Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Lexone.

No problem...:)

Not sure, could be related to the type of GPU you are using but cannot confirm as I use an nvidia GPU. You can always expect transmission delays since you are connecting to the ATV "over-the-wire". But please tell me the steps you took to create and modify your DSDT. Which edits/patches were applied?

Now the artefacts problem is solved because, as Toleda says, i have correct dsdt/IGPU/AAPL,ig-platform-id
However, remains problem that on screen of my apple tv images are transmitted very late compared to mac monitor:
and it is not a problem due to the network: my network works very well!
For test, i tried "airparrot" and this app works well with my apple-tv: no image transmission problem!

I put you in download my current dsdt.You can see if you find something wrong?

Thank you.

Regards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2sgz18zt78gxr2/DSDT.aml?dl=0

Hello Lexone.

No problem...:)

Now the artefacts problem is solved because, as Toleda says, i have correct dsdt/IGPU/AAPL,ig-platform-id
However, remains problem that on screen of my apple tv images are transmitted very late compared to mac monitor:
and it is not a problem due to the network: my network works very well!
For test, i tried "airparrot" and this app works well with my apple-tv: no image transmission problem!

I put you in download my current dsdt.You can see if you find something wrong?

Thank you.

Regards.

OK before I go ahead and start looking at your DSDT (I am going to do a text comparison), I need to understand your setup and what patches/edits you applied to your DSDT. Please provide me with this info...

1. Are you using HD4600 graphics via VGA/DVI/DP/HDMI connection?
  2. Are you using a discrete GPU (ATI/NVIDIA) via VGA/DVI/DP/HDMI connection?
  3. When you created your DSDT, what patches were applied (list all steps taken in order)
  4. Lastly, have you tried any of my generated DSDT's? I'm sure one of them will work for you depending on your setup.

PS - Please update your profile info listing your system specs. Use mine as a reference so it's easier for us to understand your setup and help troubleshoot.

Ok thanKs Lexone...:)

Answer to your questions:

1.Are you using HD4600 graphics via VGA/DVI/DP/HDMI connection?
NO

2.Are you using a discrete GPU (ATI/NVIDIA) via VGA/DVI/DP/HDMI connection?
YES: i use a sapphire ati radeon 7970 GHz edition connected to my monitor via DP

3.When you created your DSDT, what patches were applied?
I appied these your patch:
audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_patch.command.zip
graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-c-90_patch.command.zip

Then, i add to my DSDT amd graphics injection and platform-id like Toleda ask

4.Lastly, have you tried any of my generated DSDT's? I'm sure one of them will work for you depending on your setup.
NOT TRIED

PS - Please update your profile info listing your system specs. Use mine as a reference so it's easier for us to understand your setup and help troubleshoot.
I have not understood well how to do this.But my system specs are these:

- MoBo: Z87X-OC with F8 bios version

- CPU: Intel haswell i7-4770K not overclocked under MAC (overclocked at 4.6 under windows)

- Video card: Sapphire ati radeon 7970 GHz Edition: not overclocked under MAC (overclocked at 1200 under windows)

- RAM: 16 Gb GSkill at 1600 MHz: not overclocked under MAC (overclocked at 2400 MHz under windows)

- SSD Samsung 840 Pro

- Cooler: Corsair H110

I put in download my DSDT and my IOREG:

DSDT:

IOREG:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yvlybhrsspwmrj/iMac di Enrico.ioreg?dl=0

Ok thanKs Lexone...:)

Answer to your questions:

1.Are you using HD4600 graphics via VGA/DVI/DP/HDMI connection?
NO

2.Are you using a discrete GPU (ATI/NVIDIA) via VGA/DVI/DP/HDMI connection?
YES: i use a sapphire ati radeon 7970 GHz edition connected to my monitor via DP

3.When you created your DSDT, what patches were applied?
I appied these your patch:

Then, i add to my DSDT amd graphics injection and platform-id like Toleda ask

4.Lastly, have you tried any of my generated DSDT's? I'm sure one of them will work for you depending on your setup.
NOT TRIED

I have not understood well how to do this.But my system specs are these:

- MoBo: Z87X-OC with F8 bios version

- CPU: Intel haswell i7-4770K not overclocked under MAC (overclocked at 4.6 under windows)

- Video card: Sapphire ati radeon 7970 GHz Edition: not overclocked under MAC (overclocked at 1200 under windows)

- RAM: 16 Gb GSkill at 1600 MHz: not overclocked under MAC (overclocked at 2400 MHz under windows)

- SSD Samsung 840 Pro

- Cooler: Corsair H110

I put in download my DSDT and my IOREG:

DSDT:

IOREG:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yvlybhrsspwmrj/iMac di Enrico.ioreg?dl=0

OK thx for the info...seems like you are still missing some patches tho in your DSDT which may be why I see some differences between yours and mine.

The 2 patches you said you installed are not for the actual DSDT, they are patches for Audio/HDMI, they do not change any of your DSDT edits.

If you go back to my initial post of this guide, scroll down to the "Now the fun stuff..." section and look at #4. I gave exact instructions of how to properly create your DSDT and what patches to apply in proper order.

I am not home at the moment but when I get back I will see if I can maybe put together a quick video of how to properly create the DSDT. I have been asked by others before.

In the meantime, try using the 3rd DSDT in my guide (nvidia primary display...) even tho you have a different card. I believe they use the same patches.. Let me know if that works at all for you. I will then try to make a new DSDT for you to test if you still have issues. Standby...:thumbup:

PS - to edit your system specs, go to your profile...it's in there.:mrgreen:

Edit:
I created a quick DSDT file and video...check it out and see if it works!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zfne17glu4xrd5/DSDT.zip?dl=0

Really thank Lexone!

I tried the DSDT that you have prepared for me and that annex in the first post: the third.

With both the dsdt there are two problems: don't hear the sound and images are transferred to apple tv with great delay.

Nothing to do unfortunately.

Really thank Lexone!

I tried the DSDT that you have prepared for me and that annex in the first post: the third.

With both the dsdt there are two problems: don't hear the sound and images are transferred to apple tv with great delay.

Nothing to do unfortunately.

Did you install Audio ALC892 kext via MultiBeast afterwards? You won't have sound until you install audio driver.

Use the video I made for you as a quick guide and try to recreate your own DSDT with your card plugged in and see if that works for you at all. Also try to create 2 different ones...one using the 1st AMD/Nvidia-A1 patch and another using the 2nd AMD/Nvidia-A2 patch (I'm referring to the Toleda AMD/Nvidia patch that you see my click and apply in the video...).

I'm wondering if the delay has anything to to with the type of card you are using. I have no delays on my end using an Nvidia GPU.

Did you install Audio ALC892 kext via MultiBeast afterwards? You won't have sound until you install audio driver.

No, via kext app.....:)

I saw your video. Really well done: and i will need to practice to achieve dsdt.
I really appreciated your willingness and i heartily thank you.

I think that alone can not solve the problem related to the delay of the transmission images from the mac monitor to that of apple-tv.

If you have some spare time, and you can prepare the dsdt for me. ... it's good.

Do not ask you sure you prepare in a day or two, you can put even 20 days, no problem!

Otherwise patience: i will use the application AirParrot.

Congratulations for your work and your skills.

Best regards.

No, via kext app.....:)

I saw your video. Really well done: and i will need to practice to achieve dsdt.
I really appreciated your willingness and i heartily thank you.

I think that alone can not solve the problem related to the delay of the transmission images from the mac monitor to that of apple-tv.

If you have some spare time, and you can prepare the dsdt for me. ... it's good.

Do not ask you sure you prepare in a day or two, you can put even 20 days, no problem!

Otherwise patience: i will use the application AirParrot.

Congratulations for your work and your skills.

Best regards.

Always glad to help...the DSDT I made for you is all I have ever done with my setup...only difference being that I use an Nvidia GPU and you use an ATI GPU which is why I recommend that you try to create another one by following my quick video.

A quick fix alternative is when playing a video thru airplay Mirroring, from the AirPlay menu icon dropdown, select "Extend Desktop" and move your video onto that screen and enlarge it to full screen then play it. You will not have any audio/video lag.

Be sure to also check that your router/modem are using the latest firmwares as this could also lead to network performance degradation (according to apple).

Hello Lexone...:)

Thanks to you, i managed to make my first DSDT. I solved the audio problem by using 2nd AMD / Nvidia-A2 patch.

Unfortunately, there is always the problem of transfer images very delayed.

I attaching the video of how I did the DSDT and the new dsdt file:

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5gjzzpbvpkik0c/My First DSDT.mp4?dl=0

DSDT:

Good job on the quick video. One thing I noticed is that you added the ig-platform-id edit in the DSDT but also have that set in clover. Remove the entry from Clover. If you look at the instructions from Toledas guide...he states to either follow Step 1 (Clover Edit) or Step 2 (DSDT Edit)...not both. You have essentially done both. This "could" be a reason for some issues...

Installation (Step 1 or Step 2, not both)

1. Bootloader Settings (with dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio, see 2. DSDT Edits)
    1. Chimera/Extra, See New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera
      1. org.chameleon.Boot.plist
        1. TextEdit/Set GraphicsEnabler=Yes
          1. AMD HD5xxx/HD6xxx or Nvidia 4xx/5xx
        2. TextEdit/Set GraphicsEnabler=No
          1. AMD HD6xxx/HD7xxx/R7/R9 or Nvidia 6xx/7xx
        3. TextEdit/Set IGPEnabler=Yes
        4. TextEdit/Set IGPlatformID
          1. HD4600: 04120004
          2. HD4000: 01620007
          3. HD3000: Default, no edit required
      2. smbios.plist
        1. MultiBeast/System/System/Definition
          1. Settings/SysDef (above)
    2. Clover/config.plist
      1. Graphics/
        1. ig-platform-id
          1. HD4600: 04120004
          2. HD4000: 01620007
        2. snb-platform-id
          1. HD3000: 10000300
      2. SMBIOS
        1. automatic, no entry required.
    3. Jump to Step 4.
  2. DSDT/SSDT edits (without dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio, proceed to 4. Restart)
    1. Edit dsdt/IGPU/"AAPL,ig-platform-id"
      1. HD4600: 0x04, 0x00, 0x12, 0x04
      2. HD4000: 0x07, 0x00, 0x62, 0x01
      3. HD3000: no edit required
    2. Jump to Step 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back