Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I believe I know what is happening.

Somehow Windows tends to change the UEFI boot entries in the bios by itself.
Go into the BIOS and see if its possible to "add boot entry" navigate to the clover drive "/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI" add it as a new option.

Do not​ remove the existing Windows option, but rather make it 2nd in priority.

How would the entries in BIOS affect what is displayed in Clover? Clover scans the HDD content.

Maybe the OP is not describing the problem very clearly.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ah, yes.
I was understanding it does not show Clover at all anymore but goes directly to the Windows bootloader.

Obviously if Clover is still loading and displaying then it would be weird.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ah, yes.
I was understanding it does not show Clover at all anymore but goes directly to the Windows bootloader.

Obviously if Clover is still loading and displaying then it would be weird.

I think the OP has some clarification to provide.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

iPlayGuitar,

Your framebuffer is correctly patched and seems to be fully operational.

It is strange that you are experiencing these issues because my Intel HD4600 is able to drive my 3200x1800 screen and a 1920x1080 external monitor on DP at the same time.

On Windows it can drive the internal 3200x1800 and 2 extra screens at 1920x1080 each on HDMI and DP.

Note that on OS X plugging in the 3rd screen crashes the machine, which I think is some other issue. Have not really looked into it.

Try to install and run Pike R. Alpha's AppleInfoInfo: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelInfo
It will also give detailed information about the Intel GPU, this you can then compare to mine.

My results are here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/153390-guide-lenovo-y50-53.html#post973802

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I think the OP has some clarification to provide.

I'll explain the whole situation again. I know it's kinda hard to unsderstand me as english is not my motherlanguage. I'll write a step by step explanation!

1. I followed this guide and thanks to RehabMan I was able to solve some usb installation problems and I was able to install Yosemite.

2. I boot (past tense) my laptop and I set up Yosemite. I'm able to hit the main screen of the OS and I make some Settings adjustments.

3. I reboot into windows so I can follow the guide and install Clover to the hard drive.

4. When I want to reboot from windows to Yosemite, I'm not able to boot back to it.

5. I check my Yosemite partition, but the OS files are still there. Clover is just not able to boot to it. There's no ''Boot to Yosemite'' button.

Some clarifications: I was not able to finish the ''Install clover to your hard drive'' step of the guide. I still rely on my USB to boot back to Yosemite which clearly doesn't work.

I was able to follow until step 3 (including step 3) of ''Install clover to your hard drive''. I don't know if this affected me somehow and is the answer to not letting me boot back to yosemite after the installation with clover.

Attachments

• e84ba3140104500e87a93fdf9e27a708.png
    e84ba3140104500e87a93fdf9e27a708.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 86
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I'll explain the whole situation again. I know it's kinda hard to unsderstand me as english is not my motherlanguage. I'll write a step by step explanation!

1. I followed this guide and thanks to RehabMan I was able to solve some usb installation problems and I was able to install Yosemite.

2. I boot (past tense) my laptop and I set up Yosemite. I'm able to hit the main screen of the OS and I make some Settings adjustments.

3. I reboot into windows so I can follow the guide and install Clover to the hard drive.

4. When I want to reboot from windows to Yosemite, I'm not able to boot back to it.

5. I check my Yosemite partition, but the OS files are still there. Clover is just not able to boot to it. There's no ''Boot to Yosemite'' button.

Some clarifications: I was not able to finish the ''Install clover to your hard drive'' step of the guide. I still rely on my USB to boot back to Yosemite which clearly doesn't work.

I was able to follow until step 3 (including step 3) of ''Install clover to your hard drive''. I don't know if this affected me somehow and is the answer to not letting me boot back to yosemite after the installation with clover.

If your problem is with Clover, turn on logging in Clover and examine the pre-boot log.

It is still not clear from your description what the problem is exactly. You should use pictures and upload your EFI folder.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

iPlayGuitar,

Your framebuffer is correctly patched and seems to be fully operational.

It is strange that you are experiencing these issues because my Intel HD4600 is able to drive my 3200x1800 screen and a 1920x1080 external monitor on DP at the same time.

On Windows it can drive the internal 3200x1800 and 2 extra screens at 1920x1080 each on HDMI and DP.

Note that on OS X plugging in the 3rd screen crashes the machine, which I think is some other issue. Have not really looked into it.

Try to install and run Pike R. Alpha's AppleInfoInfo: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelInfo
It will also give detailed information about the Intel GPU, this you can then compare to mine.

My results are here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/153390-guide-lenovo-y50-53.html#post973802

Here are my results

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Well I am happy to say that I have finished the guide and have Yosemite working perfectly on my Lenovo Y50 . I want to thank the creator of this guide, to RehabMan for their constant support and dedication , and other users who make this possible community.

I mean it was the first time that I started to make a Hackintosh , starting from scratch , and thanks to this I learned a lot , and I managed to run my laptop to dual boot Windows 8.1 / OS X Yosemite

Greetings to all and thanks again !!!

One video of my hackintosh :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kywWPa-V0g4#t=28

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

This is really weird. I can watch 4k video on chrome youtube without a single frame dropped (on windows I can't watch any 4k video in chrome, I get like 10 fps. Internet Explorer works the best but does drop a lot of frames too).

So OS X handles this way better but can't handle a damn interface in 4k resolution ? wow

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Well I am happy to say that I have finished the guide and have Yosemite working perfectly on my Lenovo Y50 . I want to thank the creator of this guide, to RehabMan for their constant support and dedication , and other users who make this possible community.

I mean it was the first time that I started to make a Hackintosh , starting from scratch , and thanks to this I learned a lot , and I managed to run my laptop to dual boot Windows 8.1 / OS X Yosemite

Greetings to all and thanks again !!!

One video of my hackintosh :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kywWPa-V0g4#t=28

My bluetooth not working how u get it workd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back