Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z560 i5 Hackintosh - [working]!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikonmac said:
macios,
you have kernel panic during step 4, right?

1 - get and write latest bios version (from windows installation)
2 - load default settings in bios
3 - boot with latest iboot and install Retail 10.6.3
4 - upgrade to 10.6.7 with combo update, DO NOT REBOOT

in step 3 try to boot installation with -x (safe mode).

If it doesn't work try with a copy of 10.6.3, if you have a regular 10.6.0 Purchased Retail DVD there is non problem to get a DVD from a friend of yours and try the installation ...

mad, safe mode, -x-f do not work at all. What can I do now? Wait for 10.7? :oops:

Can anyone check which model actually has working wifi?
that would be lovely, thanks in advance!

thanks mate, good to know sleep works for you...

i found out about two models which are sold here in europe:
M37BMGE and M37AQGE
Is the z560 sold with different wifi cards?
it seems like even if you get wifi to work it works sloppy anyways so it's probably best to replace the card... It's just shitty that i lose warranty then! and i really dont wanna deal with a stick everyday

UPDATE: I just found a list of all the z560 sold over here:
http://www.guenstiger.de/Katalog/Preis. ... 60&x=0&y=0

which one do you recommend?

Got my z560 i5-2.66 4GB and nvidia G310.. two issues can not get wireless to work. under win 7 it says broadcom 802.11n... any help would be great, plus the camera turns on but the picture is black.. any help with that as well... thanks so much... using 10.6.7 :banghead: :banghead:

yey, got myself one for 400 euros! (i5 2,26)
it only came with 2 gigs of ram so i bought additional 4 gigs for the second slot (40 euros)

i also bought an atheros wireles card which should be recognised as airport. i lose bluetooth then though (12 euros)

so far i like the laptop. the only downside is the battery life with its 2 hours. i hope there is a way to improve this! the display isnt great either (quite glossy and bad contrast)

anyway for 450 euros its a quite powerful macbook pro alternative for half the price!

Hello all... Hoping for a little help here. I purchased a Z560 yesterday (from the side of the box MO Number CB01010654, Model Name 0914) and running into some trouble getting a working OSX86 machine. Here are the steps taken so far...
1 Used iBoot and retail disk to achieve a successful install of 10.6.3.
2 Ran 10.6.7 Combo Update (did not restart).
3 Ran MultiBeast as instructed in this thread.
4 Restart - boot hangs after "DSMOS has arrived"

I have tried this countless times and countless ways (easybeast, multibeast, without multibeast, etc.). Every time results in the same hanging boot. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help!
Mark

overzellous said:
Hello all... Hoping for a little help here. I purchased a Z560 yesterday (from the side of the box MO Number CB01010654, Model Name 0914) and running into some trouble getting a working OSX86 machine. Here are the steps taken so far...
1 Used iBoot and retail disk to achieve a successful install of 10.6.3.
2 Ran 10.6.7 Combo Update (did not restart).
3 Ran MultiBeast as instructed in this thread.
4 Restart - boot hangs after "DSMOS has arrived"

I have tried this countless times and countless ways (easybeast, multibeast, without multibeast, etc.). Every time results in the same hanging boot. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help!
Mark

I tried installing OSX on my z560 yesterday because of this thread, unfortunately there seems to be many different hardware configurations within this model because my z560 has the intel GMA hd graphics and I could not get the graphics to work. I had similar problems as overzellous until I deleted all Kext files having to do with intel graphics. Has anyone gotten the intel graphics version of this laptop to work, at least with the correct resolution?

I was very very lucky to get M37BMIX model where everything works fine.
Most people here got other models and wifi and other secondary stuff didn't work.

I didn't anything else that what explained in my post at page 1.
For brightness be sure to set System Definitions -> "MacBook Pro".

how about 10.7 on z560? anybody tryed it? =)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back