Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y510p HD4600 Graphics Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you set your resolution to 1024x768 it fixes the issue. CSM also changed the screen resolution for me, so no matter what you'll have the low res clover screen.

Screen resolution in Clover really doesn't matter. It doesn't affect your screen in macOS...

Someone else said they fixed the issue on a 4400m by setting the horizontal sync pulse width to 32 via the edid. I'm just wondering if you've heard of such a solution?

Read up on EDID and try it.

Did you enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS?

I don't think the Y510p has that function. If anything would be SATA Controller Mode [set to AHCI]. My Gigabyte mobo has that function but not my laptop.

I don't think the Y510p has that function. If anything would be SATA Controller Mode [set to AHCI]. My Gigabyte mobo has that function but not my laptop.
Try set your clover screen lower, as that's part of what CSM does, and they both seem to fix it.

Screen resolution in Clover really doesn't matter. It doesn't affect your screen in macOS...
Yes I know it doesn't matter to the macOS user experience, but what I mean is the effects of CSM include lowering the Clover resolution, so regardless of which you use both have a lower Clover resolution.

Personally I don't like it as the screen is now stretched out during boot, but I mean at least macOS works.

Read up on EDID and try it.
Will do!

On a sidenote, from my understanding, the HD4600m shares RAM for video memory, so why does injecting 0x04260000 make it register only 1.0GB as opposed to injecting 0x0a260006 showing 1.5GB?
Is that purely a cosmetic display?

so regardless of which you use both have a lower Clover resolution.

But it just doesn't matter.
Clover is just as functional that way.

On a sidenote, from my understanding, the HD4600m shares RAM for video memory, so why does injecting 0x04260000 make it register only 1.0GB as opposed to injecting 0x0a260006 showing 1.5GB?

Framebuffer data specifies VRAM. That data is determined by ig-platform-id.

Is that purely a cosmetic display?

No. IGPU uses system memory. The amount used is an arbitrary choice by those writing the drivers.
In Apple's case, it varies depending on the ig-platform-id injected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back