Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the card from here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...xx-graphics-testing-thread-24.html#post579428
Whenever I come across a working card that I haven't added yet, I add it. I get a lot from that thread and this one, which is why there are more in the list than are posted in this thread.

And yes, you are correct in saying that since the Device ID is already in that list, the card will work out of the box.

The device ID thing is just to clarify which IDs in the kext correspond to which kind of card.
In this case, see how the list currently only says HD 7800 next to the ID 0x679E1002? That means we know that ID belongs to some kind of 7800 card, but not specifically which one (and it's not a 7850 because 7850s need a kext hack). Because of dollyriva's post, we now know that it's the 7870 Tahiti LE-based card. Looking back, I really could have phrased it better... (EDIT: Fixed.)

On another note, may I add a link in the main list to your post about the login script to automatically run dwbr's screen rotating trick?

HIS HD 7950 IceQ Turbo 3GB still not working :/

HIS 7950 IceQ Turbo 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP
Radeon HD 7950 PCIe Series
Memory Size (MB) 3072
Device ID:1002-679A

any idea how to enable ?

As expected, my Gigabyte HD 7850 OC 1GB is working great with the modded kexts.

The OP lists the 2GB version as working, so if you want to update with the 1GB model, feel free to do it.

It's just so great to see my hackintosh taking shape now, I'm still a newbie at this.

EDIT- BTW, its working with "GraphicsEnabler=No" during boot and I need to do the sleep trick.

Hi there,

i thinks this specific model (only 1 DP instead of the usual 2 miniDP) was not mentioned, but it works in my Hack:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1841&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

Sapphire HD7950 3G GDDR5 PCI-E DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP With Boost
PN: 299-1E249-100SA
SKU: 11196-19-20G
Device ID:1002-679A

I'm using framebuffer Futomaki, DVI-I is working also DVI-D works and HDMI (single monitor, sorry)
DP was also working, using passive Adapter DP->HDMI (no native DP on my monitor).

Was a nice deal, can't resist. :)

Bye

Thanks Keegrom!!! Your kexts is working perfectly even for 1GB RAM model.

XFX AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2Mini DisplayPort
Type: 7850 (not overclocked)
Brand: XFX
Model: FX-785A-ZNFC
Device ID: 0x68191002
Status: My XFX AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB is working great with the modded kexts. I'm using Sleep & Go method.

Glad I could help,
hazeemhazoom was the one who put me on the right track for this.
I hope Apple will integrate it in the official future releases or we'll have to publish edited kext again and again ...

It should work with any Radeon 7850HD between 1Gb and 3Gb, OC version or no.
HDMI, DVI all good !
I haven't tried DP port and I do not have HDMI audio fixed for this card, but sounds goes thru Airplay so no big deal for me.
it seems to me that the speed reported by OSX is the factory speed of my card. So overclocking the GPU is only on the Windows world for me.
No sleep/wake trick for me since I have the Intel HD4000 still activated.

Hi guys,

Currently I have a HIS 7870 Gigahertz edition card at stock clocks that can't boot into OS X (it automatically resets the machine upon bootup; no text, nothing).
I tried using integrated graphics on boot-up however my bios does not have that option. It only allows me to select integrated graphics (Intel HD 4000) or PCIe graphics.
The other option was to boot up with a second ATI card however I have a HD 5570 that probably isn't supported by OS X.
Currently when I have to boot into OS X I have to plug in my UniBeast flash drive for use as a bootloader or else the system will just reset itself. This may be part of my problem though I have updated the flash drive with 10.8.3 recently.

SAPPHIRE HD 7750

1 x Dual-Link DVI
1 x HDMI 1.4a
1 DisplayPort 1.2

hdmi, dvi work (DP not tested)

fbrotate method, no dsdt

7750.png

yesterday I installed 10.8.3

AMD ASUS 7870
i5-3570k
msi z77a-43a

and I found one bug

I can not boot from 7870 because I will get rainbow in my displays
If I boot from Intel HD 4000 all works fine but , I get virtual display "spdisplays_display" (Intel HD 4000)

How I can remove it

tnx

Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 11.32.28 AM.jpg

On another note, may I add a link in the main list to your post about the login script to automatically run dwbr's screen rotating trick?
Sorry to take so long to reply... been away. Sure, feel free to add it. I'd love to see some further responses though - nobody tried any of the debugging steps I suggested, and since I don't have an AMD card (yet?) I can't test this myself. So I don't know for sure that it actually works, though (now that I've read the source of fbrotate) it would be quite astonishing if it didn't. We also don't know if fbrotate really needs to be called twice instead of just once, and we don't know if there's an easier way to reset the video subsystem. Oh, also, if you'd like to actually make the script and the .plist as downloadable files for people, feel free.

You're gonna need to post waaay more than just, "It doesn't work, help!" That doesn't tell us anything. ;)

The basic steps to installing a 7970 are:
  1. Put it in.
  2. Boot. If you get a white screen, do the sleep trick.
  3. If the sleep trick cannot be done, refer to the first post about the white screen issue for a workaround.

If you still have problems after that, please be specific about what happens and where/when it happens so we can help as best we can. :thumbup:

On another note, updated the OP.

Okay I have the Gigabyte GV-R7970OC-3GD (OC) and followed your steps to the "T" as well as another member suggested placing ATI7000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext on the desktop and running KextBeast. I've done both and no dice. I never get a white screen. My system boots flawlessly with the card in but system info says there is no kext loaded and YouTube, Top Sites and wallpaper transitions flicker and and everything lags when those three occurs. When either of those three arent happening all is well.

Edit: Also checked kext to see if device ID was present and it is in both and it was hazemhazoom who suggested the desktop KextBeast trick. (couldnt remember his name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back