Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro HAckintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try all the Azul framebuffer ig-platform-ids, especially the mobile ones.

Intel HD 4400*/4600/5000 (Azul)
04060000 Mobile
04120004 No connectors
04160000 Mobile
04160002 Mobile
04260000 Mobile
0A160000 Mobile
0A260000 Mobile
0A260005 HD 4600/5200 Mobile - MacBook Air Platform ID
0A260006 HD 4600/5200 Mobile - Chimera Default
0A260008 Mobile
0A2E0008 Mobile
0C060000 Mobile
0C160000 Mobile
0C260000 Mobile
0D220003 HD 4600/5200 Desktop - Chimera Default
0D260000 Mobile
0D260007 HD 4600/5200 Mobile

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...lags-igpenabler-igplatformid-igpdeviceid.html

FYI: ioreg from my friend's MacBookPro11,2 shows AAPL,ig-platform-id=0a2e0008. Probably is a good place to start.

hey rehabman..

i successfully installed 10.9.3 since its official now ;)

but!!

i got QE/CL working but only when i plugged in mini HDMI cable.. without it.. it wont boot. its stuck on apple logo but can hear sound (voice over sound)..

using GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0A2E0008 ..

any ideas?

hey rehabman..

i successfully installed 10.9.3 since its official now ;)

but!!

i got QE/CL working but only when i plugged in mini HDMI cable.. without it.. it wont boot. its stuck on apple logo but can hear sound (voice over sound)..

using GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0A2E0008 ..

any ideas?

Same problem I had with prior version --problem recognizing built-in display... Did you try other platform ids? Could require framebuffer (connector table) edit.

Same problem I had with prior version --problem recognizing built-in display... Did you try other platform ids? Could require framebuffer (connector table) edit.

I think so too. im happy to experiment it.

I just dont know how to start :(

i extraccted my EDID for my display on windows 8.1... if that helps.. it basically tells the device id and stuff.

but the funny thing is... without the ig platform id flags.. it detects it on 3200x1800 resolution... just no QE/CL i hope that helps..

I think so too. im happy to experiment it.

I just dont know how to start :(

i extraccted my EDID for my display on windows 8.1... if that helps.. it basically tells the device id and stuff.

You could also try Clover which makes injecting EDID easy.

For editing connector table, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/125239-hd4600-hd4000-hd3000-framebuffer-edits.html (follow bcc9 credit link)

but the funny thing is... without the ig platform id flags.. it detects it on 3200x1800 resolution... just no QE/CL i hope that helps..

Yes, I had the same thing (tiny text). Unfortunately, without QE/CI... worthless...

My understanding is that other laptops with HD5000+ are working. So I have a feeling it has to do with the driver support for HD4400 not being capable of retina...

If you have some spare change, you could try upgrading the CPU.

Stupid question. Can't the hd5000 Kexts be modded for hd4400? Kind of like what is done in the PC Windows world all the time by swap changing device ids. Anyhow have another stupid question. Is it possible to install OSX upon an external USB drive for testing purposes? Such that you install from right side USB port unto left side usb3 port? I don't want anything to touch my internal hard drive at the moment. Thanks.

Stupid question. Can't the hd5000 Kexts be modded for hd4400? Kind of like what is done in the PC Windows world all the time by swap changing device ids.

You can try a device-id inject, but the device-id for HD4400 is already supported. Device-id injection is generally used to load drivers for unsupported devices.

Anyhow have another stupid question. Is it possible to install OSX upon an external USB drive for testing purposes? Such that you install from right side USB port unto left side usb3 port? I don't want anything to touch my internal hard drive at the moment. Thanks.

Yes.

You could also try Clover which makes injecting EDID easy.

For editing connector table, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/125239-hd4600-hd4000-hd3000-framebuffer-edits.html (follow bcc9 credit link)

Yes, I had the same thing (tiny text). Unfortunately, without QE/CI... worthless...

My understanding is that other laptops with HD5000+ are working. So I have a feeling it has to do with the driver support for HD4400 not being capable of retina...

If you have some spare change, you could try upgrading the CPU.

I dont think changing the cpu is the best idea but. Ill see!!

Ill try to edit the framebuffer tonight and see how i go.

Ill probably need your help with other kext or patch eg. Audio patching and trackpad, sleep etc. ill play around with with the display first!!

Thanks heaps

I remade USB 10.9.2 installer by unibeast, patched kernel and installed OS X.
But now computer is always reboot early at running OS (bootable flags don't help).
I also tried to install chameleon on that usb stick and boot with it but result is same.

I can not even rerun installing process now :(

I remade USB 10.9.2 installer by unibeast, patched kernel and installed OS X.
But now computer is always reboot early at running OS (bootable flags don't help).
I also tried to install chameleon on that usb stick and boot with it but result is same.

I can not even rerun installing process now :(

Make sure you followed all instructions for patching the kernel: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

In particular, after installing fresh to the HDD, you must again boot into the OS X installer to use Terminal to replace the mach_kernel with patched mach_kernel from the USB...

Make sure you followed all instructions for patching the kernel: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

In particular, after installing fresh to the HDD, you must again boot into the OS X installer to use Terminal to replace the mach_kernel with patched mach_kernel from the USB...

Oh, I missed that. Thanks. I have also keyboard issue (I can't typo anything at OS X installer) so I used my 10.6 at virtualbox instead to do it. I successfully changed mach_kernel and boot OS X from SSD but I still need keyboard to complete installation :(
I will try tomorrow with USB keyboard.

RehabMan said:
Install Chameleon to the USB for speed issue
It does not work for me. I downloaded Chameleon 2.1 and install it at the usb stick with OS X. Is it right? I also tried clover. All the same. It seems that only original unibeast boot file works for me (but with speed issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back