Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but that says intel isn't supported,

Yes... because it isn't and needs to be replaced.

i managed to get the bluetooth working… for now, it plays audio and stuff i just thought there might've been a fix to make it stable, but I'm using a intel wifi chip and bluetooth IS working on it

Bluetooth has nothing to do with WiFi.

Yes... because it isn't and needs to be replaced.

Bluetooth has nothing to do with WiFi.

I've sorted my wifi, i use a USB for it, i was wondering why my bluetooth wasn't stable or if there was a fix because sometimes its on and working, other times it'll just say disabled unless i reboot a few times

I've sorted my wifi, i use a USB for it, i was wondering why my bluetooth wasn't stable or if there was a fix because sometimes its on and working, other times it'll just say disabled unless i reboot a few times

Intel BT is not used/tested by Apple. Apple products don't use it.

Best result with compatible Broadcom hardware.

Intel BT is not used/tested by Apple. Apple products don't use it.

Best result with compatible Broadcom hardware.

You're making it sound like Intel BT isn't supported, but it is. when i boot my mac it won't work but if i click restart, it will work once it reboots, i use it to send files and play audio. So i just thought maybe there was a kext or something i had to add to the clover boot, but Yosemite is compatible with my Intel card for BT, i was just hoping for a fix instead of this work around where i have to restart before its fully functional

You're making it sound like Intel BT isn't supported, but it is.

It works, but is problematic.

Better results with hardware that is same/similar to what Apple uses.

True, that would be my number 1 choice but changing the Wifi card will void my warranty, so ill change it once its expired, i think I've found a good fix, copy the bluetooth kexts from */Extensions into the clover kexts folder, works on the first boot now :)

True, that would be my number 1 choice but changing the Wifi card will void my warranty, so ill change it once its expired, i think I've found a good fix, copy the bluetooth kexts from */Extensions into the clover kexts folder, works on the first boot now :)

Sounds like kernel cache issue. Not a good idea to place system kexts into EFI/Clover/kexts...

I wanna thank you for this awesome user-friendly guide. This made my day. I finally installed Yosemite and it is running flawlessly.

Now, I did exactly as you said but I can't get my laptop to sleep. I ned to turn it off and then start again. Can you help me out as to how to patch the dsdt's or ssdt's to enable the sleep function.

Also, after installing yosemite, can I upgrade to l El Capitan?

Thank You once again for this guide.

All Praise RehabMan

I wanna thank you for this awesome user-friendly guide. This made my day. I finally installed Yosemite and it is running flawlessly.

Now, I did exactly as you said but I can't get my laptop to sleep. I ned to turn it off and then start again. Can you help me out as to how to patch the dsdt's or ssdt's to enable the sleep function.

Also, after installing yosemite, can I upgrade to l El Capitan?

Thank You once again for this guide.

All Praise RehabMan

This thread and guide is deprecated.

See updated guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...novo-y50-y70-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back