Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ,
Is there anyone here knows how can I make the fans of the nitro 5700xt spin from time to time even
when load is very low?
On the windows installation it remains 0db as expected but on the catalina it is spinning from time to time.

Hi ,
Is there anyone here knows how can I make the fans of the nitro 5700xt spin from time to time even
when load is very low?
On the windows installation it remains 0db as expected but on the catalina it is spinning from time to time.

They spin when the card reaches more than 50c Mac OS might be reporting higher temps or the card might actually be running hotter under Mac OS. You might be able to create some kind of power Play table to make it require even higher temperature before the fans spin up but Nitro cards are controlled by the Vbios and not by the OS!

They spin when the card reaches more than 50c Mac OS might be reporting higher temps or the card might actually be running hotter under Mac OS. You might be able to create some kind of power Play table to make it require even higher temperature before the fans spin up but Nitro cards are controlled by the Vbios and not by the OS!
so what is your suggestion? should I flash the vbios? on my own risk of course feel free to advice
but 1 important point - under windows it is true 0db so I am not sure what is happening

so what is your suggestion? should I flash the vbios? on my own risk of course feel free to advice
but 1 important point - under windows it is true 0db so I am not sure what is happening
No fashing the vbios would not help because the only cards that shut off the fans are the ones that the fans are controlled by the Vbios. Saying the fans do not turn on under windows really is not relevant. macOS may run the card just enough more to cause the temperature to run higher. The card was not designed to work under macOS it was designed to work with windows so if it does not function exactly the same that is no surprise.

You may be able to inject a power-play table that tells the fan not to turn on until 60C but you will need to research that.

Another possible option would be to unplug the fan from the video card and plug the fan into the motherboard and use the fan settings in the bios to control the fan curve. IE Fan off till 60C you will need to monitor the fan under mac OS and figure it out from there. Doing this is totally at your own risk.

Another possible option would be to unplug the fan from the video card and plug the fan into the motherboard and use the fan settings in the bios to control the fan curve. IE Fan off till 60C you will need to monitor the fan under mac OS and figure it out from there. Doing this is totally at your own risk.
that is a great idea thanks a lot
but why do i need to monitor the fan under mac os ?
0db until 60 is perfect for me. but why monitor the fan ? or maybe you meant monitor the temp ?

First 10.15.7
Second add boot argument agdpmod=pikera
Third uncheck all graphics inject.

I added 5700xt.plist to my config with hackintool,wow,i got a w5700x 6gb.

Attachments

• 截屏2020-10-31 下午11.12.13.png
    截屏2020-10-31 下午11.12.13.png
    673.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 截屏2020-11-05 下午10.51.55.png
    截屏2020-11-05 下午10.51.55.png
    63 KB · Views: 58
  • 5700xt.plist.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back