Contribute
Register

List of graphics cards that support Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally upgraded to mojave yesterday and discovered my GTX 960 which worked under high sierra had no acceleration and final cut pro refused to launch, as was the case with motion. So i ventured here, saw this thread, and decided to test a few of the graphics cards i had laying around. Here are the results:

CONFIRMED: nvidia Geforce GT 710 1GB or 2GB/DDR3 (MSI) is working out of box WITH hardware accceleration.
CONFIRMED: nvidia Geforce GT 710 1Gb or 2GB/DDR5 (MSI) is working out of box WITHOUT hardware acceleration.
CONFIRMED: nvidia Geforce GTX 960 2GB (ASUS) is working WITHOUT hardware acceleration
CONFIRMED: nvidia Geforce GTX 650 TI 1Gb (MSI) is working WITH hardware acceleration
CONFIRMED: nvidia Geforce GTX 760 (GIGABYTE) is working WITH hardware acceleration
CONFIRMED: nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (MSI) is working WITHOUT hardware acceleration
CONFIRMED: nvidia Geforce GT 1030 2Gb DDR3 (MSI) is working WITHOUT hardware acceleration

CONFIRMED: AMD RX 570 4Gb (MSI ARMAR OC) is working WITH hardware acceleration
CONFIRMED: AMD RX 570 8Gb (GIGABYTE GAMING X OC) is working WITH hardware acceleration
CONFIRMED: AMD RX 5700XT 8Gb (SAPPHIRE RADEON MSI) is working WITHOUT hardware acceleration

Posted this because i saw no reply (or i missed it) for the GT710 ddr3 vs ddr5 question...

EDIT: every time i tested a card i did a reinstall of mojave 10.14.6 onto a formatted SSD from scratch. I did not simply bang a gpu in to see what would happen....
Hi, I have MSI GTX 650 Ti. Is this a list that Mojave natively supported cards or we should still install Nvidia Alternate Drivers?

Thanks.

I'm hacking a 2014 Acer TC-605 EB1H and it looks like the 2GB Radeon R7 240 isn't supported on Mojave. I'd go to Sierra/HS if I could but my development work needs latest OS and XCode, so I'm stuck with Mojave for now. I will probably have to upgrade to Catalina sooner rather than later. Everything works well in Mojave except for the graphics acceleration. I've already upgraded to 16GB DDR3 and a 500GB SSD, and added a USB audio card.

I'm not a gamer (at least not until Flight Sim 2020 comes out) so I'm not too worried about gaming performance for now. I'll get a much better card when the sim is released. So for now, what is considered the best LOW-POWER (sticking with stock 300W power supply for now as well) card for reasonable performance and metal compatability?

Thanks.

I've had no problems with a Sapphire Pulse RX570 4 GB running Mojave

I'm hacking a 2014 Acer TC-605 EB1H and it looks like the 2GB Radeon R7 240 isn't supported on Mojave. I'd go to Sierra/HS if I could but my development work needs latest OS and XCode, so I'm stuck with Mojave for now. I will probably have to upgrade to Catalina sooner rather than later. Everything works well in Mojave except for the graphics acceleration. I've already upgraded to 16GB DDR3 and a 500GB SSD, and added a USB audio card.

I'm not a gamer (at least not until Flight Sim 2020 comes out) so I'm not too worried about gaming performance for now. I'll get a much better card when the sim is released. So for now, what is considered the best LOW-POWER (sticking with stock 300W power supply for now as well) card for reasonable performance and metal compatability?

Thanks.

RX 560 but not XFX brand. 75 watt power draw no 6-8 pin power needed.

Needs power connector(s).
Thanks. OK, so maybe I'll just low-end it for now (GT 710 2GB DDR3) and get a much better one when I do my major upgrade. Does anyone have a brand preference for GT 710? I've been looking at the Zotac one on Amazon.

Thanks. OK, so maybe I'll just low-end it for now (GT 710 2GB DDR3) and get a much better one when I do my major upgrade. Does anyone have a brand preference for GT 710? I've been looking at the Zotac one on Amazon.

I can confirm MSI ddr3 model works in Mojave and Catalina.

Your HD 4600 graphics probably have more performance than the GT710. If you can find a used RX 460 around $50 it is about equal in performance to a R9 270x.

I'm not sure which HD 4600 you're referring to. The on-board HDMI port is covered with tape. Are you thinking that it is usable if I remove the R7 240? Also, is the RX 460 still low-power?

I'm not sure which HD 4600 you're referring to. The on-board HDMI port is covered with tape. Are you thinking that it is usable if I remove the R7 240? Also, is the RX 460 still low-power?

Yes the RX 460 and 560 are low power and only use the pcie slot power.

Doesn’t your i5 have IGPU? Check your bios for the IGPU option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back