Contribute
Register

[Lion] Adobe Flash crashes in Firefox and Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the exact same issue (both Firefox and Safari), with an 8800GTS 640MB. Has anybody found way to fix this issue?

[Update] Ok, managed to fix this issue by installing the graphics kext files from the Developer Preview 4 bundle here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vwcthg5tgd8dpfv

GREAT! - This solution works definitely.

Had the same problem with Flash on Lion 10.7.3 and GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB. After installing these Kexts, Flash is running on Firefox and Safari without any Problems.

Thanx very much Ajmuir for that solution & greetings to everyone!

EDIT: iPhoto '11 Version 9.2.1 (628) always freezes the screen at start after installing this kexts. After a few seconds the system works well for a while, then freezes again and so on ... Unable to work with iPhoto due to this problem. - Any Ideas? :?

2nd EDIT: Not only iPhoto but also other programs such as Time Machine and many others crashed on my system after I installed the kexts. I have now recovered the old kexts and the described problems are gone. The flash issue is back again of course. So now I'll have to work with Chrome. :crazy: Should anyone find a solution, I would be glad to read something about it.

Thank you for your support

Just wanted to confirm what the last post said is also a problem for me. My Nvidia 470 went south and I had to revert to my older 8800 GTS. Lion 10.7.3 with latest Safari update from last week can't display any Flash pages in Safari. Unlike some others, Firefox DOES work for me.

Also tried doing a fresh Lion install with latest MultiBeast / Chimera with same results.

I have the gts 8800 and I am actually having problems with getting full resolution AFTER I install mulitbeast, before hand it was working fine. What did you guys do? (if anyone else had the problem, it could be my motherboard: ga p35 dsp3 no dsdt) thanks I will keep trying things, please let me know if you have the fix!

GorillaRabbit said:
I have the gts 8800 and I am actually having problems with getting full resolution AFTER I install mulitbeast, before hand it was working fine. What did you guys do? (if anyone else had the problem, it could be my motherboard: ga p35 dsp3 no dsdt) thanks I will keep trying things, please let me know if you have the fix!

I removed the PCIUIDRoot=1 line to make MultiBeast work. The only line in my "Kernel Flags" section is the "darkwake = 0" setting. When I had the root = 1, I too was stuck with 1024x768 resolution.

See if that helps and let us know!

theta2099 said:
GorillaRabbit said:

I removed the PCIUIDRoot=1 line to make MultiBeast work. The only line in my "Kernel Flags" section is the "darkwake = 0" setting. When I had the root = 1, I too was stuck with 1024x768 resolution.

See if that helps and let us know!
Alright well I checked out my boot.plist and the PCIUIDRoot=1 string wasn't in the kern flags. However, as well as darkwake=0 there was npci=0x3000. I tried removing the npci string, I can still boot without it BUT graphics remain at 1024 x 768 resolution. Hmm does this mean anything to you? Thanks so much for the reply.

GorillaRabbit said:
Alright well I checked out my boot.plist and the PCIUIDRoot=1 string wasn't in the kern flags. However, as well as darkwake=0 there was npci=0x3000. I tried removing the npci string, I can still boot without it BUT graphics remain at 1024 x 768 resolution. Hmm does this mean anything to you? Thanks so much for the reply.
Well, the only things that I have graphics related are:
Code:
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1200x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0</string>
Of course, the last one isn't really graphics related except that I took out the PCIUIDRoot=1 and the npci= (leaving it off, adding 0x2000 or 0x3000 didn't make a difference).

Are you using Chimera or Chameleon? It should work with Chimera. The last build of Chameleon seemed to break the graphics (with a build>1900). Chimera seemed to be more stable.

Well, the only things that I have graphics related are:
Code:
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1200x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0</string>
Of course, the last one isn't really graphics related except that I took out the PCIUIDRoot=1 and the npci= (leaving it off, adding 0x2000 or 0x3000 didn't make a difference).

Are you using Chimera or Chameleon? It should work with Chimera. The last build of Chameleon seemed to break the graphics (with a build>1900). Chimera seemed to be more stable.

Yeah I'm using Chimera, so I did get the resolution corrected with the Graphics Mode key (I obviously have a lot to learn, this is my second hack, first experience with a gfx card) But it seems to be a little laggy. I'm sorry to interrupt the true topic of this post, but as every one had this card I had to jump in. Anyway I went on to test out youtube with the safari, firefox, and chrome without luck on any of them: video would sometimes load but not play (no crashing). Thanks guys for putting up with me.

ajmuir said:
I have the exact same issue (both Firefox and Safari), with an 8800GTS 640MB. Has anybody found way to fix this issue?

[Update] Ok, managed to fix this issue by installing the graphics kext files from the Developer Preview 4 bundle here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vwcthg5tgd8dpfv
Thanks you so much, I tried everyting on the net but nothing worked except for this! I have the exact same GFX so that might just be the problem! Thanks again!

Hey guys.
I have a 8800GTS with 640MB

I will try those kexts tomorrow and give brief feedback.

Does QE/CI works on your LION?

With SL i had QE/CI, but no luck with LION.

Hi

Any chance of re-posting that file for the kext - the mediafire link is dead.

I have the exact same problem

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back