Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Loader stuck at "AppleNVMe Assert Failed". First hackintosh attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using your modified EFI folder, I made a few more attempts, still not working. We may have made some progress though. Since you mentioned it was most likely graphics related, I started messing around with those settings. By enabling "Above 4G Decoding" and "IGPU Multi-Monitor" I no longer see the nvram error, however the install still hangs. I can't find an error message in the most recent screen shot of where it stops. Maybe you can?

I've attached an image of all 4 settings that seem to be graphics related. If I disable "Above 4G Decoding" or "IGPU Multi-Monitor", I get the nvram error again. The other settings don't seem to have an effect.

The output on the motherboard is HDMI, which is plugged into my monitor using an HDMI cable into an HDMI port.
Verbose is still suggestive of Graphics related Freeze.
Since I have never seen AsRock MoBo, I don't really have hands-on experience using or troubleshooting Hackintosh on that board.
Do you think CSM Disabled can have any effect on the Install.
I cannot think of anything in CLOVER to make progress.
Your Monitor connection OK; or you may try DP instead of HDMI.
I will be interested to see your successful installation.

I thought I would try one last thing to see if anything changes... I installed my Radeon VII video card, and used the display port from that during the installation. I didn't change anything in the clover EFI. I'm still getting the same message - even though the installer was not using the integrated graphics. Are we sure that is the problem?

I thought I would try one last thing to see if anything changes... I installed my Radeon VII video card, and used the display port from that during the installation. I didn't change anything in the clover EFI. I'm still getting the same message - even though the installer was not using the integrated graphics. Are we sure that is the problem?

• As I said before, in the current Verbose screen you had uploaded before, there was no clue pinpointing the exact cause for the freeze.
  • The stage of Verbose boot is where the Video Card has to be loaded and Display taken over by that chosen Graphics. That is an indirect clue to Graphics problem when it ends at [PCI config..... [see image]

• When you changed the Graphics from IGFX to PCIE, did you change BIOS_ Initial Display to PCIE or is still IGFX?
    • In most Motherboard BIOS when you choose IGFX you have to choose DVMT Pre-allocated Memory of at least 64 MB. I don't know if your As Rock has that option.
  • Only other suggestion in CLOVER/config.plist_SMBIOS is changing SMBIOS to a different iMac like 14, 2 you had at the very beginning.
  • Your CPU should be good for iMac18, 1 to 18, 3.
  • iMac14, 2 is a usually chosen 'safer' SMBIOS Mac Model.

Attachments

• PCI Config.png
    PCI Config.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 401
If you're installing 10.14.2 or 10.14.3, note that the USB port limit patch in your config.plist is not correct. Try this one:

Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find* [HEX]: 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00
Replace *[HEX]: 83FB0F90 90909090 90
Comment: Remove USB port limit in 10.14.1+ by PMHeart
MatchOS: 10.14

Whether or not this gets you beyond the current freeze-point, this should be used in order to prevent another problem.

Also, are you installing to the Samsung 970 EVO (not the 860 SATA)? If so, is it the newer 970 EVO Plus model or previous 970 EVO (no Plus in the name)?

Update:

I found a thread where two users were reporting that they got their Hack working with my motherboard:

One of them was kind enough to share his Clover settings, and boom, I'm in!

On a side note - I actually installed macOS using my Radeon VII, and it worked fine. Obviously there is no acceleration, and macOS detects it as a Vega64, but at least it's outputting display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back