Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can send me the kext file? or can u teach me where to look for my deviceID n edit the kext? Newbie here try to install Mountain Lion. Having problem to update to 10.8.3

Team , perhaps you can advise? I must be overlooking something.

I have only the Sapphire HD7850, the Dual-X 11200-07-20G (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MJHSFG/), no other graphics.

I have installed the 2 custum (Keegrom and hazemhazoom) Kext hacks. When I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No i indeed get the white screen, which is seems to be the expected behaviour. Then I sleep the system using the power button and this works fine.
When i click the mouse or keyboard the system wakes up (hear the disk start spinning etc) but the screen remains black.

Is this because I have only this 7850 installed and no additional supported Graphics Card?

regards, TonyPeperoni
p.s. I used to run an older NVidea Card in this install before the card broke down and before I upgraded to 10.8.3
I think most people use both the IGFX and their AMD card to get their system to work, if they are fortunate to have that option. I do not have the option, like you, but fortunately had an older nvidia gtx 460 card that I used to boot in to OS X and then used the fb-rotate trick. I don't know how else to get it to work with just an AMD card if the sleep trick is not working. Make sure to use the DVI or HDMI port.

SUCCESS:

View attachment 49975

View attachment 49976

Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB GDDR5 DVI-I/HDMI/2x mini-Displayport PCI-Express 3.0 Graphic Card GV-R785OC-2GD

Device ID hack is enough. :) Thanks for those that reply.

Could you please kindly tell me step by step what you did to get it to work :( I'm a noob kindly bare with me...

Thank you

I have a Sapphire 7850 1GB

The device ID is 1002-6819 so that should be 0x68191002 in the kexts correct?

I've got a pretty standard board and everything was working on 10.8.2 with windows 8 on a second hard drive. Chameleon boots via the MAC drive and properly shows both mac and windows installs.

So, first:

1. Upgraded from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3

2. Reinstalled Multibeast.

3. Updated Chameleon using chameleon wizard to the latest version. All is working at this point from what I could see.

4. installed modded Kexts.

5. Set IGFX to disable, also set as initialize IGFX first (so weird).

6. Installed 7850, booted till I got to the white screen. I could see the bootloader and everything up to that point.

Next I attempted to sleep... it goes dead.. then when it wakes I get a black screen with no display at all.

I once got a frozen image of my login screen after 15 minutes but it stayed frozen.

At this point I removed the 7850 and reset my bios back to a working profile and decided to check if sleep still works.

It doesn't! When I try to sleep it goes to a white screen but stays on, hitting sleep immediately returns to a normal screen.
I'm also wondering if maybe I need to have a user log directly to the desktop and not the login screen.. is that the case for anybody?

Additionally I have my resolution set to 1920x1080 in chameleon as well as PCIroot=1

Questions:

1. Do I need to use sleepenabler from https://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/ ?
My board: GA-Z77N-WIFI previously did not need it but maybe now with 10.8.3 it does?

2. Anyone else have a Sapphire 7850 1GB have this issue?

3. Am I even going about this right?

This is similar behavior to what tonypepperoni is seeing.

Just wanted to post about my specific card. I didn't see anyone else with this exact card. I used hazemhazoom's kext files and my card worked perfectly.

I have a asrock z77 extreme4 mother board. I had to set the primary graphics to my onboard in order to be able to boot properly.

The video card I have is
HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406 )

works, but had to boot with Integrated HD4000 first and set GraphicsEnabler to No in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. A white screen appeared on next reboot, did the sleep power off/on method to move on and works. I hope the white screen method is figured out though because power button is under desk and have to duck under each time system reboots or I switch between Windows7 and ML.

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 OC 1050MHZ 1GB 4.5GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI 2XMINIDP PCI-E Video Card

Device ID - 1002-683D

jangaboo,

I got the same card as you, but not the same MB. I have a gb-z77x-ud5h, and I'm using clover. Have you tried this method in clover? I cannot seem to get it to work. Instead, I get white screen then 3 seconds later a reboot. Interestingly, if I set my internal gfx to disable and set primary boot to IGFX, the next time I boot it sets itself back to "AUTO". I've not been able to get my hack to boot with the 7770. I'm going to try chimera when I get home, maybe clover is the issue? Anyone got any suggestions, though? I'm baffled.

EDIT: Duh me... had to delete my GraphicsSensors.kext, now it works with the rotation script. There are limitations it seems. If I plug in HDMI, I get an unresponsive mirror image on the HDMI's out. Meaning, I can see the desktop, move the mouse, but not click anything. Perhaps another run of the rotation script is in order?

Not working now:
-HDMI output (works but unresponsive desktop)
-Only OpenGL 1.X/2 seem to work

This leads me to think that I may be missing something. Anyone got any insight? (I'll re-read the thread as well)

Mine, Sapphire HD 7750 Ultimate, not work :(. Anyone tell me how to make it work or give me kext for this VGA ?

HD7750_Ultimate_C03.jpg

Type: 7750
Brand: Sapphire
Model: Sapphire HD 7750 Ultimate
Device ID: 0x683F1002

I realize I may be a bit late to this party, but wanted to add that that the Sapphire 7750 Ultimate worked for me out of the box with an Asus P8Z77M Pro. I had to set primary graphics to igpu and disable the function that allows igpu and pcie to work together in the UEFI. I cannot get to the UEFI anymore so before changing the settings you should get all your overclocking and hot swapping settings correct. However, I do not have a white screen and do not need the fb rotate or sleep trick. After pushing the power button the first thing I see on my screen is the OSX desktop opening. I use quiet boot and have no OSX password. Feel free to add this card to the growing list. Not a great gaming card but for HTPC use or people like me who do not game but want a silent machine it is better than the passive Zotac GT640 Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back