Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type: 7870 (GHz Edition)
Brand: XFX
Model: FX-787A-CN
Device ID: 0x68181002
Status: Working, But needed to Delete and Reinstall Certain Kexts

What I had to do in order to get this card working is as follows.

Firstly, I had to use my integrated graphics to use the system.

After the installation was complete, I had to boot into my main drive using "GraphicsEnabler=No -x"

Then, I had to go into /'System/Library/Extensions/ and delete the following kexts:

Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 7.11.14 PM.jpg

Then I had to reboot using the same boot flags as before.

I then had to Download Kextbeast, and reinstall the following kexts:

Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 7.09.48 PM.png

I left these kexts deleted:

Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 7.09.16 PM.jpg

I then used Multibeast and installed what I needed to for my system specifically to work. I then shut down the system fully. I took my HDMI cable out of my mobo and plugged it into my 7870. I powered up the system, and while I did not see the boot process, within 20 seconds, I was booted into my desktop. My GPU is now fully working. I still have to use the "GraphicsEnabler=No" bootflag, though.

How are people finding the latest version of Chimera with your cards?

"It means that you'll see proper system information for AMD 7xxx such as 7970 instead of 7xxx in System Profiler. You can also use AtiConfig and AtiPorts flags with 7xxx framebuffer definitions. The garbled boot issue with larger vBIOS on these cards remains... best bet still is to use integrated graphics if possible as your 1st priority." -tonymacx86

I need help for fix my problems with init Black or Grey screen and minor problems with graphics on Anno 1404 Game Port and Complete freeze system with Unigine Heave and Valley.

Hello. I am now with my Ati Dell Reference Card Hd7950 working in Mountain Lion 10.8.4.

My Motherboard is Asrock P67 Extreme 4 B3 with lastest modify bios 3.10.

Is not possible use Onboard Vga with P67 motherboards, but my ati Hd9750 works with Chamaleon boots and with Chimeras, 2.0, 2.0.1 and now with new Chimera Versions and Chamaleon Versions.

Works with Graphices Enabler Yes and Graphics Enabler No.

I put Graphics Enabler No, Init with Grey Screen, need press power button for sleep and next, press button again for out sleep and work good. In Information System tool say: HD7XXX

I put Graphics Enabler Yes, Init with Black Screen, need press power button for sleep and next, press button again for out slepp and work good. IN INFORMATION SYSTEM TOOL SAY: HD7950 . COMPLETE DETECT.

I have use patched bios for my Asrok P67 Extreme 4 B3, and I have create and complete Edit and free for errors my DSDT for this 3.10 Patched version Bios.

I NOT USE CLOVER, CLOVER NO WORK FOR ME. I have a strange instalation. Two Hard Disks. In small and Secondary Hard Disk, I have a Mac format two Partitions and Mountain Lion 10.8.4

In Big Hard Disk, a Seagate 1 Tb, I have a complicate Mbr format Partition. 3 Windows Partitions and 2 Mac Partitions, ( I have patched Unibeast Install with Mbr patch), and 10.8.4 Mountain Lion install.

For boot repeat, I use Chimera Boots or Chamaleon revisions from Chamaleon Wizard App.

NEXT, MY PROBLEMS WITH MY DELL AMD REFERENCE PCB HD7950 CARD

Anno 1404 Port Game, working for me, but have a strange scroll screen flick, when move mouse up or down in terrain zone or buildings zone.

Novabench, Xbench and Luxmark work fine without problems.

BUT Unigine Heaven last version or Unigine Valley, complete freeze and block system when I try use it. Need power off computer.

I check Open Cl and it works, but native drivers no work fine for me in Unigine and in any flick problem Graphics on Port Game Ano 1404.

Any idea for fix this problems?.

Greetings and thanks for attention. I attach Image from my Information system Tool with complete detect my Hd7950.

Attachments

• Hd7950CompleteDetect10.8.4.jpg
    Hd7950CompleteDetect10.8.4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 180
CONFIRMED:

R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE
z77x-ud5h

10.8.4 Chimera 2.1.1

No white screen issue. 100% working! Full acceleration, OpenCL, OpenGL!

Please add this bad boy GPU to the list!

Cheers,
Alex

CONFIRMED: R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE z77x-ud5h 10.8.4 Chimera 2.1.1 No white screen issue. 100% working! Full acceleration, OpenCL, OpenGL! Please add this bad boy GPU to the list! Cheers, Alex
Did you install any kexts and do you use another GPU ? Please someone tell how to install AMD 7000 Series with 10.8.4 and Chimera 2.1.1

Any luck? I have the xfx 7850 as well that I got as a replacement from them as my original card is no longer being made.

Hi! :)
I'm confused at all(maybe because my english is not great :/ ) I have Gigabyte HD 7950 and i don't know whether sell this and buy GTX7xx or leave this. So i have a question: Can this be used in some way without sleep trick? Like GTXs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back