Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Core i5 Yosemite Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get X86PLatformPlugin to load?

Generate a correct SSDT with ssdtPRgen.sh.

There's no way I can't use the USB WiFi since my internal adapter is not supported by OS X. I''ll take a look at the guide and try your suggestions.

USB WiFi is problematic. Test sleep with no external devices, including without USB WiFi.

Generate a correct SSDT with ssdtPRgen.sh.

USB WiFi is problematic. Test sleep with no external devices, including without USB WiFi.

Alright I generated another SSDT using that script. I previously generated it but I guess it was wrong. Now Intel Power Gadget reports the correct speed stepping. To avoid instant wake I'm using the kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2 in Clover.

I'm going to try to let it sleep without the USB WiFi plugged in.

Also, does Bluetooth Firmware Uploader work for the Intel Bluetooth? I thought that uploader was strictly for Atheros and Broadcom modules?

Last edited:
Alright I generated another SSDT using that script. I previously generated it but I guess it was wrong. Now Intel Power Gadget reports the correct speed stepping. To avoid instant wake I'm using the kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2 in Clover.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should be avoided with Yosemite.

Also, does Bluetooth Firmware Uploader work for the Intel Bluetooth? I thought that uploader was strictly for Atheros and Broadcom modules?

Don't know. I don't use or recommend BTFirmwareUploader.kext.

It may be unlikely to find a firmware uploader for Intel BT, since the associated WiFi is not supported... so most would be simply replacing it and ending up with Atheros or Broadcom BT along with the WiFi.

Well sleep still does not work so I have to troubleshoot some more. However, it doesn't hibernate now though after all of the changes.

So I should edit the DSDT to patch the _PRW methods and remove the Clover flag?

Also, why does the brightness slider not save still? It used to save my brightness from before but now does not? Hmmm...

Well sleep still does not work so I have to troubleshoot some more. However, it doesn't hibernate now though after all of the changes.

Define 'does not work'.

Hibernation (suspend to disk) is not supported on hacks and should be disabled:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

So I should edit the DSDT to patch the _PRW methods and remove the Clover flag?

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext, patch _PRW methods. Removing -gux_defer_usb2 is optional. It has no effect without GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed.

Your last ioreg shows no GenericUSBXHCI.kext loaded.

Also, why does the brightness slider not save still? It used to save my brightness from before but now does not? Hmmm...

You need working NVRAM for it to save/restore.

According to your bootlog (extracted from ioreg), you're using EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi, which requires the "RC scripts" to save the NVRAM variables to disk on shutdown. Perhaps you didn't install them when you installed Clover.

Define 'does not work'.

Hibernation (suspend to disk) is not supported on hacks and should be disabled:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext, patch _PRW methods. Removing -gux_defer_usb2 is optional. It has no effect without GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed.

Your last ioreg shows no GenericUSBXHCI.kext loaded.

You need working NVRAM for it to save/restore.

According to your bootlog (extracted from ioreg), you're using EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi, which requires the "RC scripts" to save the NVRAM variables to disk on shutdown. Perhaps you didn't install them when you installed Clover.

I removed the -gux_defer_usb2 flag and yes I did not have GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed but it was before at one time. I patched the _PRW commands using your Laptop DSDT patches on your master of all the patches. I also applied the Intel 7-series and 8-series USB and that fixed the some issues I had with the WiFi card and the USB. Before the WiFi card would lag the entire system if it wasn't plugged in before boot but now I can remove and add the little adapter freely and it works like it would in Windows.

The system report reports that the USB 3.0 controller is using AppleUSBXHCI which I'm assuming is good?

I installed the RC scripts to the target volume and that caused Clover to no longer boot but booting into Safe Mode worked. After I booted into Safe Mode once it returned to normal and I could boot again. The brightness slider setting in the displays menu saves now and it autosets the brightness when I boot into OS X.

Now as for sleep "not working" like I said earlier. After all of these patches and fixing things up the laptop actually tries to sleep now. The little light on the side begins to pulse which means that it is actually in hardware sleep. In Windows if I open the lid the laptop obviously wakes up to where I was. However, with OS X, upon opening the lid or pressing the spacebar if I used Apple => Sleep while open, it just boots to the UEFI bios and will load Windows 8.1 as that is my default boot option.

It doesn't even try to read the sleep image file or whatever OS X creates to allow it to wake instantly after opening the lid. When I boot OS X it just boots normally as if I hadn't even put it to sleep.

Hibernation is disabled using the terminal commands you provided. _PRW methods patched, native power management enabled, X86PlatformPlugin loaded, no WiFi adapter connected during tests, DSDT patched for all of your common laptop patches, GPU renamed to allow ACPI backlight, Macbook Air 6,2 definition. Done it all and we're getting close but not quite there yet haha.

Attaching new ioreg, dsdt, ssdt, config.plist.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    430 KB · Views: 75
Now as for sleep "not working" like I said earlier. After all of these patches and fixing things up the laptop actually tries to sleep now. The little light on the side begins to pulse which means that it is actually in hardware sleep. In Windows if I open the lid the laptop obviously wakes up to where I was. However, with OS X, upon opening the lid or pressing the spacebar if I used Apple => Sleep while open, it just boots to the UEFI bios and will load Windows 8.1 as that is my default boot option.

You're experiencing a crash/reboot on wake. Likely due to missing DSDT patches (most common is lack of "OS Check Fix.." or "HPET Fix". Did you follow the ACPI patching guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hibernation is disabled using the terminal commands you provided. _PRW methods patched, native power management enabled, X86PlatformPlugin loaded, no WiFi adapter connected during tests, DSDT patched for all of your common laptop patches, GPU renamed to allow ACPI backlight, Macbook Air 6,2 definition. Done it all and we're getting close but not quite there yet haha.[

Attaching new ioreg, dsdt, ssdt, config.plist.

Your config.plist does not specify order for SSDTs (SortedOrder).

As a result, your SSDTs load in what is probably the wrong order. From your bootlog:
Code:
31:363  0:000  Inserting ssdt-4.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
31:363  0:000  Inserting SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
31:370  0:006  Inserting dsdt.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
31:370  0:000  Inserting ssdt-1.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

Note also dsdt.aml being inserted as an SSDT (because it is lower case dsdt.aml instead of DSDT.aml).

The importance of SortedOrder is covered in the ACPI patching guide linked above.

Your ioreg shows 3rd party system software installed (Boom). Remove such software until your system is stable.

Your DSDT is not patched with the common patches. I checked just "HPET Fix" and yours does not have this patch. Since it is clear you didn't follow the guide, there are probably more missing.

You're experiencing a crash/reboot on wake. Likely due to missing DSDT patches (most common is lack of "OS Check Fix.." or "HPET Fix". Did you follow the ACPI patching guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Your config.plist does not specify order for SSDTs (SortedOrder).

As a result, your SSDTs load in what is probably the wrong order. From your bootlog:
Code:
31:363  0:000  Inserting ssdt-4.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
31:363  0:000  Inserting SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
31:370  0:006  Inserting dsdt.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
31:370  0:000  Inserting ssdt-1.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

Note also dsdt.aml being inserted as an SSDT (because it is lower case dsdt.aml instead of DSDT.aml).

The importance of SortedOrder is covered in the ACPI patching guide linked above.

Your ioreg shows 3rd party system software installed (Boom). Remove such software until your system is stable.

Your DSDT is not patched with the common patches. I checked just "HPET Fix" and yours does not have this patch. Since it is clear you didn't follow the guide, there are probably more missing.

Yeah sorry. I'm an idiot. Here I was thinking that I applied those patches but I remember now that there were errors in the DSDT and I couldn't compile it. I applied those patches and never actually compiled it. That DSDT in there right now is an old one before all the patches were applied.

Well, I applied everything and added a sorted order and renamed your nullEthernet SSDT back to it's ssdt-rmne name. I made sure that the ssdt numbering matched the original dumps.

I applied all the patches in your guide and then changed the OS Check Fix patch form Windows 2006 (Vista) to Windows 2012 (Windows 8).

After doing all that I tried using Apple => Sleep and what do you know it went to sleep. It instantly wakes up and it even wakes up faster than Windows 8.1 does. So then I reinstalled Boom and tried it and yep it still works.

The problematic WiFi was next so I plugged it in and tried sleeping. It works pretty well even with USB WiFi. It doesn't wake up on its own and doesn't crash or anything. The only issue is that when you wake it up the USB device has to be disconnected and reconnected or else the networks won't show up and I can't join any already known networks either. I'm assuming it's just an issue with the RT2870USB.kext that I'm using for the Ralink card.

Attached is the usual stuff:

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    431.4 KB · Views: 83
The problematic WiFi was next so I plugged it in and tried sleeping. It works pretty well even with USB WiFi. It doesn't wake up on its own and doesn't crash or anything. The only issue is that when you wake it up the USB device has to be disconnected and reconnected or else the networks won't show up and I can't join any already known networks either. I'm assuming it's just an issue with the RT2870USB.kext that I'm using for the Ralink card.

Attached is the usual stuff:

USB WiFi is problematic, but might work better if attached to the USB2 drivers.

Try installing FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

USB WiFi is problematic, but might work better if attached to the USB2 drivers.

Try installing FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

I installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and you were right since the USB WiFi less annoying after sleep. I still have to rejoin networks but it doesn't require unplugging and replugging.

Also, is there a way for you to wake the EAPD with your CodecCommander kext without making that loud pop?

Whenever I have the volume at like 40-55 percent which is like a normal listening level for my Apple EarPods, it destroys my ears. It's only after I've sat in silence for a while and then suddenly I get a message from iMessage or press play on Spotify. It's not just when using Boom because the pop is still loud before EQing it using Boom. Boom just makes the pop bass-ier.

On Windows 8.1 you can barely hear the EAPD turning on and off. I hear a slight hum in the background when the sound is on and it's more apparent if I have the charger in most likely due to the current. However, it's still really really faint. I can have the volume at 100 percent and I still barely hear the small pop but in OS X it's obvious and sometimes loud.

It's not a big problem and I could honestly live with is but it'd still be better if it could be solved, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back