Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has to create the hooks to make the sensors work maybe no one has done it for the RX5700. Like I said in my previous post it took a really long time for them to work on the Vega much longer then the RX5700 has been out. mostly in a Idle state with nothing crazy intensive open my card is at 61C now after about 35 mins of being on that would be enough to turn the fans on.
disconnected mine. I cant stand the noise I am psycho.
might be a bit risky when editing video but I think as long it is only some light weight editing it suppose to be ok
but I might be wrong here
by the way as I have already mentioned, under windows it is much much better stays in 0db all the time .
@scottkendall your idea is very good but not sure how can I connect it to the MB.

Last edited:
disconnected mine. I cant stand the noise I am psycho.
might be a bit risky when editing video but I think as long it is only some light weight editing it suppose to be ok
but I might be wrong here
by the way as I have already mentioned, under windows it is much much better stays in 0db all the time .

Ummm sounds risky to me, yes and I already mentioned the card was designed for windows not for Mac so it not functioning as you would like does not surprise.

cant believe I cannot get 0db gpu I thought I am buying this card because it is fully supported .
so disappointed...
Does the box the card came in to say "fully supported by mac OS"? I would wager to say that nowhere does it say it is supported by macOS at all. This is what Saphire says:

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.22.29 AM.png

Fully supported in the Hackintosh world is that the card works, with the native macOS driver. Honestly, it is foolish to think if you're doing video editing that your GPU fan is not going to turn on even in windows. If you want an almost silent video editing machine get yourself a 2018 mac Mini, a Be-quite case, or put the computer in another room.

this is the best thing to do no doubt .
I forgot there is this terminal command that will tell you the temp of the card:

ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back