Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Core i5 Yosemite Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and you were right since the USB WiFi less annoying after sleep. I still have to rejoin networks but it doesn't require unplugging and replugging.

Also, is there a way for you to wake the EAPD with your CodecCommander kext without making that loud pop?

Whenever I have the volume at like 40-55 percent which is like a normal listening level for my Apple EarPods, it destroys my ears. It's only after I've sat in silence for a while and then suddenly I get a message from iMessage or press play on Spotify. It's not just when using Boom because the pop is still loud before EQing it using Boom. Boom just makes the pop more bass-ier.

On Windows 8.1 you can barely hear the EAPD turning on and off. I hear a slight hum in the background when the sound is on and it's more apparent if I have the charger in most likely due to the current. However, it's still really really faint. I can have the volume at 100 percent and I still barely hear the small pop but in OS X it's obvious and sometimes loud.

It's not a big problem and I could honestly live with is but it'd still be better if it could be solved, you know?

Remove Boom and test.

Note: The code is open. Feel free to experiment with changes: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Remove Boom and test.

Note: The code is open. Feel free to experiment with changes: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

The day I sent you the ioreg where you first noticed I had Boom installed was the day I had installed it. Before that it still did it and just to be sure I removed it and yet the pop is still there.

I guess I will take a look and make changes. Thank you for all of your support by the way.

The day I sent you the ioreg where you first noticed I had Boom installed was the day I had installed it. Before that it still did it and just to be sure I removed it and yet the pop is still there.

I can only go off what I see in ioreg. No ioreg, no proof.

I guess I will take a look and make changes.

Seems like a good idea.

I can only go off what I see in ioreg. No ioreg, no proof.

Seems like a good idea.
bringing back this thread from dead but
i have a lenovo aio and i am have installed sierra and i too have the same problem as alc 235 being recognized as alc 233 by ubuntu and others
by using patched HDA + your codec commander(recognizes as 0x10ec0235) i am able to have excellent quality sound but only through earphones
NO speaker recognized nor the inbuilt mic nor the mic on my earphones

If i dont plug in my earphones before boot then it wont recognize my earphones after boot and no audio

i have patched dsdt and using audio layout id=3 as thats the only one working for me
i am attaching all the usual debugging stuff but also my applehda+codeccommander+codec_dump
clover contains my ssdt ddst

*i applied the HDEF patch in clover and not in dsdt as the apply button was greyed out
*as you can see my definition is 15,1 but for skylake its recommended either 14.2 or 17.1
i have no problems with the 15,1 definition but could that be the source of problem

btw here are my specifications
Computer: LENOVO F0BF003CCF
CPU: Intel Pentium i3-6100
Motherboard: LENOVO SKYBAY
Chipset: Intel H110 (Skylake PCH-H)
Memory: 8192 MBytes @ 1064 MHz, 15-15-15-36
- 4096 MB PC17000 DDR4 SDRAM - Samsung M471A5143EB0-CPB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530
Intel HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
Drive: ST1000DM003-1SB102, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: PLDS DVD-RW DU8A6SH, DVD+R DL
Sound: Intel Skylake PCH-H - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
wifi/bt replaced with Broadcom BCM94352Z for native WiFi (Lenovo FRU: 04X6020, Lenovo PN: 20-200480)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 89
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
  • CodecCommander.kext.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 66
  • card0-codec#0.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 149
  • card0-codec#2.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Ashwin’s iMac.ioreg
    14.7 MB · Views: 103
  • kextcache.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 158
  • kextstat.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 139
bringing back this thread from dead but
i have a lenovo aio and i am have installed sierra and i too have the same problem as alc 235 being recognized as alc 233 by ubuntu and others
by using patched HDA + your codec commander(recognizes as 0x10ec0235) i am able to have excellent quality sound but only through earphones
NO speaker recognized nor the inbuilt mic nor the mic on my earphones

If i dont plug in my earphones before boot then it wont recognize my earphones after boot and no audio

i have patched dsdt and using audio layout id=3 as thats the only one working for me
i am attaching all the usual debugging stuff but also my applehda+codeccommander+codec_dump
clover contains my ssdt ddst

*i applied the HDEF patch in clover and not in dsdt as the apply button was greyed out
*as you can see my definition is 15,1 but for skylake its recommended either 14.2 or 17.1
i have no problems with the 15,1 definition but could that be the source of problem

btw here are my specifications
wifi/bt replaced with Broadcom BCM94352Z for native WiFi (Lenovo FRU: 04X6020, Lenovo PN: 20-200480)

Your ioreg is corrupt.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attachments

• Ashwin’s iMac.ioreg
    15.6 MB · Views: 70

Attachments

• Ashwin’s iMacproper.ioreg
    5.5 MB · Views: 67
try this one
made this one from the link

What hardware?
This ioreg indicates Skylake running Sierra.
This thread is for a Haswell Lenovo Yoga 2 running Yosemite.
Your profile indicates a Haswell Lenovo Y50-70.

As far as audio, your ioreg shows it working. If you have no output, then it is a mistake in your layout/platforms XML.

Note: Your config.plist is corrupt.
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:~ rehabman$ plutil -lint /Users/rehabman/Downloads/CLOVER/config.plist 
/Users/rehabman/Downloads/CLOVER/config.plist: Found non-key inside <dict> at line 390

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

What hardware?
This ioreg indicates Skylake.
This thread is for a Haswell Lenovo Yoga 2.
Your profile indicates a Haswell Lenovo Y50-70.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"
i have 3 hackintoshes so hard to add everything
the reason i posted here is cause the user you helped and from whom you added the alc 235 patch in codeccommander was here so posted here
if you check my first post i posted all the hardware info
anyways here you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back