Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated screen shots and DSDT attachments in Post #1 with config files utilizing newly released MultiBeast 6.4.0 which includes updated Audio kexts, Networking kext, FakeSMC, & Trim Support

Updated screen shots and DSDT attachments in Post #1 with config files utilizing newly released MultiBeast 6.4.0 which includes updated Audio kexts, Networking kext, FakeSMC, & Trim Support

Awesome! Thanks so much for all the work you've been putting into this.

I think the cause for my freezes was a crappy HDD. I just ordered a Samsung 840 Evo SSD and that should fix that - and make my build even more awesome.

Hey Lexone me again got the build up fine and Mavericks is fully setup except for HDMI audio can't get it to work? Im more of a visual guy and is there any chance that you could get a video made or could you set one up for this just record your screen and just upload it!

Awesome! Thanks so much for all the work you've been putting into this.

I think the cause for my freezes was a crappy HDD. I just ordered a Samsung 840 Evo SSD and that should fix that - and make my build even more awesome.

You're very welcome! You will notice a world of difference once you install a SSD. :thumbup:

Is anyone having the connection completely drop and say "cable unplugged" with the ethernet drivers from Multibeast 6.4.0?

edit: This seems to be the problem - and the solution is listed.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...ernet-port-non-responsive-until-reboot-3.html

Good to see you have done some extra research...I personally do not have this issue because I am using a wifi card in my system so the ethernet kext in my build is irrelevant.

Hey Lexone me again got the build up fine and Mavericks is fully setup except for HDMI audio can't get it to work? Im more of a visual guy and is there any chance that you could get a video made or could you set one up for this just record your screen and just upload it!

Where exactly are you getting stuck? Are you trying to use the onboard HDMI or via a dedicated GPU like nvidia? More info you give will better help me to assist you as well as for creating a video or something.

My most sincere apologises Lexone but I was on vacation and had no access to WiFi for the duration of my trip. Yes, to answer your question it is when I use my nVidia GTX 780 HDMI! Hope this can in some way help.

Thanks in advance,
Adsero110

Lexone thank you for all your tutorial... and the rest.
I'm building a new setup based on this mb : Z87X-OC , with a msi nvidia GTX 770 (only, not using the intel), and a i5-4690.
I'm trying to get it working with Clover (Clover_v2k_r2818.pkg). It's quiet hard to get a nice config file :banghead:
For the Audio, I'm using toleda/audio_CloverALC.
I have used you dsdt.aml .

The system is ok, sleep also but I had some crashes.
I cannot get the mic input to work, neither in the front nor in the rear :(
I'm not sure I get all the performance out of the CPU / GPU.

Did you "play" with clover?
Any idea for the audio ?

Lexone thank you for all your tutorial... and the rest.

Did you "play" with clover?
Any idea for the audio ?

Honestly, I have not tried to mess around with the Clover installation as I found it to be quite cumbersome. I like the simplicity of Chimera/Chameleon... I may try clover at some point just to familiarize myself with it more/better but I cannot give any troubleshooting advice for it at the moment

My most sincere apologises Lexone but I was on vacation and had no access to WiFi for the duration of my trip. Yes, to answer your question it is when I use my nVidia GTX 780 HDMI! Hope this can in some way help.

Thanks in advance,
Adsero110

OK well there shouldn't be much to do then...HDMI via your discrete GPU should just work. Please tell me what steps you have taken so far, if you used a DSDT or SSDT, etc. List your components in your profile, etc. I need to understand your setup and what you're using in order to assist you better...

Also, I have a few DSDT's in Post #1 which may help depending on your setup. Try it out and let me know...

Still havent got HDMI workin on 10.9.2 but dont need it! Just wondering if you update to 10.9.4 and if so did you do it through the appstore? Did you just reinstall all the drivers you previously mentioned? I am new to Hackintosh and dont understand the full thing.

Thanks,
Adsero110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back