Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 460 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just followed the guide and got Lion updated over SL. Everything is working including sleep and audio, but the Flash plugin crashes in Safari and Firefox. It works in Chrome however. Is this a known issue?

Got the same problem. No solution till now. I'll try Flash 11 beta today and report my results.

Hi!

I have a similar problem...flash only works in safari not in firefox. Maybe it is because of the graphic card.....i have the same on like u two 8800gts 640mb...

Well i tried every fix i could find on the internet and nothing got flash working with this card.. I replaced it with a cheap ATI card and everything works perfectly..

Guess it's bye bye 8800 :)

Do you guys have full hardware acceleration? (translucent task bar at the top, launchpad animation (lion) or ripples on adding new item to dashboard (SL))

I have the exact same issue (both Firefox and Safari), with an 8800GTS 640MB. Has anybody found way to fix this issue?

[Update] Ok, managed to fix this issue by installing the graphics kext files from the Developer Preview 4 bundle here: www.mediafire.com/?vwcthg5tgd8dpfv

ajmuir said:
I have the exact same issue (both Firefox and Safari), with an 8800GTS 640MB. Has anybody found way to fix this issue?

[Update] Ok, managed to fix this issue by installing the graphics kext files from the Developer Preview 4 bundle here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vwcthg5tgd8dpfv

Can you explain step by step your fix?? please.

Thx in advance.

kr0n0s said:
Can you explain step by step your fix?? please.

Thx in advance.

Hey kr0n0s, I installed the Kext Utility that comes as part of MultiBeast (under the 'OSx86 Software' heading I believe). Then you just need to unpack the files linked above, open up Kext Utility and drag them over into the window. The tool backs up what is currently installed, then installs the new ones in place.

I believe you can restore the old ones if it all goes horribly wrong from the backup it makes but I've not needed to do that just yet. Probably worth having a read around to ensure that's the correct way to install kexts - this was my first time too, but it worked.

ajmuir said:

[Update] Ok, managed to fix this issue by installing the graphics kext files from the Developer Preview 4 bundle here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vwcthg5tgd8dpfv

I can confirm that installing the kexts in this package will fix the flash crashing issues in firefox and safari if you are using an 8800GTS and Lion. I use chrome, so I never thought anything of it until a few days ago when chrome went south too. It never crashed but I could only see video full screen only, but I had audio all the time. Google searches lead me here and I could see several users with the same video card and same issues.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back