Asus 6670
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Installed Lion for the first time everything went flawless! I was amazed, but then it froze. So far it only seem to freeze while I'm just on the computer doing what ever but if the computer goes in standby mode there is no problem there it comes out of it no problem. It's only if I'm using the os to browse the web or use any other app for 20-40(rough guess) it just freezes. Any thoughts

Thx

Macvillan said:
Installed Lion for the first time everything went flawless! I was amazed, but then it froze. So far it only seem to freeze while I'm just on the computer doing what ever but if the computer goes in standby mode there is no problem there it comes out of it no problem. It's only if I'm using the os to browse the web or use any other app for 20-40(rough guess) it just freezes. Any thoughts

Thx
hmm i never had this problem. it's all because you use your browser? i ever freeze but it's not because browser, but Graphics performance is not perfect. i try with GLView to test graphic , and it's hung in specified test. so i conclude its because i'm not natively running graphics driver, i was injecting kext to run mac .

Macvillan said:

Thx

Try Lnx2Mac it may help, of course, if it is applicable. AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext known to cause some stability issues.

I just want to chime in that I'm having this same exact problem. I'm running 10.7.2, which was combo upgraded from a clean install of 10.7.0.

System specs:
i5-2500K
using built in Intel HD 3000 with the max 480mb set in bios registering within osx as 512mb
16GB RAM
1 TB OS Drive
2TB storage internal drive
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 mobo with F10 bios version.

I'm using dual monitors, one into DVI one into HDMI, if that matters.

Also used macmini5,1 in multibeast

Installed Lion with multibeast using user DSDT for my specific mobo and version -- no other problems except this freezing issue AND some small lines across the screen every now and then, which go away with closing/reopening the window thye're in.

When my computer freezes, the mouse can still be moved, if left alone the screes will go into power save and moving the mouse wakes them back up. Interestingly background processes are still working (i cna hear my beeps when i get new mail for example), but windows cannot be moved, no keyboard commands work, nothing is responsive except the mouse moves around the screen and it appears like all app continue to run.

It requires a hard / physical reboot of the system to correct the issue. I find it mainly happens with Chrome and flash content opened, but cannot pinpoint the issue.

I have a strong feeling it has something to do with HD 3000 support. ?

Is this solved and I just don't see it?

Thank you,
Foxglove

open system.log in console.app and wait till it freeze.

Jajos said:

Well I can't get it to freeze right now for some reason, but it typically occurs when playing flash video. And looking at system.log I see this while playing flash video in Chrome.

Nov 4 17:38:40 macish Google Chrome Helper EH[258]: AVF error: fail to setup QT accelerator
Nov 4 17:39:12: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Nov 4 17:39:12 macish Google Chrome Helper EH[258]: AVF error: fail to setup QT accelerator

I'll post more when I get it to freeze :)

~Fox

I'm thinking it might be your Video card it might be having conflict with Lion, that happen to me when I had an uncompatible Video Card running snow leopard i was so mad because everytime I open Safari it worked fine in Apple.com but if i tried yahoo or google or any other website for that matter it would freeze the web browser. What I'm thinking it might be your graphics card, you can google and see if your card is compatible, I also read that the HD 3000 was having issues running in Lion 10.7.2 all i can suggest is google those problems and more than likely you will find what's causing the freezing. When I purchased my 6870 ATI card all my problems went away and basicly everything worked flawless, I hope that helps. We all have different hardware that all you can do is keep testing different ways and see if you come up with a solution, that's what I did. Most folks here once they get their computers running they forget about the new people trying to get help. I got mine up and running and i'm happy to help others whenever i can offer an advice.

foxglove said:
Jajos said:

Well I can't get it to freeze right now for some reason, but it typically occurs when playing flash video.

Just like I thought.
Uninstall flash, repair caches, reboot, install flash.

Had another freeze, here are the lines right before the freeze happened from system.log in console.app.

Code:
Nov  6 12:21:51 rosss-macish [0x0-0x1f01f].com.google.Chrome[0]: DVFreeThread - CFMachPortCreateWithPort hack = 0x7995be30, fPowerNotifyPort= 0x7995bcb0
Nov  6 12:21:58 rosss-macish [0x0-0x52052].com.google.Chrome[522]: [1106/122158:INFO:breakpad_mac.mm(82)] Breakpad disabled
Nov  6 12:22:01 rosss-macish [0x0-0x52052].com.google.Chrome[522]: [522:1547:1442339945032:ERROR:extension_prefs.cc(1060)] Bad or missing pref 'version' for extension 'alelhddbbhepgpmgidjdcjakblofbmce'

I'm trying the uninstall flash, cache trick now ... Any idea from the above console messages?

~Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back