Contribute
Register

Lexone's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC w/DSDT - i7-4770K - GTX780

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Lexone, confirmed images are back :)

i checked the sharing window and it says: "Mac-Pro-di-apple" … if this do not create issues i would leave so.

Great! Having that name will not cause any issues at all. You can freely change that name whenever you want and it will have no impact to your current setup. It's just like changing the name to a Windows machine...does nothing harmful but change the name to whatever u want it to be. :thumbup:

noob question:

i noted that in system profiler some peripherals show up as on PCIe bus…
as i chosen iMac 14,2 as system definition, that machine do NOT have any REAL pcie slots !

so what will happen now if i install a PCIe card (audio, video, network etc.) ??

noob question:

i noted that in system profiler some peripherals show up as on PCIe bus…
as i chosen iMac 14,2 as system definition, that machine do NOT have any REAL pcie slots !

so what will happen now if i install a PCIe card (audio, video, network etc.) ??

You will be fine and the system will recognize them as long as they are a listed component in one of the "Buyer's Guides" as being supported

hi Lexone I just discovered a serious problem facetime and imessage does not works on my GA-Z87X-OC I have FileNVRam installed in / Extra / modules it does not work
I reset my iCloud password that does not always work If you have an idea to give me...i..I need help

if i well remember there is a detailed guide into a previous post...
u need to delete some files then try to check if imessage works

hi Lexone I just discovered a serious problem facetime and imessage does not works on my GA-Z87X-OC I have FileNVRam installed in / Extra / modules it does not work
I reset my iCloud password that does not always work If you have an idea to give me...i..I need help

Hey rudaye - I actually saw you comment on wildwillow's guide as well. Did you download the FileNVRAM file on its own and manually placed it into the Modules folder or did you install it with the Chameleon installer? I installed it with the Chameleon installer along with the Chameleon bootloader which Chimera was designed from and I have no issues with FaceTime of iMessage. I will say that if I used Chimera bootloader and only installed the FileNVRAM via Chameleon installer only, then they didn't work. But after switching to Chameleon installer instead of Chimera, they worked flawlessly :thumbup:

just curious… how u can switch from chimera to chamaleon ?

just curious… how u can switch from chimera to chamaleon ?

Just run the Chameleon installer and then repair permissions before rebooting. To the naked eye, Chimera & Chameleon look identical. To tell which one you are using, you must hit a key when the bootloader shows up and then review the information in the upper left corner.

oh… interesting... so you won't overwrite the chimera bootloader ?
you will end up to have booth ones and can select which to use ?

oh… interesting... so you won't overwrite the chimera bootloader ?
you will end up to have booth ones and can select which to use ?

It will overwrite Chimera and you will only be left with Chameleon...not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back