Contribute
Register

Lion 10.7.2 freezeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, I try it with 10.7.1

In the net Step I get a Radeon 4850 or 5770. There is native support or ?

macgaga said:
so, I try it with 10.7.1

In the net Step I get a Radeon 4850 or 5770. There is native support or ?

5770 is natively supported :thumbup:

:( this sucks big time. my i5 750 + p55m ud2 + batmobile 5770 is freezing like crazy :((((
just got excited that installing 10.7.2 was a piece of cake and now is freezing a couple of time per hour when playing flash content :( if anyone got this solved please let me know

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-12 at 11.36.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-12 at 11.36.19 PM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 201
It's definitely flash related on my machine. I was getting "12/12/11 12:25:13.000 PM kernel: IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero" messages pretty regularly, which I suspect was related to my system freezing. When it froze, there was a youtube or flash video playing in my browser regardless of if I was actually using it or not. I disabled Flash in my browser (Google Chrome) and haven't gotten another message since.

Be great to figure this one out. Is it related to using a bluetooth mouse as well?

baszslap said:
:( this sucks big time. my i5 750 + p55m ud2 + batmobile 5770 is freezing like crazy :((((
just got excited that installing 10.7.2 was a piece of cake and now is freezing a couple of time per hour when playing flash content :( if anyone got this solved please let me know

Which browser are you using? I definitely think this is flash related :(

KidCastro said:
baszslap said:

i'm using firefox but i'll swich to safari for a while

baszslap said:
KidCastro said:
baszslap said:

i'm using firefox but i'll swich to safari for a while

Yeah give that a go... flash and apple are not co-operating till now.

:(

myska said:
I also have freezing issues with my n5110. I tried everything. The most stable version of Lion for me is 10.7.1 with appleintelsnbgraphicsfb.kext rolled back from 10.7.0. Everytime I try to update to 10.7.2, I have this freezing issue every 5 secs with this message "Debug info for apparent hang in Main graphics engine" in kernel.log which makes my laptop unuseable. I'm just hopping 10.7.3 will bring full support for our graphics. I believe we have something in common for this to happen as most others also have HD3000 and are not experiencing any problems under 10.7.2. Would it be related to a particular motherboard chipset?

I'm now experiencing random freezes after updating to new graphics kexts. I doubt 10.7.3 will fix this issue.

I'm considering rolling back to 10.7.1 or .7.0 hd3000 kexts and seeing how that works.

-Fox

foxglove said:
myska said:
I also have freezing issues with my n5110. I tried everything. The most stable version of Lion for me is 10.7.1 with appleintelsnbgraphicsfb.kext rolled back from 10.7.0. Everytime I try to update to 10.7.2, I have this freezing issue every 5 secs with this message "Debug info for apparent hang in Main graphics engine" in kernel.log which makes my laptop unuseable. I'm just hopping 10.7.3 will bring full support for our graphics. I believe we have something in common for this to happen as most others also have HD3000 and are not experiencing any problems under 10.7.2. Would it be related to a particular motherboard chipset?

I'm now experiencing random freezes after updating to new graphics kexts. I doubt 10.7.3 will fix this issue.

I'm considering rolling back to 10.7.1 or .7.0 hd3000 kexts and seeing how that works.

-Fox

Unknown issue at this stage... could be the following:

* Flash
* HD3000 graphic kexts
* Bug in 10.7.2

We will have to wait and see... :( This happens sometimes on my HTPC Mini build which is basically the Customac Mini 2011 Build.

myska said:
...I believe we have something in common for this to happen as most others also have HD3000 and are not experiencing any problems under 10.7.2...

Actually not true. I, as well as others, are using the on-chip HD3000 and also getting the random freezing. I think it may have something to do with 10.7.2. Saw another thread where they swapped 10.7.3 kexts and freezing still occurred but less frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back