Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
i already tried to load "optimized default" and then just changed the needed setting like switch to IGFX, disable WOL etc… but not way…. i still got that Vcore voltage (1,063) and 37 multiplier.
maybe the haswell cpu prefers XMP sticks and this kingston ram kit called "PNP" is not the optimal in terms of compatibility? i picked up from the QVL list of gigabyte, a bit disappointed that a truly 1600mhz ram makes the cpu to run at not correct default speed.

what BIOS version you have? mine is F6, i also tried the actual beta F7D but has some issue with startup screen.
when you reboot it didnt give anymore the startup signal to the monitor, so you do not see anything untill the mavericks desktop appers. if i shut down and back on the monitor gets the signal from the begin and turning on again.

in the "system information" tab it seems they added some new options in the bF7D bios, related to main monitor to use to choice (HDMI first or VGA first) and its resolution… maybe this new change makes some confusion with bootloader when you just restart and not shut down and back on again… anyway i switched back to F6 due to nothing changed with the Vcore and cpu clock speed.

just freaking a bit with the chamaleon installer about the file NVRAM, and i noted there's an option to enable the HDMI audio:

EnableHDMIAudio=Yes into org.chameleon.Boot.plist

does it works or we need to do all that tricky procedure from toleda's tutorial ?
if someone already edited those kernels, can be shared and used from other z87x-oc users or everyone needs to custom edit for their computer ?

just freaking a bit with the chamaleon installer about the file NVRAM, and i noted there's an option to enable the HDMI audio:

EnableHDMIAudio=Yes into org.chameleon.Boot.plist

does it works or we need to do all that tricky procedure from toleda's tutorial ?
if someone already edited those kernels, can be shared and used from other z87x-oc users or everyone needs to custom edit for their computer ?

To be honest I am not 100% sure if that actually works or not. I also noticed that and I have it installed in my or.chameleon.boot.plist file but I am not using HDMI to my monitors. And i'm not sure if that key is to assist in enabling HDMI Audio from the motherboard. I tested my HDMI thru my nVidia GPU which worked great but I have not tested the on-board port since I don't use it.

thanx Lexone, i do not have a discrete video card so it could get usefull to have HDMI audio cause my latest dell monitors has an audio output minijack that you can send directly to an audio system, avoiding to have to use other cables from case pinjack outputs.

you think it's safe install that option together with file NVRAM to try id hdmi audio works ?

thanx Lexone, i do not have a discrete video card so it could get usefull to have HDMI audio cause my latest dell monitors has an audio output minijack that you can send directly to an audio system, avoiding to have to use other cables from case pinjack outputs.

you think it's safe install that option together with file NVRAM to try id hdmi audio works ?

Yes, it is safe to install as I also have it installed in my system. but since you will be using onboard HDMI, I am not sure if only having that setting will enable HDMI Audio. You may still have to follow the Toleda guide. I will eventually may a DSDT/SSDT edit to enable the onboard HDMI even tho I don't use it, but by doing so I can share it on this guide for others. :mrgreen:

it would be great if you make a DSDT file with HDMI enabled !

Hello,

I have problem with adobe after effects cc and my graphic card!

My mac is: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX760 WF 4GB, 16gb ram(i folowed lexones haswell build)
everything works fine davinci resolve, photoshop almost no crashes but when i render in after effects cc it seems my graphic card is not in use bveacause render is really slow or it is fast but stop in half of process and my computer freeze totally. I have cudas and open cl enabled like unsupported gpu.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

can anybody help me pleas???

sorry for my english

Hello,

I have problem with adobe after effects cc and my graphic card!

My mac is: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX760 WF 4GB, 16gb ram(i folowed lexones haswell build)
everything works fine davinci resolve, photoshop almost no crashes but when i render in after effects cc it seems my graphic card is not in use bveacause render is really slow or it is fast but stop in half of process and my computer freeze totally. I have cudas and open cl enabled like unsupported gpu.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

can anybody help me pleas???

sorry for my english

When you go into After Effects>Preferences>Preview>GPU Information, there is a drop-down called "Ray-tracing". Does this drop-down list both "CPU" & "GPU" or does it only list one option? If it only lists CPU then there are some edits that are needed to add support for your GPU. This may be why your system crashes/freezes because there is too much load/strain on the CPU. Please let me know so I can further assist you.

Snímek obrazovky 2014-02-05 v 2.03.12 odp..png

this is what you wanted to see? Thanks for reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back