Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi toleda-
I'm seeking some advice. I normally am pretty good about figuring out this stuff on my own, but been struggling now for a few days and i didn't want to bother you, but i'm at my wit's end.

Can you confirm i'm following the guide correctly?
i'm running G41M-ES2L Rev 1.1
Lion 10.7
Trying to get sound out of a Geforce GT 240

I believe edited and successfully complied my DSDT (attached).
I was able to get IOReg to find the info. (attached)
However, the ID's aren't following too closely to the example. Should i be concerned?
(i.e. my device id is e4 0b 00 00 and vendorID is 87 08 ec 10)

another question, the applehda.kext i'm using is 1.7.9. that's the version that allows my internal speakers to work. i tried the edits on 1.7.9 and 2.1.3 but regular motherboard sound doesn't work. Doesn't the motherboard sound need to work before HDAU works? I only really care about the HDMI sound out.

I attached a copy of the applehda.kext i'm using (that's unedited for reference).

thoughts? much appreciated and much thanks in advance.

Attachments

• help.zip
    808.7 KB · Views: 79
pkh106 said:
Hi toleda-
I'm seeking some advice. I normally am pretty good about figuring out this stuff on my own, but been struggling now for a few days and i didn't want to bother you, but i'm at my wit's end.
If you have a 887 on board audio working AppleHDA.kext_v1.7.9, you can add GT 240 HDMI audio with the following edit:
AppleHDA Binary
HexEdit Find: 0a 00 de 10
HexEdit Replace: 0d 00 de 10 (4 times)

YUP! :lol: :lol:
that works, now i have a "SAMSUNG" output under the sound preferences.
but a question though, i can change the volume?
is this a digital output? stereo? 5.1? i expected just a digital line out without the ability to adjust the volume. how did this fix change the .kext?
thanks again.

toleda said:
pkh106 said:
Hi toleda-
If you have a 887 on board audio working AppleHDA.kext_v1.7.9, you can add GT 240 HDMI audio with the following edit:
AppleHDA Binary
HexEdit Replace: 0d 00 de 10 (4 times)

pkh106 said:
is this a digital output? stereo? 5.1? i expected just a digital line out without the ability to adjust the volume. how did this fix change the .kext?
thanks again.
Use the remote for your SAMSUNG to control volume. Thats the way digital audio works; stereo or surround. If you want to control volume from your computer, the only choice is analog stereo speakers. Enjoy.

ok... great, now i goofed something up.
i wanted to take the working hdmi output w/ sound and port it over to a mobo-specific DSDT that had sleep enabled (CMOS reset fix) and i think i messed something up.

The device ID is now different and my PEGP and P0P2 are swapped??

maybe i'm too tired??? ugh... DSDL attached if you have a free minute...

toleda said:
pkh106 said:
thanks again.
Use the remote for your SAMSUNG to control volume. Thats the way digital audio works; stereo or surround. If you want to control volume from your computer, the only choice is analog stereo speakers. Enjoy.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    7.5 KB · Views: 119
pkh106 said:
ok... great, now i goofed something up.
i wanted to take the working hdmi output w/ sound and port it over to a mobo-specific DSDT that had sleep enabled (CMOS reset fix) and i think i messed something up.
[/quote]
The attach dsdt does not have HDMI audio edits.

argh... knew it was something... thanks, i'll revisit.

toleda - just out of curiosity, will the modified AppleHDA work on Snow Leopard too? DSDT work too?

toleda said:
pkh106 said:
thanks again.

pkh106 said:

toleda - just out of curiosity, will the modified AppleHDA work on Snow Leopard too? DSDT work too?
dsdt yes. I have not tested the AppleHDA.kext in SL but I heard from a user that it was working for them in SL. Try it.

toleda- so GT 240, you don't have to touch AppleHDAController Binary Edit at all then?

[/quote]
AppleHDA Binary
HexEdit Replace: 0d 00 de 10 (4 times)[/quote]

argh, 1 error.
this DSDT i have it nearly perfect, sleep is working but i'm trying to patch the HDAU under PCI0 and something is funny... must be missing a bracket??

pkh106 said:

toleda said:
pkh106 said:
thanks again.

Attachments

• dsdt_1.dsl
    21.4 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back