Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Just assembled my first Hackintosh build a few days ago. The hardware I purchased was from this site's recommended builds. I have installed Lion 10.7.3 and the latest DSDT for my motherboard (which matches) via this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306. I did not install any audio drivers from MultiBeast because I knew I would have to install the current verison of AppleHDA this guide recommends (v2.1.3 which is currently installed). I have no visible audio in 'System Preferances' at the moment. Reading through this guide, I see I have devices for both 'PCI0' and 'PEG0' in my DSDT and am unsure of which to modify.

My Goal is to have two monitors hooked up to my PC, 1) Computer Monitor via DVI and 2) HDMI out to receiver -> TV. As I said, I am using the DSDT from this site for the Gigabyte z86x-ud3h-b3 F10.

I am sorry if I have missed previous posts about this, but sometimes this site is like drinking from a fire hydrant. Any advice will help!

Mudd

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 98
MuddSkipper said:
I did not install any audio drivers from MultiBeast because I knew I would have to install the current verison of AppleHDA this guide recommends (v2.1.3 which is currently installed). I have no visible audio in 'System Preferances' at the moment.
Verify you have installed the dsdt.aml and this AppleHDA.kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413. If 889 on board audio is not working, that has to be fixed first. Attach a copy of IOReg (IORegisrtyExplorer/File/Save a Copy As...).

toleda said:
MuddSkipper said:
I did not install any audio drivers from MultiBeast because I knew I would have to install the current verison of AppleHDA this guide recommends (v2.1.3 which is currently installed). I have no visible audio in 'System Preferances' at the moment.
Verify you have installed the dsdt.aml and this AppleHDA.kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413. If 889 on board audio is not working, that has to be fixed first. Attach a copy of IOReg (IORegisrtyExplorer/File/Save a Copy As...).

Thanks for the quick response!

My audio is currently working with my computer speakers. As my title says, I am a 'Noob', I have tried to save my IOReg like you asked but it doesn't seem to want to attach to post...

<-Sorry

Thank you again for your help. I have made a DSDT using the method you gave me the link to earlier (THANK YOU!) and then I proceeded to follow the steps in the guide. I got up to step 2.f where you are verifying if it will work I did not find PEGP but found GFX0. Also in the next step I found a device with my display id "0x00010000". Does this mean that I cannot get HDMI audio to work with my current setup? it was working in windows perfectly. I hope that is not the case : ( I attached my DSDT. maybe you could verify?

Thanks Again

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    31.8 KB · Views: 122
pkid92 said:
Does this mean that I cannot get HDMI audio to work with my current setup? it was working in windows perfectly. I hope that is not the case : ( I attached my DSDT. maybe you could verify?

Thanks Again
No. It means you will change the name of the device. Attach a copy of IOReg.

MuddSkipper said:
I have tried to save my IOReg like you asked but it doesn't seem to want to attach to post...
Can't help you without the IOReg. Don't add a file extension to the file name. Try again.

File size limit for uploads maybe? Zipped up...

Attachments

• Mudd’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    563.9 KB · Views: 69
toleda said:
pkid92 said:
Does this mean that I cannot get HDMI audio to work with my current setup? it was working in windows perfectly. I hope that is not the case : ( I attached my DSDT. maybe you could verify?

Thanks Again
No. It means you will change the name of the device. Attach a copy of IOReg.

Ok. Thank you. I have attached ioreg

Attachments

• Kerie’s Mac Pro.zip
    577 KB · Views: 89
pkid92 said:
I have attached ioreg
For HDEF you are using an enabler and the dsdt. You should not use both. Delete the enabler as it interferes with HDMI audio. Next step is to install an AppleHDA.kext that can do HDMI audio.

For 892 on board audio, see this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42546. Edit dsdt/HDEF as shown and install 892 optimized AppleHDA.kext as instructed. Verify 892 on board audio. Reply with edited dsdt and new IOReg.

To prepare the dsdt for HDMI audio, make the following edits.

DSDTSE/dsdt.aml
1. Search P0P1
Replace PEGP
2. Search GFX0
Replace IGPU

Change the _ADR in the PEGP edit code to 0x00010000.
Make sure this code remains as part of PEGP when you paste the PEGP edit code into the dsdt.
Code:
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))
                }

Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (PICM)
                    {
                        Return (AR01)
                    }

Return (PR01)
                }
Preceed with Step 4. Edit dsdt of the guide
Complete each step exactly.

MuddSkipper said:
File size limit for uploads maybe? Zipped up...
Is your 889 on board working with the 889 optimized AppleHDA.kext?

Edit DSDTSE/dsdt.aml
Search PEG0
Replace PEGP

Change _ADR to 0x00010000 in the edit code.
Preceed with Step 4. Edit dsdt, of the guide
Complete each step exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back