Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post :D just wanted to thank every single one of you who have voiced their knowledge on this build. I researched building my first hack for over 4 months and after about 4 hours of hiccups yesterday, I have a fully functioning workstation!

I am running a three monitor iRacing simulator in my spare room to train me and my race team during our off seasons and I started thinking during the build that I could double this powerful computer as my photo editing workstation with the three monitors and GTX 770 card! I own a photography company and was tired of editing in Aperture/CS6 on my Macbook.

Specs are listed below, but I installed Mavericks on my spare SSD (first SSD is for Windows 8.1) and I booted to the initial setup with no problem. After using Muiltibeast, I had a kernel error on the white loading screen with the same generic errors that others have screenshoted. I switched flash drives, re-installed Multibeast, downloaded the files from this thread and had the same problem. Tried one last time before my flight last night with my time machine backup during the initial setup and BOOM, boots perfectly! Everything worked after using your Multibeast settings except for anything with Flash. Youtube videos crashed and restarted the computer and I just switched over to Chrome and it works perfectly. The ONLY issue I have now is that my PS2 keyboard will not respond in OSX even with the Multibeast plugin. I don't mind using my spare USB one right now, but if anyone has a workaround, I am all ears!

Z87X-OC w/DSDT
i5, OC to 3.9 GHZ
GTX 770 4gb
Corsair 750w
8gb @ 1600 mhz
2X 250gb SSD
Duel booted Windows 8.1

I am processing photos at near real time previews and I can still restart and switch over to 3 monitor gaming in Windows. I am one happy camper. I may upload a photo later when I fly back home :D

Thanks again Lexone/everyone on this website. I was definitely frustrated installing without DSDT last night and now I feel like I am on top of the world!

Still havent got HDMI workin on 10.9.2 but dont need it! Just wondering if you update to 10.9.4 and if so did you do it through the appstore? Did you just reinstall all the drivers you previously mentioned? I am new to Hackintosh and dont understand the full thing.

Thanks,
Adsero110

Please first answer questions from my previous post to you so that I can better understand your setup. I cannot provide assistance unless I know what you have, and what you've done so far to get your system working.

Is HDMI Video working and just not Audio from HDMI on your nVidia GPU?...try a different cable to rule out faulty cable

You can upgrade to 10.9.4 via the app store. Only driver you will need to re-install post-install is your audio via MultiBeast as you will lose this each time you upgrade OS X

After using Muiltibeast, I had a kernel error on the white loading screen with the same generic errors that others have screenshoted. I switched flash drives, re-installed Multibeast, downloaded the files from this thread and had the same problem. Tried one last time before my flight last night with my time machine backup during the initial setup and BOOM, boots perfectly! Everything worked after using your Multibeast settings except for anything with Flash. Youtube videos crashed and restarted the computer and I just switched over to Chrome and it works perfectly. The ONLY issue I have now is that my PS2 keyboard will not respond in OSX even with the Multibeast plugin. I don't mind using my spare USB one right now, but if anyone has a workaround, I am all ears!

Thanks again Lexone/everyone on this website. I was definitely frustrated installing without DSDT last night and now I feel like I am on top of the world!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you now have a functional system but I am still curious as to what made you get KP's. Is it possible to attach some screen shots of those errors? I personally am not having any flash issues, so it could be a bug in your setup. As for PS2, i know you're probably attached to your PS2 device but I would highly recommend upgrading to a USB or BT powered one as PS2 is extremely outdated.

hello, sorry i'm a bit confused...

if i just need to use my 2 monitors by the integrated HD4600 (DisplayPort + HDMI), and no need of HDMI audio... which DSDT file i have to use ?
i do not have installed any discrete pcie graphic card.

hello, sorry i'm a bit confused...

if i just need to use my 2 monitors by the integrated HD4600 (DisplayPort + HDMI), and no need of HDMI audio... which DSDT file i have to use ?
i do not have installed any discrete pcie graphic card.

hey Altivec - you should be able to just use the first DSDT listed..."No HDMI Support". :thumbup:

Hello Lexone, and thanks for your great effort.

I need your help for a problem with my hackintosh and apple tv 2(latest firmware).

My hardware specs:

- Z87X-OC
-i74770k
-Ati radeon 7970 GHz edition

-clover v2916

Ok, i made a modified DSDT beacause airplay mirroring not working on my hackintosh: no icon in menu bar.

With new DSDT now airpaly mirroring works fine and my apple tv is recognized by mavericks.

6D3U7z.png

f06D3U7zp

1B6JH1.png

I have set bios as you have indicated on first post:

79955-img-bios2-140108052355-zpsa22cd8aa.png

Problem:

On screen of my apple tv images are transmitted very late compared to mac monitor and these same pictures show artifacts in some places of apple tv monitor.

Do you have any idea for this problem?

If you can help, this is my modified DSDT:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g33b7pa6zvbdmhp/DSDT.aml.zip?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Is 10.9.5 treating everyone alright? Can I upgrade?

Really instructive thread: one asks for help but was totally ignored by the author of the topic. Congratulations!

Really instructive thread: one asks for help but was totally ignored by the author of the topic. Congratulations!

You have not been ignored, lexone has just not replied yet. His last post was on the 22nd and you posted for help on the 23rd. Probably not the best way to ask for help.

Problem:

On screen of my apple tv images are transmitted very late compared to mac monitor and these same pictures show artifacts in some places of apple tv monitor.

Do you have any idea for this problem?

If you can help, this is my modified DSDT:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g33b7pa6zvbdmhp/DSDT.aml.zip?dl=0

Not sure, could be related to the type of GPU you are using but cannot confirm as I use an nvidia GPU. You can always expect transmission delays since you are connecting to the ATV "over-the-wire". But please tell me the steps you took to create and modify your DSDT. Which edits/patches were applied?

Is 10.9.5 treating everyone alright? Can I upgrade?
I have yet to upgrade as I have been away on business. Currently cloning drive before upgrading and will report back shortly. I expect only to lose audio which will be reapplied via latest MultiBeast. Stay tuned...

Excuse me, but please keep in mind that we lead normal lives, have families and busy work schedules. I am not glued to my Computer 24x7 so you should be thankful for the effort we do put in to assist people as time permits. Patience is a virtue o_O

You have not been ignored, lexone has just not replied yet. His last post was on the 22nd and you posted for help on the 23rd. Probably not the best way to ask for help.
thank you! :thumbup:

the "should" word is what scaring me! :mrgreen:

You will be fine and it will not harm your system but trying either of my DSDT's. Install the one I mentioned and report back if it works for you or not. Don't be scared to take a chance on life, you will be fine. ;) I always recommend having a backup before making any changes just to be on the safe side.

EDIT:
Successfully updated to 10.9.5 via Mac App Store. Lost audio as expected although HDMI Audio remained in tact. Installed audio & TRIM via MultiBeast and updated nVidia drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back