1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Fully working except for sleep and audio.

GA-P35-DSR3
C2D 2.8
4gb (3 x 2gb) ddr2
IDE DVD-ROM
SATA 1.5 WDC EARS

DSDT from tonymac
Realtek gigabit driver 2.06
Gigabyte SATA off

Everything working, system reports say Intel HD audio but iTunes cannot play any file and there's no volume icon on the menu bar.

Also what's weird is my HDD is seen as external (orange icon). I tried changing it to SATA port 0 to all the other SATA ports but still seen as external.

How can I enable audio? I tired ALCXXX + rollback but it won't work. How can I make OSX see my internal drives as internal and not external?

I know it's an old setup I sourced the MB from ebay for $50, and all other components came from various computers around the house. My goal is to turn this rig into a Lion Server. I have an HP Mediasmart WHS as my NAS / backup server but ever since Lion Time Machine won't work and HP says don't count on an update to enable it back.

bogiedeguia said:
Fully working except for sleep and audio.

GA-P35-DSR3
C2D 2.8
4gb (3 x 2gb) ddr2
IDE DVD-ROM
SATA 1.5 WDC EARS

DSDT from tonymac
Realtek gigabit driver 2.06
Gigabyte SATA off

Everything working, system reports say Intel HD audio but iTunes cannot play any file and there's no volume icon on the menu bar.

Also what's weird is my HDD is seen as external (orange icon). I tried changing it to SATA port 0 to all the other SATA ports but still seen as external.

How can I enable audio? I tired ALCXXX + rollback but it won't work. How can I make OSX see my internal drives as internal and not external?

I know it's an old setup I sourced the MB from ebay for $50, and all other components came from various computers around the house. My goal is to turn this rig into a Lion Server. I have an HP Mediasmart WHS as my NAS / backup server but ever since Lion Time Machine won't work and HP says don't count on an update to enable it back.

Did you ever get this working? I have the same motherboard and would be interested in knowing what Mutibeast options you used.

I have the same Mobo, p35 ds3r with alc 889a and realtek enthernet working.
For Audio I use a DSDT, AppleHDA rollback and alc8xxHDA.
But the lion won't sleep. :banghead:

iGFORC3 said:
I have the same Mobo, p35 ds3r with alc 889a and realtek enthernet working.
For Audio I use a DSDT, AppleHDA rollback and alc8xxHDA.
But the lion won't sleep. :banghead:

iGFORC3, which mobo revision do you have? i have rev 1.0, and i'm having a hard time getting audio to work. any guidance would be appreciated.

I have the rev 2.1. Do you have a DSDT? For mine I used DSDTfixer, in Multibeast I used AppleHDA Rollback and ALC8xxxHDA. That was it :)

iGFORC3 said:
I have the rev 2.1. Do you have a DSDT? For mine I used DSDTfixer, in Multibeast I used AppleHDA Rollback and ALC8xxxHDA. That was it :)

ok, thanks. i tried using the DTST for rev 2.1 that's in the DTST database, but it didn't get the sound working. however, i haven't tried AppleHDA Rollback yet. i thought that was just for OS X 10.6, and i'm on 10.7. i'll try it.

Ben74 said:
iGFORC3 said:

ok, thanks. i tried using the DTST for rev 2.1 that's in the DTST database, but it didn't get the sound working. however, i haven't tried AppleHDA Rollback yet. i thought that was just for OS X 10.6, and i'm on 10.7. i'll try it.

it worked! i used ALC8xxxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback in Multibeast. thanks!

Nice to know that I helped you :)

Does sleep work on your mobo? I tried the sleepenabler but still the same problem, the display turns off but the fans and hdds still rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back