Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 with Clover

I have no first hand experience with that card, but it does look like the right card.

Note: Some Lenovo computers have a BIOS whitelist where only Lenovo branded cards are accepted.

I have no first hand experience with that card, but it does look like the right card.

Note: Some Lenovo computers have a BIOS whitelist where only Lenovo branded cards are accepted.

well i've got the card name from this PDF provided from Lenovo what do you think? seems legit.
but anyways if that kind of whitelist exists i'll mod my BIOS to remove it but for now i just want to do things simple you know?
And by Lenovo branded do you mean cards manufactured BY lenovo or ay WiFi card manufactured FOR lenovo? cuz right now i have a AR9565 on this laptop.

well i've got the card name from this PDF provided from Lenovo what do you think? seems legit.

Lenovo sells its own cards with special subvendor/subdevice IDs burned into the EEPROM. The BIOS can check these IDs to see if a non-Lenovo card was installed and the BIOS can refuse to boot the laptop.

And by Lenovo branded do you mean cards manufactured BY lenovo or ay WiFi card manufactured FOR lenovo? cuz right now i have a AR9565 on this laptop.

Lenovo doesn't manufacture any WiFi hardware. They simply purchase Lenovo branded devices from their supplier.

The only one known to be compatible with OS X is BCM94352Z.

This is the card shipping in the newest version of the y50 touch. Works great so far - can't believe the price of these!

Greetings to all. I have a model with UHD display and since installation I have a problem with the display of Yosemite. Appears to me only on the external display via HDMI at 1920x1080p

I am now in the instructions for Part 3 at the beginning of the SSDT, but this view does not seem to me somehow.

Can anyone advise me?
IMG_0934.jpg

Edit:
t's ok, I found the answer here.

Yet there ever solved that with UHD (3840x2160) is a little MB of memory on the graphics card. Can someone please direct me to answer?

Yet there ever solved that with UHD (3840x2160) is a little MB of memory on the graphics card. Can someone please direct me to answer?

It is in this thread.

When I want to boot where do I need to add the boot args?

I did everything on the rehabman to build a clover USB and followed the exceptions this guide has, I was able to boot into the usb and the clover interface, but when it finished loading this is the screen I get. photo 2 (1).jpg

I did everything on the rehabman to build a clover USB

Maybe, but you didn't fill out your profile, so we have no idea on your hardware configuration.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Thank you for this guide, man !!!
The mankind is moving forward thanks to people like you !

I have the same laptop (the 1080p version) and I will try to make it dual boot.
I was wondering can anyone conform a real working wireless adapter, recognised as AirPort ?

Thank you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back