Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you're referring to but I had no issues upgrading...it was flawless and took about 10 mins.

Thanks much! Stay tuned, new guide coming soon...

Hi there...
I have exact same MB...got NIC working..but only getting 100mbits? what speed does yours report and if so, which driver are you using? I'm using the AppleIntelE1000e.kext v3.1.0 ??

thanks

How did you perform your upgrade? what post install steps have you taken?

I meant the install froze, not the system. I could not get Yosemite to install yet.

I created a Unibeast USB with Yosemite and tried to install on top of my current Mavericks installation. No dice.

Edit: Did you try Clover on this setup, Lexone?

Edit 2: Just came back to report on a successful installation.
Boot the installer with -x -f -v maxmem=16834 (I have 32GB of RAM).

The system boots fine after that. RahabMan's USB Kext is needed for the USBs, you might need to apply the TRIM patch twice for it to stick.

Everything seems to be working just as it was on Mavericks, with the exception of iMessage.

Hi Lexone, I've bought a Z87X-OC and a EVGA GTX760
But I don't have any video output from the GC.
Did you turn on every switch on the MB for the PCIe slots?
Is there any trick I don't get?

By the way my PS is only a Corsair 430W, I've ordered a 550W right away since it could be that.
If you have any tip or if there is a trick to make a CG work fine on the Z87X-OC I'm all ears and that would be of great help :)
By the way thanks a lot for your effort in documenting your build, it helped me a lot for the first stages!!

So thanks again!!

The issue could be related to your PSU not having enough power to run your GPU. I didn't touch anything on my actual mobo, all switches are set as they were when I pulled out of the box.

Hi there...
I have exact same MB...got NIC working..but only getting 100mbits? what speed does yours report and if so, which driver are you using? I'm using the AppleIntelE1000e.kext v3.1.0 ??

thanks

Unfortunately, I do not use the onboard NIC. You can see in my build components that I am using a wifi card which works out of the box. When I have some tome I will try to test a few of the NIC drivers and post my feedback.

I meant the install froze, not the system. I could not get Yosemite to install yet.

I created a Unibeast USB with Yosemite and tried to install on top of my current Mavericks installation. No dice.

Edit: Did you try Clover on this setup, Lexone?

Edit 2: Just came back to report on a successful installation.
Boot the installer with -x -f -v maxmem=16834 (I have 32GB of RAM).

The system boots fine after that. RahabMan's USB Kext is needed for the USBs, you might need to apply the TRIM patch twice for it to stick.

Everything seems to be working just as it was on Mavericks, with the exception of iMessage.

Good job - sorry I have been quite busy and haven't gotten around to updating or creating a new guide yet but please keep this thread related to Mavericks build and not Yosemite. Unless I simply update or add to this guide but I plan on making a fresh guide for Yosemite with all steps take for a fresh install as well as an upgrade from Mavericks. Just to give a little feedback - I also use 32GB RAM and I only had to install using maxmem=16384 as well. Always go with half the amount of what's installed when performing a fresh install or upgrade. good job! :thumbup:

Hi Lexone,
Did follow your advice and changed the PowerSupply for a 550W.
But still nothing... this is giving me a freaking headache...
Would you be kind enough to tell me if your switches for the PCIe are switched "on" ?
Like on this picture I took today? :
IMG_4029.JPG

Edit: I did opened a support ticket with Gygabite to determine if the problem is not coming from the motherboard...

Hi Lexone,
Would you be kind enough to tell me if your switches for the PCIe are switched "on" ?
Like on this picture I took today? :

All of my switches are in the down position as packaged and shipped by the manufacturer...
IMG_0936.jpg

Hi Lexone me again. Everything working perfectly. have you updated to Yosemite? And if so could we have a walkthrough?

Thanks

Hi Lexone me again. Everything working perfectly. have you updated to Yosemite? And if so could we have a walkthrough?

Thanks

Hi Adsero110, glad that everything is working perfectly for you so far. I have upgraded my system to Yosemite by performing an upgrade over my Mavericks install. I have been meaning to follow up with a new thread on installing Yosemite from scratch and via upgrade but time has not allowed me to do so yet. I've been quite busy travelling for work and dealing with the upcoming holidays, etc. (not to mention I got the Flu recently as well :sick:). I do apologize for the lack of a new write up but I will work on them soon and follow up with a new post to inform you all. Thanks to all who have followed this thread so far, we couldn't do what we do if it wasn't for the wonderful people in this community!

Hi Adsero110, glad that everything is working perfectly for you so far. I have upgraded my system to Yosemite by performing an upgrade over my Mavericks install. I have been meaning to follow up with a new thread on installing Yosemite from scratch and via upgrade but time has not allowed me to do so yet. I've been quite busy travelling for work and dealing with the upcoming holidays, etc. (not to mention I got the Flu recently as well :sick:). I do apologize for the lack of a new write up but I will work on them soon and follow up with a new post to inform you all. Thanks to all who have followed this thread so far, we couldn't do what we do if it wasn't for the wonderful people in this community!
Sorry to hear you were so sick. Could you give a run down on what you sould do if I already have mavericks so its just an update?

Thanks for everything you did for this community you are great.

Thanks,
Adsero110

Sorry to hear you were so sick. Could you give a run down on what you sould do if I already have mavericks so its just an update?

Thanks for everything you did for this community you are great.

Thanks,
Adsero110

Sure - not a problem.

1. Create UniBeast USB
  2. Boot into UniBeast as if to perform fresh install
  3. Instead of formatting drive and doing fresh install, select drive which contains Mavericks OS install and perform upgrade installation on drive
  4. Boot into Upgraded OS driver ( was Mavericks, now Yosemite) via UniBeast.
  5. Run MultiBeast to install audio drivers, chimera, etc.

Sure - not a problem.

1. Create UniBeast USB
  2. Boot into UniBeast as if to perform fresh install
  3. Instead of formatting drive and doing fresh install, select drive which contains Mavericks OS install and perform upgrade installation on drive
  4. Boot into Upgraded OS driver ( was Mavericks, now Yosemite) via UniBeast.
  5. Run MultiBeast to install audio drivers, chimera, etc.

Did everything here and when I reboot after upgrading and booting onto UniBeast to go onto Yosemite I get a cannot find kernel_mach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back