Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been out of the scene for awhile, last hackintosh i had was a purpose built Snow Leopard machine, that was a breeze.

Ive been banging my head against the wall, i have a Lenovo y500 laptop, that on paper at least seems like it would be a decent hackintosh:

Intel Core i7 (3rd Gen) 3630QM (ivy bridge)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M - 2 GB
* Unusualy - No Intel/Optimus Graphics
**Optimus is disabled by hardware, the
i7 3630QM does not have Intel Graphics (even in windows) this is disabled by Hardware and there is no options relating to it in the bios. Therefore this laptop only has a single NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. No intel graphics.**

I created a yosemite USB with unibeast, the laptop beings to boot, with -v i can see the kexts being loaded, however before it can boot to the installer the screen goes blank, the laptop fans kick in and the machine restarts. Its hard to see what causes the error as the screen goes off so quickly.

Ive researched the net high and low... i have not been able to find a solution. Ive seen a few other forum posts of users with this same laptop reporting the same issue however no one has ever replied or being able to offer any advice.

Anyone with indepth knowledge able to shed light on this problem?

I've been out of the scene for awhile, last hackintosh i had was a purpose built Snow Leopard machine, that was a breeze.

Ive been banging my head against the wall, i have a Lenovo y500 laptop, that on paper at least seems like it would be a decent hackintosh:

Intel Core i7 (3rd Gen) 3630QM (ivy bridge)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M - 2 GB
* Unusualy - No Intel/Optimus Graphics
**Optimus is disabled by hardware, the
i7 3630QM does not have Intel Graphics (even in windows) this is disabled by Hardware and there is no options relating to it in the bios. Therefore this laptop only has a single NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. No intel graphics.**

I created a yosemite USB with unibeast, the laptop beings to boot, with -v i can see the kexts being loaded, however before it can boot to the installer the screen goes blank, the laptop fans kick in and the machine restarts. Its hard to see what causes the error as the screen goes off so quickly.

Ive researched the net high and low... i have not been able to find a solution. Ive seen a few other forum posts of users with this same laptop reporting the same issue however no one has ever replied or being able to offer any advice.

Anyone with indepth knowledge able to shed light on this problem?

Does it reboot at AppleKextExcludeList.kext?

As soon as i get home from work i will have a look, il also try to record a video of the boot process with the verbose output - v

Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

As soon as i get home from work i will have a look, il also try to record a video of the boot process with the verbose output - v

Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

Another possibility is lapic panic. Try with cpus=1.

Hi,

ive already tried that bootflag no luck, also i dont think that the AppleKextExcludeList.kext is causing the reboot as there is no mention of this in the verbose output.

When you search this forum for the y500 there are many threads on here describing this exact same issue with many versions of OSX 10.7/ 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 no one was ever able to boot to the installer.

Im on the verge of giving up, looks like no one else was ever able to resolve this...

Could it be anything to do with the lack of optimus? there is literally only a Nvidia GT 650m in this laptop, Intel graphics are disabled at hardware level, no bios mods/hacks are able to change that.

Hi,

ive already tried that bootflag no luck, also i dont think that the AppleKextExcludeList.kext is causing the reboot as there is no mention of this in the verbose output.

When you search this forum for the y500 there are many threads on here describing this exact same issue with many versions of OSX 10.7/ 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 no one was ever able to boot to the installer.

Im on the verge of giving up, looks like no one else was ever able to resolve this...

Could it be anything to do with the lack of optimus? there is literally only a Nvidia GT 650m in this laptop, Intel graphics are disabled at hardware level, no bios mods/hacks are able to change that.

Try one of the two guides here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back