{
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }
Link to dsdt editor for osx:
http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

I tried really hard to figure out how to get the battery to show up... but no luck
none of the DSDT edits I found did anything useful and voodoobattery does not really seem to function at all. This is the final obstacle to having a fully functioning system!

A quick warning for those who are planning to set up dual-boot. When you format the partition with disk utility from the osx dvd and choose a GPT disk-- which you should be. The windows partition will obviously be FAT32 in order to create the hybrid disk. Before you go to install windows it is necessary to format that fat32 partition as NTFS prior to setting it active (needed for windows 7 to be able to install). I'd recommend using a bootable cd utility like gparted etc. Otherwise, the machine will not post at all (black screen with the sliderbar lights flashing). If this happens, the only way to correct this is to remove the drive and format the partition in another machine.

starrwrrior said:
I found a fix for sleep on lid close-

place the following above PWRB in DSDT.
Code:
        Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }
Link to dsdt editor for osx:
http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

I tried really hard to figure out how to get the battery to show up... but no luck
none of the DSDT edits I found did anything useful and voodoobattery does not really seem to function at all. This is the final obstacle to having a fully functioning system!

A quick warning for those who are planning to set up dual-boot. When you format the partition with disk utility from the osx dvd and choose a GPT disk-- which you should be. The windows partition will obviously be FAT32 in order to create the hybrid disk. Before you go to install windows it is necessary to format that fat32 partition as NTFS prior to setting it active (needed for windows 7 to be able to install). I'd recommend using a bootable cd utility like gparted etc. Otherwise, the machine will not post at all (black screen with the sliderbar lights flashing). If this happens, the only way to correct this is to remove the drive and format the partition in another machine.

GPT Disk? If i remember correctly i am using MBR for dual boot. Will try your DSDT Fix, though i dont think i really need it.

Find LidSleep.kext, I am trying to attach it here but Windows 7 is crazy. It tries to open / unzip it.

You are saying to find that kext because you have personally tested it before and it works? or? How do you even know if sleep is working?

EDIT: @starrwrrior I just bought the exact model of wifi card off eBay. It's gonna be arriving here soon, 2-3weeks i guess. But what i need to ask you is that, how did you connect the 3 antenna wires as the numbering is different from the original wifi card. And did you have to install any kext to get it working?

EDIT 2: Tested the LidSleep.kext myself and i confirm that it works. Unfortunately your DSDT Patch didnt work for me starrwrrior.

EDIT 3: Oh and i reckon i should answer your long asked questtion starrwrrior. Increasing and decreasing Brightness doesnt work AFTER the install of VoodooBattery Kext. But Voodoo Battery Kext IS working.

Hey Everyone i'm new here. I have Lenovo IdeaPad Y550P with bios 5.07.
Thanks Zane for great work, but i have problem i can't even boot my retail dvd i have tried a iboot and boot 132 and nothing. :( I have Turned on AHCI in bios. other options is default.
I have snow leopard 10a432 retail i have patched it to install on mbr. i can post a screen with error if you want.
I have i3 350M processor and HM55 Chipset no PM55 which is in y550P with i7
PS:
Sorry if i have made a lot of spelling errors. i have learning english only 6 years in school.

Patyczak1 said:
Hey Everyone i'm new here. I have Lenovo IdeaPad Y550P with bios 5.07.
Thanks Zane for great work, but i have problem i can't even boot my retail dvd i have tried a iboot and boot 132 and nothing. :( I have Turned on AHCI in bios. other options is default.
I have snow leopard 10a432 retail i have patched it to install on mbr. i can post a screen with error if you want.
I have i3 350M processor and HM55 Chipset no PM55 which is in y550P with i7
PS:
Sorry if i have made a lot of spelling errors. i have learning english only 6 years in school.

Welcome. :) New guide below. Or if you want i could guide you on skype or msn if i'm free. I'm free now . ';p

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=230247

EDIT: GOODNESS ME, HOW CAN I BE SO STUPID. TO ANYONE WHO IS ANNOYED WITH THE AUDIO KEXTS AS THERE IS ALWAYS A 'POP' SOUND BEFORE AUDIO STARTS PLAYING, GO TO AUDIO MIDI SETUP IN APPS -> UTILITIES -> AUDIO MIDI SETUP AND CHANGE THE FORMAT TO USE 48000.0Hz INSTEAD OF 44100.0Hz. AND 2ch-16bit FOR BOTH MIC AND SPEAKER. FIXED. LAST THING LEFT! WIFI! Or not.

Thanks for reply. I will try this new guide if i have any problems i will write here.
Edit:
Yea nice guide but i don't have 8 gb pendrive;/ .

Edit 2:
i have fitted it on my 4GB but it's reboot after loading dsdt
when i boot it from iboot it stops after loading network drivers.

Patyczak1 said:
Thanks for reply. I will try this new guide if i have any problems i will write here.
Edit:
Yea nice guide but i don't have 8 gb pendrive;/ .

Edit 2:
i have fitted it on my 4GB but it's reboot after loading dsdt
when i boot it from iboot it stops after loading network drivers.

Hey could you add me on msn or skype? I don't really have time to come back here to check everytime. I'm more active on skype and msn and i can give you a faster reply. I am working on getting stuff working perfectly that's why im busy? :)

I'll pm you my accounts

-Zane

Zane said:
Hey could you add me on msn or skype? I don't really have time to come back here to check everytime. I'm more active on skype and msn and i can give you a faster reply. I am working on getting stuff working perfectly that's why im busy? :)

I'll pm you my accounts

-Zane

Zane, what is your skype account? I have SL running *almost* perfectly (i also deviated from your guide just a bit) with a couple of issues. Hoping you could help and a BIG THANK YOU for your guide. Wihtout it i probably wouldnt have gotten this up and running as far as it is.

Starwarrior, I bought and installed the macbook pro airport card and it works great but only in 32 bit mode. Were you able to get it to run in 64bit mode? It isn't recognized unless I boot with arch=i386.

Thanks

All future updates will be posted at my site. You can find my site in my Signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back