Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y550P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starwarrior, I bought and installed the macbook pro airport card and it works great but only in 32 bit mode. Were you able to get it to run in 64bit mode? It isn't recognized unless I boot with arch=i386.

Thanks

I have confirmed that is the case. The wireless driver does not load in 64bit kernel & extensions mode.

Most macs don't even ship with that enabled, So it shouldn't be a big problem.

I've already got it to work in 64bit mode if you've visited my y550p site. ;)

Hey
I read your blog and saw your posts over at insanelymac I got a few more question about the working of the laptop that I couldn't find the answer to in your blog. Here they are

You mentioned multi monitor doesn't work, does VGA out work by its own.
Mouse works, does Multi touch work?

Other than that I think everything is working perfect, great writeup. I am going to buy it, cheers!

Thanks

sowing said:
Hey
I read your blog and saw your posts over at insanelymac I got a few more question about the working of the laptop that I couldn't find the answer to in your blog. Here they are

You mentioned multi monitor doesn't work, does VGA out work by its own.
Mouse works, does Multi touch work?

Other than that I think everything is working perfect, great writeup. I am going to buy it, cheers!

Thanks

Multi monitor sort of doesn't work. I can't mirror the two screens, it works more like an extension of the original OS X Screen.

Haven't tested VGA Out, will test it when i am back home.

Mouse works but might be buggy sometimes, Multi touch works.

ok need help been working on this for awhile i have retail snow leopard 10.6 all i have are windows computers i dont know if that matters or not i am using transmac to burn image and i copied the files to usb and dvd but when i load up boothink it says something about activate partition maybe hidden im not sure what this means so i guess my real question is how to i install mac os x to my y550p without a mac thanks for any help in advance

silver46 said:
ok need help been working on this for awhile i have retail snow leopard 10.6 all i have are windows computers i dont know if that matters or not i am using transmac to burn image and i copied the files to usb and dvd but when i load up boothink it says something about activate partition maybe hidden im not sure what this means so i guess my real question is how to i install mac os x to my y550p without a mac thanks for any help in advance
You can use anything in Windows to burn the iBoot image to a CD.

Why aren't you using your purchased retail copy of Snow Leopard DVD? You can't mix media when installing.

but when i use iboot and press f5 it doesnt recognize my retail dvd unless im doing something wrong

Ok got it to install but now I cannot get into os x it just says u need to restart your computer

You've emailed me. Replied you. Just for anyone who is gonna post here. I am not gonna reply to any of your questions if you post here. I will read them, but i won't reply. You can get my email and everything so yeah. :) Oh, and i hope you at least give me the courtesy of knowing your name when you email me. I've had a "John Doe" email me.

Zane

EDIT:

MacMan said:
silver46 said:
You can use anything in Windows to burn the iBoot image to a CD.

Why aren't you using your purchased retail copy of Snow Leopard DVD? You can't mix media when installing.

I highly doubt iBoot will work. I didn't test it but... from the previous versions i've tried, it doesn't work, however the newer iBoot might work. Can't be bothered to do a reinstall just to test though. Besides, You only need 3 kexts and the DSDT i think. Honestly, i feel that the DSDT is also not needed. I rather you extract the DSDT from the laptop yourself in Linux. So yeah.

Attachments

• New Generated DSDT for Here to Help.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 85
good afternoon!

Thanks so much for putting together this guide as it gives me hope for my own Ideapad with the following specs:

Intel Core i7 720qm
Nvidia 1 GB GE Force 240M
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB Seagate Momentus 5400 rpm hard drive

I followed your guide for the most part without using the GParted cd and was wondering how I can do the following:

-enable at least four of my cores such that they show up in Activity Monitor -- so far, in 10.6.4, only one track appears

-check for the ripple effect in dashboard and if not enabled, how to enable it.

I can provide more information about my setup as needed. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back