Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
pkid92 said:
Sorry. I accidentally saved the hdmi audio edit file over the edited dsdt. Here they are. Thank you.
Two problems:
1. Missing closing bracket. Add to the end of HDAU and before P0P2 as shown below:
Code:
6725         Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                          DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
6741          }
            }

6744     Device (P0P2)
2. Search/Replace Incomplete
In an earlier post, I asked you to do the following:
"To prepare the dsdt for HDMI audio, make the following edits.

DSDTSE/dsdt.aml
1. Search P0P1
Replace PEGP
2. Search GFX0
Replace IGPU"

Unfortunately, only one instance of each actually changed rather than all instances. The way the command works is you enter both fields, select search and select replace. The editor then goes to the first line in the dsdt if done properly.

Do the above edits again and make sure all instances are changed. One more edit, at line 6706, change IGDU back to GFX0 so the code looks like below:
Code:
6697      Device (PEGP)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x09, 
                    0x05
                })

6706          Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_SUN, One)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                          DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
6723          }
With the changes noted, your dsdt should compile.

I need some help here, i was trying to edit my dsdt, was compiled without problem, but it dont work .... i can't see HDAU, GFX0 etc, on IORegistryExplorer.

My build

Motherboard P8H67
I7
16 GB
GFORCE GTX 560TI

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    44.1 KB · Views: 96
marciobever said:
I need some help here, i was trying to edit my dsdt, was compiled without problem, but it dont work .... i can't see HDAU, GFX0 etc, on IORegistryExplorer.
The edits are buried in the wrong device. Start fresh.
Search PEGP, Delete:
Code:
                Device (PEGP)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0xFFFF)
                }
Search PEG0, Replace PEGP

Search PEGP

Paste the HDMI edit code at Device (PEGP) preserving Method (_PRT,....

I need help. If anyone could help me. First of all, sorry for my english, I'm spanish. After reading the all 34 pages, I can't see my solution.
I'm on a gt9500 and I've done all the process I think correctly, I can compile without problems using the NvidiaGE=Y method because I use this on my chameleon boot.plist. The problem is that in Ioregistryexplorer I can see the "GFX0", but no the "HDAU". My mobo is a gigabyte ga-g31-es2l, and I'm on lion 10.7.3, with audio patched through dsdt, because mine is the problematic alc883. I can see my hdtv perfect through hdmi (without sound) and by vga too (with sound with another audio cable). Even both at the same time using as separate tv.
Who can help me?? Thank you so much in advance.
I attached my ioreg.
Thanks again.
Edit: Add my dsdts

Attachments

• Mac Pro de lolo.ioreg.zip
    344 KB · Views: 75
  • dsdts.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 76
lolorm said:
Who can help me??
Your graphics card does not have an onboard audio codec. You only choice is two wire SPDIF between the motherboard and the graphics card. Audio is provided by the motherboard audio codec. Special AppleHDA edits are required for this to work.

toleda said:
lolorm said:
Who can help me??
Your graphics card does not have an onboard audio codec. You only choice is two wire SPDIF between the motherboard and the graphics card. Audio is provided by the motherboard audio codec. Special AppleHDA edits are required for this to work.

Thank you toleda for your reply. Yes, I got the spdif cable join between the graphics card and the motherboard. In about this mac I can see that I got spdif audio device, but not in audio out options in preferences system. I'm using an adapter for the dvi to hdmi. I think it's the correct adapter, a 24+5 pin, full of pins. My AppleHDA version is 2.0.8a33. Which edits are required for my AppleHDA?

lolorm said:
Thank you toleda for your reply. Yes, I got the spdif cable join between the graphics card and the motherboard. In about this mac I can see that I got spdif audio device, but not in audio out options in preferences system. I'm using an adapter for the dvi to hdmi. I think it's the correct adapter, a 24+5 pin, full of pins. My AppleHDA version is 2.0.8a33. Which edits are required for my AppleHDA?
Audio is not available from the DVI connector. Does your graphics card have an HDMI connector?

toleda said:
lolorm said:
Audio is not available from the DVI connector. Does your graphics card have an HDMI connector?

My graphics has two dvi outs. In one I got the dvi 24+5 pin adaptor to hdmi and in the graphics card I got the spdif cable conected to the motherboard. I think it's possible to hdmi out sound because in Windows I got hdmi out sound.
What do you think about all of that? I hope so... Yesterday you told me about some difficult changes to applehda kext.
Thank you again for your answer

lolorm said:
My graphics has two dvi outs. In one I got the dvi 24+5 pin adaptor to hdmi and in the graphics card I got the spdif cable conected to the motherboard. I think it's possible to hdmi out sound because in Windows I got hdmi out sound.
What do you think about all of that? I hope so... Yesterday you told me about some difficult changes to applehda kext.

Do you have "Digital Outout" in Sound Preferences?

If yes, choose it. (You should get sound pass through HDMI cable since you got display via HDMI.)

If not, you need to edit your layout and pathmap.

intamara said:
lolorm said:

Do you have "Digital Outout" in Sound Preferences?

If yes, choose it. (You should get sound pass through HDMI cable since you got display via HDMI.)

If not, you need to edit your layout and pathmap.

No, I haven't. Here I attacht a screen capture with the audio in about this mac and audio in system preferencias. Also, I include how my dsdt is edited with alc883 specifications. If you can help me what I should change in layout I'd thanks... In my preview post you can see my whole dsdt.
Thank you so much again.

Attachments

• dsdt with alc883.rtf
    2 KB · Views: 108
  • screen capture.png
    screen capture.png
    539.4 KB · Views: 203
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back