Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Core i5 Yosemite Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at CodecCommander and the special settings for ALC233. You might need to change the node #s if they don't match.

CodecCommander is for no audio on wake or is it general? My headphone problem is constant, and my laptop can't even sleep cause it just shuts down.

Nevermind CodecCommander fixed my problem. All I had to do is edit the profile for ALC233 to the identifier of ALC235 (10EC0235 instead of 0233). I'm assuming the nodes are the same for both codecs and that's why they worked.

Nevermind CodecCommander fixed my problem. All I had to do is either the profile for ALC233 to the identified of ALC235. I'm assuming the nodes are the same for both codecs and that's why they worked.

That's what I thought would happen...

I'll make the change and it will be in the next build.

...my laptop can't even sleep cause it just shuts down.

Like I said earlier, my Yoga 2 13 can't sleep because whenever I close the lid the laptop shuts down as if the power button was held.

It has to cold boot again if I open the lid and press the power button to turn it on.

Sometimes I have to use Clover to cancel or force hibernate wake or else the loading bar stops.

How would I go about fixing it?

Like I said earlier, my Yoga 2 13 can't sleep because whenever I close the lid the laptop shuts down as if the power button was held.

It has to cold boot again if I open the lid and press the power button to turn it on.

Sometimes I have to use Clover to cancel or force hibernate wake or else the loading bar stops.

How would I go about fixing it?

Test sleep with no external devices plugged in. Use Apple->Sleep to test sleep.

Make sure you have power management and correctly patched ACPI.

See:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Test sleep with no external devices plugged in. Use Apple->Sleep to test sleep.

Make sure you have power management and correctly patched ACPI.

See:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I have native power management enabled by using the 13 inch Macbook Air Mid 2013 definition which is the closest to my laptop's specifications. It works really well and the temperatures are low and the clock speed changes as it would in Windows 8.1.

I'm pretty sure I've applied all of the patches you mentioned in your laptop DSDT edits thread seeing as you've already helped me before and you told me to apply those patches.

I've also patched DSDT for my sound layout, changing GFX0 to IGPU, ACPI backlight, ACPI battery patches, and also patched the SSDTs that needed it.

Using Apple -> Sleep without any devices connected makes the laptop act like it's about to sleep but it turns completely off and when I turn it on I have to cancel the hibernate wake.

Also, do you know why the Bluetooth works when I start Windows 8.1 first and then use the menus inside Windows to reboot into Clover? If I boot OS X using the boot menu button on the side of the laptop that Lenovo laptops have, Bluetooth is disabled and the icon in the menu bar has a squiggly line through it.

I have native power management enabled by using the 13 inch Macbook Air Mid 2013 definition which is the closest to my laptop's specifications. It works really well and the temperatures are low and the clock speed changes as it would in Windows 8.1.

I'm pretty sure I've applied all of the patches you mentioned in your laptop DSDT edits thread seeing as you've already helped me before and you told me to apply those patches.

I've also patched DSDT for my sound layout, changing GFX0 to IGPU, ACPI backlight, ACPI battery patches, and also patched the SSDTs that needed it.

Using Apple -> Sleep without any devices connected makes the laptop act like it's about to sleep but it turns completely off and when I turn it on I have to cancel the hibernate wake.

Hibernation should be disabled.

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, do you know why the Bluetooth works when I start Windows 8.1 first and then use the menus inside Windows to reboot into Clover? If I boot OS X using the boot menu button on the side of the laptop that Lenovo laptops have, Bluetooth is disabled and the icon in the menu bar has a squiggly line through it.

Sounds like you didn't install a bluetooth firmware uploader.

Here is a copy of my ioreg

Attachments

• Hector’s MacBook Air.zip
    397.7 KB · Views: 86
Here is a copy of my ioreg

Power management is not implemented (X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded, NullCPU is installed). No expectation that sleep will work correctly.

Also, USB WiFi is plugged. USB WiFi drivers are known to be unstable and interfere with sleep.

You probably also have "instant wake" (because I see acpi-wake-gpe in EHC1/EHC2/XHC nodes in IOACPIPlane). You need to remove the _PRW objects or set the second value in the package to zero. Patches for it are covered in the ACPI patching guide.

Power management is not implemented (X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded, NullCPU is installed). No expectation that sleep will work correctly.

Also, USB WiFi is plugged. USB WiFi drivers are known to be unstable and interfere with sleep.

You probably also have "instant wake" (because I see acpi-wake-gpe in EHC1/EHC2/XHC nodes in IOACPIPlane). You need to remove the _PRW objects or set the second value in the package to zero. Patches for it are covered in the ACPI patching guide.

How do I get X86PLatformPlugin to load? There's no way I can't use the USB WiFi since my internal adapter is not supported by OS X. I''ll take a look at the guide and try your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back