BIOS.
Sounds like you don't have your BIOS configured correctly.

Remember after each BIOS change you need to reconfigure all CPU features from Auto to Enabled.

Can anyone confirm a 6970 to work? I tried my flashed 6950 (6970) and OS X installs perfectly fine but I cannot get it to support natively. I haven't tried adding my device ID though. How do you go about doing that?

Aznboy1993 said:
Can anyone confirm a 6970 to work? I tried my flashed 6950 (6970) and OS X installs perfectly fine but I cannot get it to support natively. I haven't tried adding my device ID though. How do you go about doing that?

I do not think the 6970 is supported

There's some work going on in the backgrounds with these new kexts to try and get them fully working without the need for GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

It may be a couple of weeks but I'll keep you posted.

notshy said:
There's some work going on in the backgrounds with these new kexts to try and get them fully working without the need for GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

It may be a couple of weeks but I'll keep you posted.
I'm sure you will do it guys :)

How do I reverse this?
I have the ATi Backup folder can I just drop everything onto Kextbeast to return to the way it was.

Reason I need to go back - have just discovered that with the new drivers Word 2011 does not display colours for fonts in the dropdowns and I need this.

Tried just changing my com.apple.Boot.plist to Graphicsenabler=yes but my card still shows up as HD 5000 in System Profiler so I thought I would try and put the old drivers back

the_gael said:
How do I reverse this?
I have the ATi Backup folder can I just drop everything onto Kextbeast to return to the way it was.

Reason I need to go back - have just discovered that with the new drivers Word 2011 does not display colours for fonts in the dropdowns and I need this.

Tried just changing my com.apple.Boot.plist to Graphicsenabler=yes but my card still shows up as HD 5000 in System Profiler so I thought I would try and put the old drivers back
Delete the current ATI/Radion kexts in (S/L/E) and put the content of (ATI Backup) instead, then run system utilities in MB and reboot. BUT my advice depending on self experience, do that in safe mode (-x).

Post your results and any problems you find.

grafixidea said:
the_gael said:
How do I reverse this?

Delete the current ATI/Radion kexts in (S/L/E) and put the content of (ATI Backup) instead, then run system utilities in MB and reboot. BUT my advice depending on self experience, do that in safe mode (-x).

Post your results and any problems you find.

Thanks - had a go at that - booted into safe mode
deleted the ATiRadeon kexts - replaced them with the backup ones ran sys utilities from MB 3.4.0.

Rebooted and only had 1280 x 760 - graphicsenabler=yes

have now re-installed the 10.6.7 drivers and have all my resolutions back

will try later - might be an issue with my machine as I have my user home on a different drive and just the system on my boot drive (SSD)

the_gael said:
I have my user home on a different drive and just the system on my boot drive (SSD)
I'm the same, you may deleted wrong kext with the others. I did something to know which ones are inserted by MB 3.4, I checked the created (or modified) date (don't remember) and selected all the ATI/Radion with the same date. Post updates when you have any.

[HINT]
It will be great if Tonymac or any of the great MB developers add this feature, if applicable): To add colored labels to the inserted ATI kexts, so it will be easy to locate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back