Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Core i5 Yosemite Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't manage to make it work properly. The wifi card is an intel card, which isn't compatible with OS X. I don't know how to extract and correctly patch the dsdt.

guiferreira,
Want to know if you finally get your Yoga 2 work with 10.10?

I want to buy a ultrabook for OS X and want some diskspace, though Yoga 2 is the best choice in terms of it stylish, 500G internal with add SSD (either 64G or 128G), screen look good (I won't need a super high res screen)... most important is my frd will sell it to me at a very attractive price!!!

And 1 more question on the wifi, do you the internal wifi card or use USB dongle?

If possible, can let me know how you did the modify of your DSDT or share it ? :headbang:

thank you!!
Kent

Lots of info in the FAQ/stickies.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I managed to get this laptop to work with everything minus sleep and the obvious Intel WiFi card problem.

Graphics work properly without garbled text and sound works using a patched AppleHDA kext for the ALC235 (was a bit tricky since it identified as an ALC233).

The touchscreen works like it does in Windows 8.1 while lacking the ability to scroll in Safari with it.

Use Rehabman's ACPIBattery with the correct battery patches applied for battery percentage and status. Also use his ACIPBacklight kext for brightness with the correct patched SSDT to rename the OEM DSDT GPU references to IGPU.

The Lenovo DSDT is pretty crappy and you HAVE to create it using the dumps from Linux to get a good dump and also fix a multitude of errors found within or else you won't be able to compile it.

Function keys will work including volume and the key that turns off the display after patching DSD. You need to change the OS identifier or whatever it is called for ACPI hotkey commands to register. (The backlit keyboard hotkey also works fine.)

Use a Ralink or D-Link USB WiFi adapter until a M.2 version of a supported Broadcom WiFi card is available. There's one around based on a Broadcom BCM chipset but it's pretty expensive.

The bluetooth in the Intel WiFi card works only if you've booted Windows 8.1 first and then use the Advanced Recovery options to reboot into Clover. Otherwise, the bluetooth card will remain disabled and won't be usable until Windows 8.1 is booted.
I'm pretty sure there's some firmware uploader or something that I can't remember which fixes this issue.

Bluetooth on this card is connected by the USB lane on the M.2 slot so it's not limited by the unsupported WiFi.

I am currently trying to get iMessage to work along with the Mac App Store since the USB card isn't showing up as BuiltIn using Clover. The USB cards do show up as en0 if you set it up before the Bluetooth PAN is detected.

Can I use the injector and attach to the unsupported Intel 7260 WiFi card? It's using the M.2 connector which obviously uses the PCI Express lane?

You probably could (depends on bootloader capability to make it built-in).

But you could also use DSDT or SSDT technique too. Your call. Try it and report back.

You probably could (depends on bootloader capability to make it built-in).

But you could also use DSDT or SSDT technique too. Your call. Try it and report back.

I ended up using the SSDT technique making it take the place of ssdt-1. Upon deleting the network preferences and restarting, the Mac App Store and iMessage started working. Thanks again.

You know how to deal with headphones sounding distorted (sound is there but missing some elements) and yet the speakers work? EAPD problem maybe?

I ended up using the SSDT technique making it take the place of ssdt-1.

Never "take place of"... always "in addition to"...

You know how to deal with headphones sounding distorted (sound is there but missing some elements) and yet the speakers work? EAPD problem?

What audio codec?
What are you using for audio?

Never "take place of"... always "in addition to"...

What audio codec?
What are you using for audio?

Oh yeah, ssdt-1 was empty. My other SSDTs are on slots 2, 3, and 4.

I'm using a patched AppleHDA kext on 10.10.3. I read that 10.10.4 updates the audio kexts so I've held off on updating for now.

I'm using audio codec Realtek ALC235 (identifies as a ALC233 but the codec_dump shows 0x10ec0235 so it's an ALC235). The speakers work but the headphones are not sounding right.

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 161
Oh yeah, ssdt-1 was empty. My other SSDTs are on slots 2, 3, and 4.

Here's the naming method I use:
SSDT.aml: generated from ssdtPRgen.sh
SSDT-0, SSDT-1, SSDT-2, etc: (patched) OEM SSDTs
Additional SSDTs are named after their purpose
eg. SSDT-RMNE.aml would be for NullEthernet SSDT...

Using audio codec Realtek ALC235 (identifies as a ALC233 but the codec_dump shows 0x10ec0235 so it's an ALC235).

Look at CodecCommander and the special settings for ALC233. You might need to change the node #s if they don't match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back