Contribute
Register

List of graphics cards that support Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD RX Radeon RX 550: 3443
Note that some RX 550s work and many of them don't. The ones that have an RX 560 Polaris Graphics core work and older ones with the 550 Lexa core will not work.

i now have a really annoying issue with a mojave install using a gt710 2Gb/ddr3 where i disable vesa, system resets halfway through boot. no matter what flag i use the system wont boot unless its in vesa mode. (gpu is pci-e and is brand new)

its an older MSI board with a generation 1 core i7 on it & 32gb ram, and has no uefi only works off legacy boot. That shouldn't matter though, should it?

note: using multibeast for post install, whatevergreen seems to have no effect. disabling all graphics injection options also results in reset

i now have a really annoying issue with a mojave install using a gt710 2Gb/ddr3 where i disable vesa, system resets halfway through boot. no matter what flag i use the system wont boot unless its in vesa mode. (gpu is pci-e and is brand new)

its an older MSI board with a generation 1 core i7 on it & 32gb ram, and has no uefi only works off legacy boot. That shouldn't matter though, should it?

note: using multibeast for post install, whatevergreen seems to have no effect. disabling all graphics injection options also results in reset

PROBLEM FOUND. The screens i was connecting to were TV's (it's an editing studio) and both of them only had HDMI 1.0 on them. 2.0 or higher is required...

I can confirm MSI Radeon RX 560 4GB works OOB in MacOS Mojave 10.14.0. to 10.14.2 in my System with the latest Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other with NO config.plist _Devices or Graphics editing.

I actually just purchased this card. I'm having issues trying to get dual monitors going using the DVI and HDMI ports.

I have Lilu and Evergreen kexts installed. I can o0nly get the DVI to work after putting the system to sleep and then waking. After that it works okay.

I've tried this in both OSX 10.13.6 and 10.14.6 with the same results. 10.14.6 is a little more glitchy. When OSX first launches I get a flashing black screen on one display, and glitchy graphics on the other. Putting to sleep and waking fixes both of these issues.

My question is, are you using dual monitors, and if so, which ports are working for you? I'm thinking about getting a Display Port to DVI adapter to see if the DVI port is the issue.

I am currently running intel's onboard UHD 630 graphics with Mojave 10.14.6. What would be a good OOB upgrade for say less than $150? UHD 630 graphics benchmark is 1536.

I went with the Saphire RX580. Got it on newegg for $175. I am having one issue though. The clover bootscreen doesn't display. The monitors stay off. I have to hit enter on the keyboard a couple times, then it will boot into MacOS and the monitors turn on. Is this a bios issue?

Nevermind. I just needed to set the inital display output to PCIe 1 instead of IGFX. So with just that one setting the Sapphire RX580 Pulse worked OOB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back